June 29, 1951 - Jan. 28, 2013
Nancy M. Gluba, age 61, of Clinton, joined our Lord God Almighty in Heaven on Monday Jan. 28, 2013, at Mercy North Medical Center.
Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Thursday 10 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Burial will be at St. Irenaeus Cemetery, Clinton. Online condolences may be left at wwwpapefh.com.
Nancy was born on June 29, 1951, in Clinton, IA, the daughter of Gene and Darlene (Luckritz) Gluba. Nancy grew up in the Clinton County area and was employed with the Skyline Center Inc. since 1987. Nancy was always very proud of her hard work and accomplishments at SCI; and was a very dedicated employee. Nancy was an amazing woman with a feisty spirit. Nancy was loving, charismatic, comical, stubborn and opinionated. Nancy had a huge heart and her smile truly lit up the room. Everyone who knew Nancy appreciated her humor, her infectious laugh and her ability to make everyone love her. Nancy enjoyed bowling, singing at Karaoke, baking, having her nails painted, bossing people around, teasing and joking with her good friends, playing Wii with her roommate, decorating for the holidays, distracting her co-workers and most importantly doing her “bookwork.” Nancy loved listening to music, especially The Beatles, Elvis, The Judds and Patsy Cline. Nancy was also very proud to be a member of the Clinton County Special Athletes.
Nancy will be greatly missed by her father, Gene Gluba of Tucson, AZ; three sisters, Linda Brand, Lisa Long, Patti Gluba; two brothers, Steve and Michael Gluba; her three loving roommates, numerous friends and all the staff, supervisors and Special Olympics coaches that were blessed to be part of her tremendous life. Nancy will join her mother and sister in Heaven as well as many friends that were lost along the way. Nancy, you, will be forever cherished and celebrated by all the people who knew you. It was an honor to be part of your journey and we all know that you’re telling everyone up in heaven “I did once!” We love you Gluba.
Death date: Jan. 28, 2013
June 29, 1951 - Jan. 28, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines