MORRISON, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1942 - Jan. 30, 2013
Richard L. Smith, 70, of Morrison, IL, passed away Wednesday, January 30, 2013, at Pleasant View Nursing Home, in Morrison.
Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Monday, February 4, 2013, at Emmanuel Reformed Church, in Morrison. Visitation will be 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, February 3, 2013, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be at Fulton Township Cemetery. Memorials may be directed to Hospice of the Rock River Valley and Emmanuel Reformed Church. Online condolences may be sent to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Rich was born October 21, 1942, to Lyle and Marianna (Dykstra) Smith in Morrison. He graduated from Fulton High School in 1961. In 1962, he graduated from Al Summers umpiring school and went on to umpire in the Midwest League. Rich was united in marriage to Judy Koenes on October 19, 1962, at Spring Valley Reformed Church, in Fulton, IL. He was employed with Sethness Products in Clinton, IA, for 32 years, retiring in 2000. Rich was a former member of Spring Valley Reformed Church where he served as an elder, deacon and Sunday school teacher for 35 years. Rich is a current member of Emmanuel Reformed Church. He enjoyed fishing and going to their cabin in Wisconsin. Rich was an avid Cubs, Bears and fighting Illini fan. He loved his family and his grandchildren.
Rich will be missed by his wife of 50 years, Judy; two sons, Jim (Pam) Smith of Morrison, Dan (Nancy) Smith of Fulton; a daughter, Amy (Jody) Anderson of Conrad, IA; seven grandchildren: Brittany, Cody, Mitch, Brooke and Blake Smith, Lauren and Sydney Anderson; his mother, Marianna Smith of Fulton; and two brothers, Vernon and Kenneth Smith.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Death date: Jan. 30, 2013
MORRISON, Ill. —
Oct. 21, 1942 - Jan. 30, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines