Aug. 2, 1916 - Dec. 7, 2012
A. Maxine Holstein, 96, of Camanche, IA, died Friday, December 7, 2012, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Private services will be held at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Alberta Maxine Archibald was born August 2, 1916, in Trenton, Missouri, the daughter of Gilbert and Cornelia (Thornton) Archibald. She married Arnold Holstein on May 19, 1936, in Hanover, IL; he died October 23, 1993.
She was a homemaker and had also been employed at Allen’s Tea Room. Maxine was a fantastic cook, enjoyed playing cards and loved her family.
She is survived by her daughters, Sharon (Thomas) Casper of Albuquerque, NM; Judy (John) Brandenburg of Clinton, Carol (Jon) Glahn of Camanche; Debra (Joe Wendel) Holstein of Clinton, Denise (Robert) Lee of Jacksonville, FL, and Terry (John) Ledek of Sandy, UT; son, Gary (Barb) Holstein of Savanna, IL; 11 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; brother, Gerald (Ann) Archibald of Phoenix, AZ; sisters, Norma Komrofske and Mary Frances Archibald, both of Clinton; and her special friend and caregiver, Nancy Frondle of Camanche.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her parents and a sister, Janice Petersen.
The family requests that memorials may be made to Mercy Living Center South.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Dec. 7, 2012
Aug. 2, 1916 - Dec. 7, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines