GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
Joseph L. Bradshaw, 85, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died late Monday at Westwing Place, DeWitt.
Joseph was born June 18, 1927, in Bernard, Iowa, to Joseph and Rose (Ward) Bradshaw. He was a 1946 graduate of DeWitt High School. He served in the Army from 1946 until 1948. Joseph was united in marriage to Jean Dierickx on February 2, 1948, at Saint Ann’s Catholic Church, Long Grove. The couple farmed in Dubuque County until 1958 and in Clinton County until 2009.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He served as Legion chaplain for Grand Mound American Legion Post 622 for more than 20 years, a position which he greatly treasured. He was president of Toastmaster’s International, DeWitt, for many years.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Jean; children, Pat (Robert) Nolan, Davenport, Yvonne Bradshaw and Dale Baker, Clinton, Jody (Mike) Kreger, Arlington, Texas, Ted (Lillian) Bradshaw, Eldridge, Kathy Tague, DeWitt, Teresa Bradshaw, Arlington, Texas, and Tom (Ruth) Bradshaw, Wichita, Kansas; 11 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by nine brothers and sisters.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Friday, November 23, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 24, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father Paul Connolly will officiate. Military rights and burial will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound.
Memorials are suggested to Iowa Right to Life.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines