GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
Joseph L. Bradshaw, 85, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died late Monday at Westwing Place, DeWitt.
Joseph was born June 18, 1927, in Bernard, Iowa, to Joseph and Rose (Ward) Bradshaw. He was a 1946 graduate of DeWitt High School. He served in the Army from 1946 until 1948. Joseph was united in marriage to Jean Dierickx on February 2, 1948, at Saint Ann’s Catholic Church, Long Grove. The couple farmed in Dubuque County until 1958 and in Clinton County until 2009.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He served as Legion chaplain for Grand Mound American Legion Post 622 for more than 20 years, a position which he greatly treasured. He was president of Toastmaster’s International, DeWitt, for many years.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Jean; children, Pat (Robert) Nolan, Davenport, Yvonne Bradshaw and Dale Baker, Clinton, Jody (Mike) Kreger, Arlington, Texas, Ted (Lillian) Bradshaw, Eldridge, Kathy Tague, DeWitt, Teresa Bradshaw, Arlington, Texas, and Tom (Ruth) Bradshaw, Wichita, Kansas; 11 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by nine brothers and sisters.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Friday, November 23, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 24, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father Paul Connolly will officiate. Military rights and burial will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound.
Memorials are suggested to Iowa Right to Life.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines