March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
John E. Dau, age 80, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Eagle Point Nursing Home on Sunday, January 13, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, January 18, 2013, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery. Casket bearers will be his grandsons. Honorary casket bearers will be his granddaughters.
John was born in Clinton on March 1, 1932, the son of Claus and Teresa (Nissen) Dau. He graduated from Lyons High School in 1950.
He was a veteran of the Korean War serving with the U.S. Navy as a boatswain mate on board the USS Chipola.
John married Ruth Cady on January 31, 1958, at the Community Congregational Church in Clinton. Ruth passed away on February 26, 1995. John was a machinist with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad and with the Rock Island Lines, retiring in 1981. He was a member of NARVE and the Illowa Coin Club. He enjoyed fishing, camping, going to auctions and stock car racing.
John is survived by five children: Jeff (Jean) Dau of Wheatland, Darrell Dau of Clinton, Tim (Cheryl) Dau of Newburgh, IN, Brent (Stacy) Dau of Princeton, IN, and Cindy Dau of Newburgh; 14 grandchildren: Eric, Dustin, Darren, David, Jacob, Thomas, Carissa, Carin, Derek, Tia, Meghan, Danielle, Jonathan and Nicholas; several great-grandchildren; and a sister, Venita Hebdon of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three sisters, Marie, Erna and Alice “Tootie.” Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 13, 2013
March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines