June 8, 1928 - Jan. 31, 2013
L. Dorothy “Corky” Smith, 84, of Newton, died on Thursday, January 31, 2013, at Park Centre Health Center in Newton.
A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, February 6, at First Lutheran Church in Newton. The family will greet friends from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, February 5, at the Wallace Family Funeral Home. Memorials to the Fragile X Foundation or the First Lutheran Church may be left at the church the morning of the service or the funeral home.
Dorothy, the daughter of Richard and Lillian (Richmond) Jackson, was born on June 8, 1928, in Clinton, Iowa. She grew up in Clinton until moving to Delmar, Iowa, where she graduated from high school. Dorothy was united in marriage with H. Jack Smith on June 28, 1947, in Clinton. They made their home in Clinton before moving to Newton in 1964. Dorothy worked as a dental assistant in Clinton for several years and then was a bank teller at Jasper County Savings Bank in Newton. She was a member of the Newcomers Club and the First Lutheran Church where she was involved with many circles. Dorothy was also a Hospice volunteer. She enjoyed traveling and coin collecting.
Those left to honor Dorothy’s memory are her two sons, D. Mark (Pam) Smith of Graham, North Carolina, and Cory C. Smith of Rocklin, California; daughter, Sandra L. (Raymond) Brooks of Pekin, Illinois; her 8 grandchildren; 3 great-grandchildren; and sister, Darlene Castle of Glendale Heights, Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, H. Jack Smith in 2002; son, Todd R. Smith in 1995; and a sister, Shirley Heinrichs.
Death date: Jan. 31, 2013
June 8, 1928 - Jan. 31, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines