Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
Florence MacKenzie, 97, of Clinton, died Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 1:30 p.m. Monday, November 19, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Florence Stichter was born on August 11, 1915, in Princeton, Iowa, the daughter of Fred and Louisa (Lausen) Stichter. She married William “Van” MacKenzie on May 12, 1941, in Kahoka, Missouri; he died December 13, 2005.
Florence was a 1932 graduate of Clinton High School and was proud of the fact that she graduated at the age of 16.
Florence worked at the Allen’s Tea Room and also assisted her husband in their rental apartment business in Clinton. In earlier years she was active in PTA and Girl Scouts. She was a member of the Telephone Pioneers and Plus 60 Club. Florence had an eye for fashion and was very stylish. She loved her flowers and bird watching from her dining room window. She and her husband enjoyed traveling in their motor home and camping with their grandchildren. Everyone enjoyed her wonderful cooking, especially her pies.
Florence is survived by two daughters, Jan MacKenzie and Julie (Dan) Mulholland, both of Clinton; six grandchildren: Dr. Renee (Larry Kelly) Lass of Bettendorf, Cathy Lass of Davenport, Jason Mulholland, Tara (Andy) Furgason, Angie (Ryan) Sullivan, Adria (Ben Tyler) Mulholland, all of Clinton; five great-grandchildren: Justin Porth, Tyler Mulholland, Macy Mulholland, Daniel Tyler and Ethan Furgason; and several nieces and nephews including Nancy Olson and Dr. Fred (Kay) Luthans.
Florence was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two brothers, three sisters and an infant son.
Memorials can be made to Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Nov. 16, 2012
Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks