May 5, 1936 - Nov. 17, 2012
Louise A. Christenson, 76, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away on Saturday, November 17, 2012, at her residence.
Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, at Lemke Funeral Homes, North Chapel, 2304 N. Second St. Visitation will take place two hours prior to the funeral service from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday, November 21, at Lemke Funeral Homes, North Chapel. Burial will take place in Springdale Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Louise was born May 5, 1936, in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the daughter of Joe and Mable (Noble) Holecek. She attended Frank L. Smart schools in Davenport, Iowa.
She married Walter Christenson Sr. in 1952; they later divorced.
Louise later moved to Clinton, Iowa, and was employed with the Clinton Post Office for 24 years.
She was survived by one daughter, Pamela (Dick) Owens of Davenport, IA; four sons, Larry Christenson of GA, Kenneth (Sue) Christenson of Davenport, IA, Walter Jr. (Kim) Christenson of Bettendorf, IA, Lee (Deanna) Christenson of Blue Grass, IA; one brother, Joseph of Bettendorf, IA; 11 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren with one on the way.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one brother, one sister and very close and dear friend, Alice Scheiss of Clinton, Iowa.
Memorials can be left to the estate of Louise Christenson.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 17, 2012
May 5, 1936 - Nov. 17, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines