March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
John E. Dau, age 80, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Eagle Point Nursing Home on Sunday, January 13, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, January 18, 2013, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery. Casket bearers will be his grandsons. Honorary casket bearers will be his granddaughters.
John was born in Clinton on March 1, 1932, the son of Claus and Teresa (Nissen) Dau. He graduated from Lyons High School in 1950.
He was a veteran of the Korean War serving with the U.S. Navy as a boatswain mate on board the USS Chipola.
John married Ruth Cady on January 31, 1958, at the Community Congregational Church in Clinton. Ruth passed away on February 26, 1995. John was a machinist with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad and with the Rock Island Lines, retiring in 1981. He was a member of NARVE and the Illowa Coin Club. He enjoyed fishing, camping, going to auctions and stock car racing.
John is survived by five children: Jeff (Jean) Dau of Wheatland, Darrell Dau of Clinton, Tim (Cheryl) Dau of Newburgh, IN, Brent (Stacy) Dau of Princeton, IN, and Cindy Dau of Newburgh; 14 grandchildren: Eric, Dustin, Darren, David, Jacob, Thomas, Carissa, Carin, Derek, Tia, Meghan, Danielle, Jonathan and Nicholas; several great-grandchildren; and a sister, Venita Hebdon of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three sisters, Marie, Erna and Alice “Tootie.” Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 13, 2013
March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks