Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
Mary Walden, 80, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, South Campus, on January, 30, 2013.
Funeral services will take place at 2 p.m. on Saturday, February 2, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, February 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mary was born November 10, 1932, in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Samuel and Edith (Eversoll) Themas. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School. Mary was united in marriage to Henry Walden on November 19, 1977, in Iowa City.
Mary was a homemaker. She loved to play pool and over the many years of playing acquired numerous trophies for her pool playing skill; she was a member of many local pool teams and even played in tournaments in Las Vegas with her teammates. You could also find Mary playing a friendly game of cards with her friends. Mary enjoyed knitting, crocheting and crafts in general. Mary loved animals and was very social enjoying chats with her family and many friends; she will be greatly missed by all.
Mary is survived by her husband, Henry, of Clinton, IA; two daughters, Susan Gallagher of Des Moines, IA, Mary Covert of Chicago, IL; two sons, Gary Ladd Jr. of Ina, IL, Larry Ladd of Clinton, IA; 3 stepdaughters, Sylvia Schneider of Austin, TX, Debbie Walden of TX, Carolyn Walden of Kansas City, MO; 4 grandchildren, Chantele Crowley, Amy Ricard, Christy Shannon, Bobby Covert III; 3 stepgrandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; 3 stepgreat-grandchildren; two brothers, Gary Purcell and Jim Themas; many nieces and nephews and lots of friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one brother.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines