June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
Louis J. Jewell, 95, of Clinton, Iowa passed away, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at his home in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Visitation will be held from 4-7 p.m., Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be, Jimmy Hayes, Doug Harris, Jeff Shadle and Deandre White.
Louis was born June 10, 1917 in Albany, Illinois the son of Joseph and Florence (Harrington) Jewell. He married Arlene Nims on July 28, 1973 in Rock Island, Illinois; she passed away July 15, 2008.
Louis retired from the United States Army in 1964; he was a WWII Veteran.
He was also employed as a security guard with Wells Fargo at Chemplex from 1973 until 1982, when he retired. He was a member of the VFW, AMVETS and a member of the former Riverside Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include his daughter, Samantha Jewell (Burridge) of Clinton; many grandchildren including, Joseph and Abigal Burridge and Tabatha Harris, several great-grandchildren, sister, Edith (Gene) Ottens of Clinton and brother, Howard Jewell of Clinton.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 2, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines