IOWA CITY —
April 23, 1924 - Feb. 8, 2013
Ernest K. Raab, 88, of Iowa City, Iowa, formerly of Clinton, died Friday, February 8, 2013, at Mercy Hospital, Iowa City, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Wednesday, February 13, 2013, at Zion Lutheran Church with Pastor Joshua Martyn officiating. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery with military honors being conducted by Clinton AMVETS Post 28. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, February 12, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Ernest Karl Raab was born on April 23, 1924, in Maquoketa, Iowa, the son of Ernest A. and Adele (Stenzel) Raab. He was a graduate of Maquoketa High School.
He was a decorated veteran of World War II, serving with the United States Army in Europe with the 1st Division and landing on Omaha Beach on D-Day. He married Dorothy Saville on October 21, 1950.
Ernest was employed with Fulton Press in Fulton, Ill., for 26 years retiring in 1989. Previously he was employed at Allen Printing and the Sabula Gazette.
He was a member of Zion Lutheran Church in Clinton. He and Dorothy moved to Iowa City in 2005. Ernest was an avid painter working with both oils and water colors. He was a long-suffering Cubs fan and enjoyed fishing, reading, spending time with his family, especially his grandchildren.
He is survived by his wife, Dorothy, of Iowa City, two sons, John (Peg) Raab of Iowa City, Michael Raab (fiancee, Sheri Anderson) of Boone, Iowa; one daughter, Jane (David) Downing of Lake Orion, Michigan; four grandchildren: Adam (Jolene) Raab of Iowa City, Julie (Bryan) Artman of Houston, Texas, Rebecca Raab of Chicago and Kevin Raab of Denton, Texas; and one great-granddaughter, Gwendolyn of Iowa City.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one sister, Wilma.
Memorials can be made to Zion Lutheran Church of Clinton and Gloria Dei Lutheran Church of Iowa City.
Ernie will be greatly missed by his family and friends.
Death date: Feb. 8, 2013
IOWA CITY —
April 23, 1924 - Feb. 8, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines