GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
Joseph L. Bradshaw, 85, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died late Monday at Westwing Place, DeWitt.
Joseph was born June 18, 1927, in Bernard, Iowa, to Joseph and Rose (Ward) Bradshaw. He was a 1946 graduate of DeWitt High School. He served in the Army from 1946 until 1948. Joseph was united in marriage to Jean Dierickx on February 2, 1948, at Saint Ann’s Catholic Church, Long Grove. The couple farmed in Dubuque County until 1958 and in Clinton County until 2009.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He served as Legion chaplain for Grand Mound American Legion Post 622 for more than 20 years, a position which he greatly treasured. He was president of Toastmaster’s International, DeWitt, for many years.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Jean; children, Pat (Robert) Nolan, Davenport, Yvonne Bradshaw and Dale Baker, Clinton, Jody (Mike) Kreger, Arlington, Texas, Ted (Lillian) Bradshaw, Eldridge, Kathy Tague, DeWitt, Teresa Bradshaw, Arlington, Texas, and Tom (Ruth) Bradshaw, Wichita, Kansas; 11 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by nine brothers and sisters.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Friday, November 23, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 24, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father Paul Connolly will officiate. Military rights and burial will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound.
Memorials are suggested to Iowa Right to Life.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines