Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
Florence MacKenzie, 97, of Clinton, died Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 1:30 p.m. Monday, November 19, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Florence Stichter was born on August 11, 1915, in Princeton, Iowa, the daughter of Fred and Louisa (Lausen) Stichter. She married William “Van” MacKenzie on May 12, 1941, in Kahoka, Missouri; he died December 13, 2005.
Florence was a 1932 graduate of Clinton High School and was proud of the fact that she graduated at the age of 16.
Florence worked at the Allen’s Tea Room and also assisted her husband in their rental apartment business in Clinton. In earlier years she was active in PTA and Girl Scouts. She was a member of the Telephone Pioneers and Plus 60 Club. Florence had an eye for fashion and was very stylish. She loved her flowers and bird watching from her dining room window. She and her husband enjoyed traveling in their motor home and camping with their grandchildren. Everyone enjoyed her wonderful cooking, especially her pies.
Florence is survived by two daughters, Jan MacKenzie and Julie (Dan) Mulholland, both of Clinton; six grandchildren: Dr. Renee (Larry Kelly) Lass of Bettendorf, Cathy Lass of Davenport, Jason Mulholland, Tara (Andy) Furgason, Angie (Ryan) Sullivan, Adria (Ben Tyler) Mulholland, all of Clinton; five great-grandchildren: Justin Porth, Tyler Mulholland, Macy Mulholland, Daniel Tyler and Ethan Furgason; and several nieces and nephews including Nancy Olson and Dr. Fred (Kay) Luthans.
Florence was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two brothers, three sisters and an infant son.
Memorials can be made to Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Nov. 16, 2012
Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines