June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
Louis J. Jewell, 95, of Clinton, Iowa passed away, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at his home in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Visitation will be held from 4-7 p.m., Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be, Jimmy Hayes, Doug Harris, Jeff Shadle and Deandre White.
Louis was born June 10, 1917 in Albany, Illinois the son of Joseph and Florence (Harrington) Jewell. He married Arlene Nims on July 28, 1973 in Rock Island, Illinois; she passed away July 15, 2008.
Louis retired from the United States Army in 1964; he was a WWII Veteran.
He was also employed as a security guard with Wells Fargo at Chemplex from 1973 until 1982, when he retired. He was a member of the VFW, AMVETS and a member of the former Riverside Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include his daughter, Samantha Jewell (Burridge) of Clinton; many grandchildren including, Joseph and Abigal Burridge and Tabatha Harris, several great-grandchildren, sister, Edith (Gene) Ottens of Clinton and brother, Howard Jewell of Clinton.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 2, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
- Robert H. Dalrymple CLINTON — Robert H. Dalrymple, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South.Graveside services will be at noon Tuesday at Springdale Cemetery. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to the service time at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funera
- Lorraine Maxine Murphy Lorraine Maxine MurphyFeb. 4, 1913 - July 6, 2014LAKE TOMAHAWK, Wis. — Lorraine Maxine Murphy, 101, of Lake Tomahawk, Wisconsin, passed away on Sunday, July 6, at home with family by her side.Nimsgern Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements. Visita
- Lois Marie Frank MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Lois Marie Frank, 79, died Monday in Normal, Illinois. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll, with her son Lindsay Frank officiating. Burial will be at Oak Hill Cemetery in Mo
- Robert H. Dalrymple ClintonRobert H. DalrympleRobert H. Dalrymple, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Mike Leif Mike LeifJan. 23, 1947 - July 8, 2014FULTON, Ill. - Mike Leif, 67, of Fulton, died Tuesday July 8, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital, Iowa City.He was born January 23, 1947, in Savanna, the son of Lavern and Vala (Sack) Leif.He married Veneta A
- Sandra Ann Arkenberg Sandra Ann ArkenbergMay 22, 1943 - July 8, 2014CLINTON — Sandra Ann Arkenberg, 71, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at the Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf, Iowa on Tuesday, July 8, 2014. A funeral Mass will take place at 9:00 a.m.
- Lucille Irene Bealer-Stang Lucille Irene Bealer-StangOct. 26, 1921 - July 8, 2014CLINTON — Lucille Irene Bealer-Stang, 92, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at home on Tuesday, July 8, 2014.A funeral service will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, July 11, at Lemke Funeral
- Harry 'Junior' Crippen Harry ‘Junior’ CrippenOct. 21, 1929 - July 7, 2014CLINTON — Harry “Junior” Crippen, 84, of Clinton, died Monday, July 7, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Visitation will be from 4-7 p.m. Friday, July 11th at the Pape Funeral Hom
- Lucille I. Stang ClintonLucille I. StangLucille I. Stang, 92 of Clinton, died Tuesday at home.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Helen A. Harksen Helen A. HarksenMarch 6, 1941 - July 3, 2014CLINTON — Helen A. Harksen, age 73, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, July 3, 2014 at her home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will take place from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. F
- More Obituaries Headlines