June 8, 1928 - Jan. 31, 2013
L. Dorothy “Corky” Smith, 84, of Newton, died on Thursday, January 31, 2013, at Park Centre Health Center in Newton.
A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday, February 6, at First Lutheran Church in Newton. The family will greet friends from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, February 5, at the Wallace Family Funeral Home. Memorials to the Fragile X Foundation or the First Lutheran Church may be left at the church the morning of the service or the funeral home.
Dorothy, the daughter of Richard and Lillian (Richmond) Jackson, was born on June 8, 1928, in Clinton, Iowa. She grew up in Clinton until moving to Delmar, Iowa, where she graduated from high school. Dorothy was united in marriage with H. Jack Smith on June 28, 1947, in Clinton. They made their home in Clinton before moving to Newton in 1964. Dorothy worked as a dental assistant in Clinton for several years and then was a bank teller at Jasper County Savings Bank in Newton. She was a member of the Newcomers Club and the First Lutheran Church where she was involved with many circles. Dorothy was also a Hospice volunteer. She enjoyed traveling and coin collecting.
Those left to honor Dorothy’s memory are her two sons, D. Mark (Pam) Smith of Graham, North Carolina, and Cory C. Smith of Rocklin, California; daughter, Sandra L. (Raymond) Brooks of Pekin, Illinois; her 8 grandchildren; 3 great-grandchildren; and sister, Darlene Castle of Glendale Heights, Illinois.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, H. Jack Smith in 2002; son, Todd R. Smith in 1995; and a sister, Shirley Heinrichs.
Death date: Jan. 31, 2013
June 8, 1928 - Jan. 31, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines