June 29, 1929 - Jan. 13, 2013
Mona “Jean” Roseland, 83, of Clinton, IA, died, Sunday, January 13, 2013, at her home.
The funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 17, 2013, at the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche. Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, January 16, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Pallbearers will be Wade Leslie, Kris Kalina, Adam Ehredt, David Nance, Pat Burke, Seth Connell and Bob and Ronny Lilly. Burial will be in the Elvira Cemetery.
Mona Jean Lilly was born June 29, 1929, in Sioux City, Iowa, the daughter of Joseph and Mary Angela (Dewey) Lilly. Jeanie married Earl Roseland on October 31, 1948, in Elvira, Iowa. She was a member of the Catholic Church of the Visitation, Camanche.
She had been employed at Nielsen Clearing House for 15 years, retiring in 1985.
Survivors include her husband, Earl, of Clinton; children: Michael Earl (Sara) Roseland of Belpre, OH; William Roseland of Clinton; James (Theresa) Roseland of Clinton; Mary Leslie Douglas Rittierodt (David Rittierodt) of Camanche; Margie (Don) Nance of Clinton; Bonnie (Leonard Quick) Kalina of Clinton; Kathy (Steve Smith) Roseland of Clinton; Julie (Don) Connell of Camanche and Angie (George) Burke of Janesville, WI; 37 grandchildren, 34 great-grandchildren; brother, Robert (Marlene) Lilly of Clinton; and sister, Helen Lilly of Newberry Park, CA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; brothers, Richard and Jerry Lilly; and sister, JoAnn Bicknell.
Memorials may be made to the Catholic Church of the Visitation or the Ben Roseland (Jeanie’s grandson) Reward Fund. The family extends a special thank you to Mercy Hospice.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Jan. 13, 2013
June 29, 1929 - Jan. 13, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines