Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
Mary Walden, 80, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, South Campus, on January, 30, 2013.
Funeral services will take place at 2 p.m. on Saturday, February 2, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, February 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mary was born November 10, 1932, in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Samuel and Edith (Eversoll) Themas. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School. Mary was united in marriage to Henry Walden on November 19, 1977, in Iowa City.
Mary was a homemaker. She loved to play pool and over the many years of playing acquired numerous trophies for her pool playing skill; she was a member of many local pool teams and even played in tournaments in Las Vegas with her teammates. You could also find Mary playing a friendly game of cards with her friends. Mary enjoyed knitting, crocheting and crafts in general. Mary loved animals and was very social enjoying chats with her family and many friends; she will be greatly missed by all.
Mary is survived by her husband, Henry, of Clinton, IA; two daughters, Susan Gallagher of Des Moines, IA, Mary Covert of Chicago, IL; two sons, Gary Ladd Jr. of Ina, IL, Larry Ladd of Clinton, IA; 3 stepdaughters, Sylvia Schneider of Austin, TX, Debbie Walden of TX, Carolyn Walden of Kansas City, MO; 4 grandchildren, Chantele Crowley, Amy Ricard, Christy Shannon, Bobby Covert III; 3 stepgrandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; 3 stepgreat-grandchildren; two brothers, Gary Purcell and Jim Themas; many nieces and nephews and lots of friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one brother.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines