Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
Florence MacKenzie, 97, of Clinton, died Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Alverno.
Funeral services will be 1:30 p.m. Monday, November 19, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 4 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Florence Stichter was born on August 11, 1915, in Princeton, Iowa, the daughter of Fred and Louisa (Lausen) Stichter. She married William “Van” MacKenzie on May 12, 1941, in Kahoka, Missouri; he died December 13, 2005.
Florence was a 1932 graduate of Clinton High School and was proud of the fact that she graduated at the age of 16.
Florence worked at the Allen’s Tea Room and also assisted her husband in their rental apartment business in Clinton. In earlier years she was active in PTA and Girl Scouts. She was a member of the Telephone Pioneers and Plus 60 Club. Florence had an eye for fashion and was very stylish. She loved her flowers and bird watching from her dining room window. She and her husband enjoyed traveling in their motor home and camping with their grandchildren. Everyone enjoyed her wonderful cooking, especially her pies.
Florence is survived by two daughters, Jan MacKenzie and Julie (Dan) Mulholland, both of Clinton; six grandchildren: Dr. Renee (Larry Kelly) Lass of Bettendorf, Cathy Lass of Davenport, Jason Mulholland, Tara (Andy) Furgason, Angie (Ryan) Sullivan, Adria (Ben Tyler) Mulholland, all of Clinton; five great-grandchildren: Justin Porth, Tyler Mulholland, Macy Mulholland, Daniel Tyler and Ethan Furgason; and several nieces and nephews including Nancy Olson and Dr. Fred (Kay) Luthans.
Florence was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two brothers, three sisters and an infant son.
Memorials can be made to Genesis Hospice or the Alverno.
Death date: Nov. 16, 2012
Aug. 11, 1915 - Nov. 16, 2012
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines