Dec. 31, 1920 - Jan. 9, 2013
Opal Hicks, 92, of Clinton, died Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House, Bettendorf.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, January 12, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Saturday from 10 a.m. to the service time at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Opal May Burmeister was born on December 31, 1920, in Clinton, the daughter of Christ and Florence Burmeister. She was a graduate of Clinton High School.
Opal married James Hicks on February 1, 1942, in Clinton; he died August 23, 2009.
Opal was employed at the Burpee Seed Company in the 1950’s and 1960’s.
Opal was an avid bowler and enjoyed following the Iowa Hawkeyes. She loved to play bingo and go on vacation trips.
Opal is survived by a daughter, Joyce (Jim) King of Davenport; 2 grandchildren, Kevin (Coni) King of Germantown Hills, Illinois, and Daneen (John) McFadden of Bettendorf, Iowa; and 3 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, and one brother, Perry.
Memorials can be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Death date: Jan. 9, 2013
Dec. 31, 1920 - Jan. 9, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines