June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
Louis J. Jewell, 95, of Clinton, Iowa passed away, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at his home in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Visitation will be held from 4-7 p.m., Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at the funeral home. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be, Jimmy Hayes, Doug Harris, Jeff Shadle and Deandre White.
Louis was born June 10, 1917 in Albany, Illinois the son of Joseph and Florence (Harrington) Jewell. He married Arlene Nims on July 28, 1973 in Rock Island, Illinois; she passed away July 15, 2008.
Louis retired from the United States Army in 1964; he was a WWII Veteran.
He was also employed as a security guard with Wells Fargo at Chemplex from 1973 until 1982, when he retired. He was a member of the VFW, AMVETS and a member of the former Riverside Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include his daughter, Samantha Jewell (Burridge) of Clinton; many grandchildren including, Joseph and Abigal Burridge and Tabatha Harris, several great-grandchildren, sister, Edith (Gene) Ottens of Clinton and brother, Howard Jewell of Clinton.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 2, 2013
June 10, 1917 - Feb. 2, 2013
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines