Rose Marie Schlarmann
June 27, 1949 - Nov. 8, 2013
PRESTON — Rose Marie Schlarmann, 64, of rural Preston, IA, died Friday November 8, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Clinton, IA due to complications of inflammatory breast cancer.
A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at St. John Lutheran Church in Bellevue. A visitation for Rose will be held from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday evening at Hachmann Funeral Home & Cremation Service in Bellevue and again Wednesday morning at the Church after 9:30.
Rose was born June 27, 1949, in Bellevue, daughter of William and Marilyn (Roe) Pataska. She married Dennis Schlarmann on June 29, 1968 at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Bellevue.
Rose recently retired from Alliant Energy. In her free time, she especially enjoyed spending time with family and friends, playing cards, going to the casino, sewing, and gardening.
She is survived by her husband Dennis E. Schlarmann, to whom she was married for 45 years, two sons David Schlarmann (Shauneen Linton) and Steven Schlarmann (Sally), daughter Melissa Senyurekli (Ahmet), four grandchildren Kirsten, Rowan, Aydin, Leyla, and four brothers Dale (Judy), Darrell (Ellen), Stan (Rochelle), and John (Olinda).
Rose was preceded in death by her mother Marilyn Pataska (Roe) and William Pataska of rural Green Island, and two brothers Ronald and Donald Pataska.
The family would like to give a special thank you to the nurses at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton, especially Sarah and Shelby in CCU.
In lieu of flowers memorials will be donated to breast cancer research.
May Rose rest in peace and be an inspiration to all fighting cancer.
Death date: Nov. 8, 2013
Rose Marie Schlarmann
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines