July 1, 1922 - Jan. 20, 2013
Walter K. Mains, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, January 20, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery with military honors being conducted by the Camanche VFW. Visitation will be Thursday from 3 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
Walter Kenneth Mains was born on July 1, 1922, in Waukon, Minnesota, the son of Soren and Caroline (Schnoor) Mains.
Walter served in the United States Army from 1941-1963 serving in World War II and the Korean Conflict. After being discharged from the Army, he worked at Collis in Clinton for 19 years retiring in 1985.
Walter married Hazel Reynolds-Tannahill on January 20, 1973, in Clinton; she died on August 16, 2010.
Walter was a member of Chancy Lutheran Church and was honored to travel on the Honor Flight in the spring of 2011.
Walter is survived by one son, John (Pam) Mains of Cedar City, Utah, a stepson, Curtis (Maylouise) Tannahill in Coal Valley, Illinois; and numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, a son, two daughters-in-law, two brothers and two sisters.
Memorials can be made to the Honor Flight of the Quad Cities.
Death date: Jan. 20, 2013
July 1, 1922 - Jan. 20, 2013
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines