Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
Mary Walden, 80, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, South Campus, on January, 30, 2013.
Funeral services will take place at 2 p.m. on Saturday, February 2, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, February 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mary was born November 10, 1932, in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Samuel and Edith (Eversoll) Themas. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School. Mary was united in marriage to Henry Walden on November 19, 1977, in Iowa City.
Mary was a homemaker. She loved to play pool and over the many years of playing acquired numerous trophies for her pool playing skill; she was a member of many local pool teams and even played in tournaments in Las Vegas with her teammates. You could also find Mary playing a friendly game of cards with her friends. Mary enjoyed knitting, crocheting and crafts in general. Mary loved animals and was very social enjoying chats with her family and many friends; she will be greatly missed by all.
Mary is survived by her husband, Henry, of Clinton, IA; two daughters, Susan Gallagher of Des Moines, IA, Mary Covert of Chicago, IL; two sons, Gary Ladd Jr. of Ina, IL, Larry Ladd of Clinton, IA; 3 stepdaughters, Sylvia Schneider of Austin, TX, Debbie Walden of TX, Carolyn Walden of Kansas City, MO; 4 grandchildren, Chantele Crowley, Amy Ricard, Christy Shannon, Bobby Covert III; 3 stepgrandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; 3 stepgreat-grandchildren; two brothers, Gary Purcell and Jim Themas; many nieces and nephews and lots of friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one brother.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines