June 8, 1928 - Jan. 31, 2013
L. Dorothy “Corky” Smith, 84, of Newton, died on Thursday, January 31, 2013, at Park Centre Health Center in Newton.
A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, February 6, at First Lutheran Church in Newton. The family will greet friends from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, February 5, at the Wallace Family Funeral Home. Memorials to the Fragile X Foundation or the First Lutheran Church may be left at the church the morning of the service or the funeral home.
Dorothy, the daughter of Richard and Lillian (Richmond) Jackson, was born on June 8, 1928, in Clinton, Iowa. She grew up in Clinton until moving to Delmar, Iowa, where she graduated from high school. Dorothy was united in marriage with H. Jack Smith on June 28, 1947, in Clinton. They made their home in Clinton before moving to Newton in 1964. Dorothy worked as a dental assistant in Clinton for several years and then was a bank teller at Jasper County Savings Bank in Newton. She was a member of the Newcomers Club and the First Lutheran Church where she was involved with many circles. Dorothy was also a Hospice volunteer. She enjoyed traveling and coin collecting.
Those left to honor Dorothy’s memory are her two sons, D. Mark (Pam) Smith of Graham, North Carolina, and Cory C. Smith of Rocklin, California; daughter, Sandra L. (Raymond) Brooks of Pekin, Illinois; her 8 grandchildren; 3 great-grandchildren; and sister, Darlene Castle of Glendale Heights, Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, H. Jack Smith in 2002; son, Todd R. Smith in 1995; and a sister, Shirley Heinrichs.
Death date: Jan. 31, 2013
June 8, 1928 - Jan. 31, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines