Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
Mary Walden, 80, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Mercy Medical Center, South Campus, on January, 30, 2013.
Funeral services will take place at 2 p.m. on Saturday, February 2, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, February 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mary was born November 10, 1932, in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Samuel and Edith (Eversoll) Themas. She was a 1950 graduate of Clinton High School. Mary was united in marriage to Henry Walden on November 19, 1977, in Iowa City.
Mary was a homemaker. She loved to play pool and over the many years of playing acquired numerous trophies for her pool playing skill; she was a member of many local pool teams and even played in tournaments in Las Vegas with her teammates. You could also find Mary playing a friendly game of cards with her friends. Mary enjoyed knitting, crocheting and crafts in general. Mary loved animals and was very social enjoying chats with her family and many friends; she will be greatly missed by all.
Mary is survived by her husband, Henry, of Clinton, IA; two daughters, Susan Gallagher of Des Moines, IA, Mary Covert of Chicago, IL; two sons, Gary Ladd Jr. of Ina, IL, Larry Ladd of Clinton, IA; 3 stepdaughters, Sylvia Schneider of Austin, TX, Debbie Walden of TX, Carolyn Walden of Kansas City, MO; 4 grandchildren, Chantele Crowley, Amy Ricard, Christy Shannon, Bobby Covert III; 3 stepgrandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; 3 stepgreat-grandchildren; two brothers, Gary Purcell and Jim Themas; many nieces and nephews and lots of friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents and one brother.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
Nov. 10, 1932 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines