June 29, 1951 - Jan. 28, 2013
Nancy M. Gluba, age 61, of Clinton, joined our Lord God Almighty in Heaven on Monday Jan. 28, 2013, at Mercy North Medical Center.
Funeral services will be held 11 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 31, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Thursday 10 a.m. until the service hour at the funeral home. Burial will be at St. Irenaeus Cemetery, Clinton. Online condolences may be left at wwwpapefh.com.
Nancy was born on June 29, 1951, in Clinton, IA, the daughter of Gene and Darlene (Luckritz) Gluba. Nancy grew up in the Clinton County area and was employed with the Skyline Center Inc. since 1987. Nancy was always very proud of her hard work and accomplishments at SCI; and was a very dedicated employee. Nancy was an amazing woman with a feisty spirit. Nancy was loving, charismatic, comical, stubborn and opinionated. Nancy had a huge heart and her smile truly lit up the room. Everyone who knew Nancy appreciated her humor, her infectious laugh and her ability to make everyone love her. Nancy enjoyed bowling, singing at Karaoke, baking, having her nails painted, bossing people around, teasing and joking with her good friends, playing Wii with her roommate, decorating for the holidays, distracting her co-workers and most importantly doing her “bookwork.” Nancy loved listening to music, especially The Beatles, Elvis, The Judds and Patsy Cline. Nancy was also very proud to be a member of the Clinton County Special Athletes.
Nancy will be greatly missed by her father, Gene Gluba of Tucson, AZ; three sisters, Linda Brand, Lisa Long, Patti Gluba; two brothers, Steve and Michael Gluba; her three loving roommates, numerous friends and all the staff, supervisors and Special Olympics coaches that were blessed to be part of her tremendous life. Nancy will join her mother and sister in Heaven as well as many friends that were lost along the way. Nancy, you, will be forever cherished and celebrated by all the people who knew you. It was an honor to be part of your journey and we all know that you’re telling everyone up in heaven “I did once!” We love you Gluba.
Death date: Jan. 28, 2013
June 29, 1951 - Jan. 28, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines