GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
Joseph L. Bradshaw, 85, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died late Monday at Westwing Place, DeWitt.
Joseph was born June 18, 1927, in Bernard, Iowa, to Joseph and Rose (Ward) Bradshaw. He was a 1946 graduate of DeWitt High School. He served in the Army from 1946 until 1948. Joseph was united in marriage to Jean Dierickx on February 2, 1948, at Saint Ann’s Catholic Church, Long Grove. The couple farmed in Dubuque County until 1958 and in Clinton County until 2009.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He served as Legion chaplain for Grand Mound American Legion Post 622 for more than 20 years, a position which he greatly treasured. He was president of Toastmaster’s International, DeWitt, for many years.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Jean; children, Pat (Robert) Nolan, Davenport, Yvonne Bradshaw and Dale Baker, Clinton, Jody (Mike) Kreger, Arlington, Texas, Ted (Lillian) Bradshaw, Eldridge, Kathy Tague, DeWitt, Teresa Bradshaw, Arlington, Texas, and Tom (Ruth) Bradshaw, Wichita, Kansas; 11 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by nine brothers and sisters.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Friday, November 23, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 24, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father Paul Connolly will officiate. Military rights and burial will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound.
Memorials are suggested to Iowa Right to Life.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines