June 29, 1951 - Jan. 28, 2013
Nancy M. Gluba, age 61, of Clinton, joined our Lord God Almighty in Heaven on Monday Jan. 28, 2013, at Mercy North Medical Center.
Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Thursday 10 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Burial will be at St. Irenaeus Cemetery, Clinton. Online condolences may be left at wwwpapefh.com.
Nancy was born on June 29, 1951, in Clinton, IA, the daughter of Gene and Darlene (Luckritz) Gluba. Nancy grew up in the Clinton County area and was employed with the Skyline Center Inc. since 1987. Nancy was always very proud of her hard work and accomplishments at SCI; and was a very dedicated employee. Nancy was an amazing woman with a feisty spirit. Nancy was loving, charismatic, comical, stubborn and opinionated. Nancy had a huge heart and her smile truly lit up the room. Everyone who knew Nancy appreciated her humor, her infectious laugh and her ability to make everyone love her. Nancy enjoyed bowling, singing at Karaoke, baking, having her nails painted, bossing people around, teasing and joking with her good friends, playing Wii with her roommate, decorating for the holidays, distracting her co-workers and most importantly doing her “bookwork.” Nancy loved listening to music, especially The Beatles, Elvis, The Judds and Patsy Cline. Nancy was also very proud to be a member of the Clinton County Special Athletes.
Nancy will be greatly missed by her father, Gene Gluba of Tucson, AZ; three sisters, Linda Brand, Lisa Long, Patti Gluba; two brothers, Steve and Michael Gluba; her three loving roommates, numerous friends and all the staff, supervisors and Special Olympics coaches that were blessed to be part of her tremendous life. Nancy will join her mother and sister in Heaven as well as many friends that were lost along the way. Nancy, you, will be forever cherished and celebrated by all the people who knew you. It was an honor to be part of your journey and we all know that you’re telling everyone up in heaven “I did once!” We love you Gluba.
Death date: Jan. 28, 2013
June 29, 1951 - Jan. 28, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines