July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
Edna E. Crider, 97, of Clinton, died Thursday, January 10, 2013, at her home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 14, 2013, at the Evangelical Free Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Tom Holt, Joel Collins, Jeff Collins, Tim Thompson, Don Thiessen and Jaim Lawson. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Edna E. Thompson was born on July 8, 1915, in Burtrum, Minnesota, the daughter of Martin and Gena (Erickson) Thompson. She married Harold Dietrich on December 21, 1935, in Burtrum, Minnesota; he died April 19, 1956. She later married Alfred Crider on September 3, 1968, in Nahsua, Iowa; he died January 25, 1997.
Edna was a zipper setter at the Clinton Garment Factory for 27 years.
Edna was a member of the Evangelical Free Church. She enjoyed sewing, playing cards, bowling, adoring her cats and spending time with her family.
Edna is survived by two daughters: Shirley Holt of Clinton and Janice (Jack) Collins of Clinton; 8 grandchildren: Jeff Collins of Topeka, Kansas, Jody (Don) Theissen of Long Grove, Iowa, Julie (Dave Young) Becker of Clinton, Joel Collins of Fulton, Debbie Gale of St. Cloud, Minnesota, Lori Lawson of Davenport, Brenda (Tim) Thompson of Blue Grass, Iowa, and Thomas Holt of Camanche; stepchildren: Richard Crider, Jim Burgess, Patsy Johanson, Allen (Mary) Crider and Diana (Carey) Anderson; numerous stepgrandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; and a brother-in-law, Robert (Jeanne) Crider of Clinton.
Edna was preceded in death by her parents; both husbands; stepson, Gary Crider; son-in-law, Richard Holt; one brother, two sisters and several sisters- and brothers-in-law.
Memorials can be made to the Evangelical Free Church.
Death date: Jan. 10, 2013
July 8, 1915 - Jan. 10, 2013
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines