GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
Joseph L. Bradshaw, 85, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died late Monday at Westwing Place, DeWitt.
Joseph was born June 18, 1927, in Bernard, Iowa, to Joseph and Rose (Ward) Bradshaw. He was a 1946 graduate of DeWitt High School. He served in the Army from 1946 until 1948. Joseph was united in marriage to Jean Dierickx on February 2, 1948, at Saint Ann’s Catholic Church, Long Grove. The couple farmed in Dubuque County until 1958 and in Clinton County until 2009.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He served as Legion chaplain for Grand Mound American Legion Post 622 for more than 20 years, a position which he greatly treasured. He was president of Toastmaster’s International, DeWitt, for many years.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Jean; children, Pat (Robert) Nolan, Davenport, Yvonne Bradshaw and Dale Baker, Clinton, Jody (Mike) Kreger, Arlington, Texas, Ted (Lillian) Bradshaw, Eldridge, Kathy Tague, DeWitt, Teresa Bradshaw, Arlington, Texas, and Tom (Ruth) Bradshaw, Wichita, Kansas; 11 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by nine brothers and sisters.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Friday, November 23, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 24, 2012, at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Reverend Father Paul Connolly will officiate. Military rights and burial will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound.
Memorials are suggested to Iowa Right to Life.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 19, 2012
GRAND MOUND —
June 18, 1927 - Nov. 19, 2012
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines