July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
Edna E. Crider, 97, of Clinton, died Thursday, January 10, 2013, at her home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 14, 2013, at the Evangelical Free Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Tom Holt, Joel Collins, Jeff Collins, Tim Thompson, Don Thiessen and Jaim Lawson. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Edna E. Thompson was born on July 8, 1915, in Burtrum, Minnesota, the daughter of Martin and Gena (Erickson) Thompson. She married Harold Dietrich on December 21, 1935, in Burtrum, Minnesota; he died April 19, 1956. She later married Alfred Crider on September 3, 1968, in Nahsua, Iowa; he died January 25, 1997.
Edna was a zipper setter at the Clinton Garment Factory for 27 years.
Edna was a member of the Evangelical Free Church. She enjoyed sewing, playing cards, bowling, adoring her cats and spending time with her family.
Edna is survived by two daughters: Shirley Holt of Clinton and Janice (Jack) Collins of Clinton; 8 grandchildren: Jeff Collins of Topeka, Kansas, Jody (Don) Theissen of Long Grove, Iowa, Julie (Dave Young) Becker of Clinton, Joel Collins of Fulton, Debbie Gale of St. Cloud, Minnesota, Lori Lawson of Davenport, Brenda (Tim) Thompson of Blue Grass, Iowa, and Thomas Holt of Camanche; stepchildren: Richard Crider, Jim Burgess, Patsy Johanson, Allen (Mary) Crider and Diana (Carey) Anderson; numerous stepgrandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; and a brother-in-law, Robert (Jeanne) Crider of Clinton.
Edna was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; stepson, Gary Crider; son-in-law, Richard Holt; one brother, two sisters and several sisters- and brothers-in-law.
Memorials can be made to the Evangelical Free Church.
Death date: Jan. 10, 2013
July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- Promise Rose Honeywell Promise Rose HoneywellJuly 7, 1977 - July 13, 2014LA CROSSE, Wis. — Promise Rose Honeywell, DC, 37, of La Crosse, Wisconsin, died Sunday, July 13, 2014 at her sister’s home in Blaine, Minnesota.She was born on July 7, 1977, to Robert and Therese (Wal
- Ethan Adam Olsen-McAllister CORTLAND, Ill. — Ethan Adam Olsen-McAllister, newborn son of Kristi and Tracie Olsen-McAllister of Cortland, died Friday at Kishwaukee Hospital in DeKalb.All services will be private.Death date: July 18, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DeWittBrenda AikenBrenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Bernice Viola Sander CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday at home.Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the Clinton Church of Christ. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.Death date: July 17, 2014
- Bernice V. Sander ClintonBernice V. SanderBernice V. Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday at home.Services are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines