Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
Florence MacKenzie, 97, of Clinton, died Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 1:30 p.m. Monday, November 19, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Florence Stichter was born on August 11, 1915, in Princeton, Iowa, the daughter of Fred and Louisa (Lausen) Stichter. She married William “Van” MacKenzie on May 12, 1941, in Kahoka, Missouri; he died December 13, 2005.
Florence was a 1932 graduate of Clinton High School and was proud of the fact that she graduated at the age of 16.
Florence worked at the Allen’s Tea Room and also assisted her husband in their rental apartment business in Clinton. In earlier years she was active in PTA and Girl Scouts. She was a member of the Telephone Pioneers and Plus 60 Club. Florence had an eye for fashion and was very stylish. She loved her flowers and bird watching from her dining room window. She and her husband enjoyed traveling in their motor home and camping with their grandchildren. Everyone enjoyed her wonderful cooking, especially her pies.
Florence is survived by two daughters, Jan MacKenzie and Julie (Dan) Mulholland, both of Clinton; six grandchildren: Dr. Renee (Larry Kelly) Lass of Bettendorf, Cathy Lass of Davenport, Jason Mulholland, Tara (Andy) Furgason, Angie (Ryan) Sullivan, Adria (Ben Tyler) Mulholland, all of Clinton; five great-grandchildren: Justin Porth, Tyler Mulholland, Macy Mulholland, Daniel Tyler and Ethan Furgason; and several nieces and nephews including Nancy Olson and Dr. Fred (Kay) Luthans.
Florence was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two brothers, three sisters and an infant son.
Memorials can be made to Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Nov. 16, 2012
Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines