March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
John E. Dau, age 80, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Eagle Point Nursing Home on Sunday, January 13, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, January 18, 2013, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery. Casket bearers will be his grandsons. Honorary casket bearers will be his granddaughters.
John was born in Clinton on March 1, 1932, the son of Claus and Teresa (Nissen) Dau. He graduated from Lyons High School in 1950.
He was a veteran of the Korean War serving with the U.S. Navy as a boatswain mate on board the USS Chipola.
John married Ruth Cady on January 31, 1958, at the Community Congregational Church in Clinton. Ruth passed away on February 26, 1995. John was a machinist with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad and with the Rock Island Lines, retiring in 1981. He was a member of NARVE and the Illowa Coin Club. He enjoyed fishing, camping, going to auctions and stock car racing.
John is survived by five children: Jeff (Jean) Dau of Wheatland, Darrell Dau of Clinton, Tim (Cheryl) Dau of Newburgh, IN, Brent (Stacy) Dau of Princeton, IN, and Cindy Dau of Newburgh; 14 grandchildren: Eric, Dustin, Darren, David, Jacob, Thomas, Carissa, Carin, Derek, Tia, Meghan, Danielle, Jonathan and Nicholas; several great-grandchildren; and a sister, Venita Hebdon of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three sisters, Marie, Erna and Alice “Tootie.” Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 13, 2013
March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines