Rose Marie Schlarmann
June 27, 1949 - Nov. 8, 2013
PRESTON — Rose Marie Schlarmann, 64, of rural Preston, IA, died Friday November 8, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Clinton, IA due to complications of inflammatory breast cancer.
A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at St. John Lutheran Church in Bellevue. A visitation for Rose will be held from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday evening at Hachmann Funeral Home & Cremation Service in Bellevue and again Wednesday morning at the Church after 9:30.
Rose was born June 27, 1949, in Bellevue, daughter of William and Marilyn (Roe) Pataska. She married Dennis Schlarmann on June 29, 1968 at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Bellevue.
Rose recently retired from Alliant Energy. In her free time, she especially enjoyed spending time with family and friends, playing cards, going to the casino, sewing, and gardening.
She is survived by her husband Dennis E. Schlarmann, to whom she was married for 45 years, two sons David Schlarmann (Shauneen Linton) and Steven Schlarmann (Sally), daughter Melissa Senyurekli (Ahmet), four grandchildren Kirsten, Rowan, Aydin, Leyla, and four brothers Dale (Judy), Darrell (Ellen), Stan (Rochelle), and John (Olinda).
Rose was preceded in death by her mother Marilyn Pataska (Roe) and William Pataska of rural Green Island, and two brothers Ronald and Donald Pataska.
The family would like to give a special thank you to the nurses at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton, especially Sarah and Shelby in CCU.
In lieu of flowers memorials will be donated to breast cancer research.
May Rose rest in peace and be an inspiration to all fighting cancer.
Death date: Nov. 8, 2013
Rose Marie Schlarmann
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines