June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
Louis J. Jewell, 95, of Clinton, Iowa passed away, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at his home in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Visitation will be held from 4-7 p.m., Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be, Jimmy Hayes, Doug Harris, Jeff Shadle and Deandre White.
Louis was born June 10, 1917 in Albany, Illinois the son of Joseph and Florence (Harrington) Jewell. He married Arlene Nims on July 28, 1973 in Rock Island, Illinois; she passed away July 15, 2008.
Louis retired from the United States Army in 1964; he was a WWII Veteran.
He was also employed as a security guard with Wells Fargo at Chemplex from 1973 until 1982, when he retired. He was a member of the VFW, AMVETS and a member of the former Riverside Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include his daughter, Samantha Jewell (Burridge) of Clinton; many grandchildren including, Joseph and Abigal Burridge and Tabatha Harris, several great-grandchildren, sister, Edith (Gene) Ottens of Clinton and brother, Howard Jewell of Clinton.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 2, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines