Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
Mary Walden, 80, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, South Campus, on January, 30, 2013.
Funeral services will take place at 2 p.m. on Saturday, February 2, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, February 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mary was born November 10, 1932, in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Samuel and Edith (Eversoll) Themas. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School. Mary was united in marriage to Henry Walden on November 19, 1977, in Iowa City.
Mary was a homemaker. She loved to play pool and over the many years of playing acquired numerous trophies for her pool playing skill; she was a member of many local pool teams and even played in tournaments in Las Vegas with her teammates. You could also find Mary playing a friendly game of cards with her friends. Mary enjoyed knitting, crocheting and crafts in general. Mary loved animals and was very social enjoying chats with her family and many friends; she will be greatly missed by all.
Mary is survived by her husband, Henry, of Clinton, IA; two daughters, Susan Gallagher of Des Moines, IA, Mary Covert of Chicago, IL; two sons, Gary Ladd Jr. of Ina, IL, Larry Ladd of Clinton, IA; 3 stepdaughters, Sylvia Schneider of Austin, TX, Debbie Walden of TX, Carolyn Walden of Kansas City, MO; 4 grandchildren, Chantele Crowley, Amy Ricard, Christy Shannon, Bobby Covert III; 3 stepgrandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; 3 stepgreat-grandchildren; two brothers, Gary Purcell and Jim Themas; many nieces and nephews and lots of friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one brother.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines