March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
John E. Dau, age 80, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Eagle Point Nursing Home on Sunday, January 13, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, January 18, 2013, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery. Casket bearers will be his grandsons. Honorary casket bearers will be his granddaughters.
John was born in Clinton on March 1, 1932, the son of Claus and Teresa (Nissen) Dau. He graduated from Lyons High School in 1950.
He was a veteran of the Korean War serving with the U.S. Navy as a boatswain mate on board the USS Chipola.
John married Ruth Cady on January 31, 1958, at the Community Congregational Church in Clinton. Ruth passed away on February 26, 1995. John was a machinist with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad and with the Rock Island Lines, retiring in 1981. He was a member of NARVE and the Illowa Coin Club. He enjoyed fishing, camping, going to auctions and stock car racing.
John is survived by five children: Jeff (Jean) Dau of Wheatland, Darrell Dau of Clinton, Tim (Cheryl) Dau of Newburgh, IN, Brent (Stacy) Dau of Princeton, IN, and Cindy Dau of Newburgh; 14 grandchildren: Eric, Dustin, Darren, David, Jacob, Thomas, Carissa, Carin, Derek, Tia, Meghan, Danielle, Jonathan and Nicholas; several great-grandchildren; and a sister, Venita Hebdon of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents and three sisters, Marie, Erna and Alice “Tootie.” Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 13, 2013
March 1, 1932 - Jan. 13, 2013
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines