IOWA CITY —
April 23, 1924 - Feb. 8, 2013
Ernest K. Raab, 88, of Iowa City, Iowa, formerly of Clinton, died Friday, February 8, 2013, at Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at Zion Lutheran Church with Pastor Joshua Martyn officiating. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery with military honors being conducted by Clinton AMVETS Post 28. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, February 12, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Ernest Karl Raab was born on April 23, 1924, in Maquoketa, Iowa, the son of Ernest A. and Adele (Stenzel) Raab. He was a graduate of Maquoketa High School.
He was a decorated veteran of World War II, serving with the United States Army in Europe with the 1st Division and landing on Omaha Beach on D-Day. He married Dorothy Saville on October 21, 1950.
Ernest was employed with Fulton Press in Fulton, Ill., for 26 years retiring in 1989. Previously he was employed at Allen Printing and the Sabula Gazette.
He was a member of Zion Lutheran Church in Clinton. He and Dorothy moved to Iowa City in 2005. Ernest was an avid painter working with both oils and water colors. He was a long-suffering Cubs fan and enjoyed fishing, reading, spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren.
He is survived by his wife, Dorothy, of Iowa City, two sons, John (Peg) Raab of Iowa City, Michael Raab (fiancee, Sheri Anderson) of Boone, Iowa; one daughter, Jane (David) Downing of Lake Orion, Michigan; four grandchildren: Adam (Jolene) Raab of Iowa City, Julie (Bryan) Artman of Houston, Texas, Rebecca Raab of Chicago and Kevin Raab of Denton, Texas; and one great-granddaughter, Gwendolyn of Iowa City.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Wilma.
Memorials can be made to Zion Lutheran Church of Clinton and Gloria Dei Lutheran Church of Iowa City.
Ernie will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
Death date: Feb. 8, 2013
IOWA CITY —
April 23, 1924 - Feb. 8, 2013
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks