July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
Edna E. Crider, 97, of Clinton, died Thursday, January 10, 2013, at her home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 14, 2013, at the Evangelical Free Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Tom Holt, Joel Collins, Jeff Collins, Tim Thompson, Don Thiessen and Jaim Lawson. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Edna E. Thompson was born on July 8, 1915, in Burtrum, Minnesota, the daughter of Martin and Gena (Erickson) Thompson. She married Harold Dietrich on December 21, 1935, in Burtrum, Minnesota; he died April 19, 1956. She later married Alfred Crider on September 3, 1968, in Nahsua, Iowa; he died January 25, 1997.
Edna was a zipper setter at the Clinton Garment Factory for 27 years.
Edna was a member of the Evangelical Free Church. She enjoyed sewing, playing cards, bowling, adoring her cats and spending time with her family.
Edna is survived by two daughters: Shirley Holt of Clinton and Janice (Jack) Collins of Clinton; 8 grandchildren: Jeff Collins of Topeka, Kansas, Jody (Don) Theissen of Long Grove, Iowa, Julie (Dave Young) Becker of Clinton, Joel Collins of Fulton, Debbie Gale of St. Cloud, Minnesota, Lori Lawson of Davenport, Brenda (Tim) Thompson of Blue Grass, Iowa, and Thomas Holt of Camanche; stepchildren: Richard Crider, Jim Burgess, Patsy Johanson, Allen (Mary) Crider and Diana (Carey) Anderson; numerous stepgrandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; and a brother-in-law, Robert (Jeanne) Crider of Clinton.
Edna was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; stepson, Gary Crider; son-in-law, Richard Holt; one brother, two sisters and several sisters- and brothers-in-law.
Memorials can be made to the Evangelical Free Church.
Death date: Jan. 10, 2013
July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines