July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
Edna E. Crider, 97, of Clinton, died Thursday, January 10, 2013, at her home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 14, 2013, at the Evangelical Free Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Tom Holt, Joel Collins, Jeff Collins, Tim Thompson, Don Thiessen and Jaim Lawson. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Edna E. Thompson was born on July 8, 1915, in Burtrum, Minnesota, the daughter of Martin and Gena (Erickson) Thompson. She married Harold Dietrich on December 21, 1935, in Burtrum, Minnesota; he died April 19, 1956. She later married Alfred Crider on September 3, 1968, in Nahsua, Iowa; he died January 25, 1997.
Edna was a zipper setter at the Clinton Garment Factory for 27 years.
Edna was a member of the Evangelical Free Church. She enjoyed sewing, playing cards, bowling, adoring her cats and spending time with her family.
Edna is survived by two daughters: Shirley Holt of Clinton and Janice (Jack) Collins of Clinton; 8 grandchildren: Jeff Collins of Topeka, Kansas, Jody (Don) Theissen of Long Grove, Iowa, Julie (Dave Young) Becker of Clinton, Joel Collins of Fulton, Debbie Gale of St. Cloud, Minnesota, Lori Lawson of Davenport, Brenda (Tim) Thompson of Blue Grass, Iowa, and Thomas Holt of Camanche; stepchildren: Richard Crider, Jim Burgess, Patsy Johanson, Allen (Mary) Crider and Diana (Carey) Anderson; numerous stepgrandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; and a brother-in-law, Robert (Jeanne) Crider of Clinton.
Edna was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; stepson, Gary Crider; son-in-law, Richard Holt; one brother, two sisters and several sisters- and brothers-in-law.
Memorials can be made to the Evangelical Free Church.
Death date: Jan. 10, 2013
July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines