Rose Marie Schlarmann
June 27, 1949 - Nov. 8, 2013
PRESTON — Rose Marie Schlarmann, 64, of rural Preston, IA, died Friday November 8, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Clinton, IA due to complications of inflammatory breast cancer.
A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at St. John Lutheran Church in Bellevue. A visitation for Rose will be held from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday evening at Hachmann Funeral Home & Cremation Service in Bellevue and again Wednesday morning at the Church after 9:30.
Rose was born June 27, 1949, in Bellevue, daughter of William and Marilyn (Roe) Pataska. She married Dennis Schlarmann on June 29, 1968 at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Bellevue.
Rose recently retired from Alliant Energy. In her free time, she especially enjoyed spending time with family and friends, playing cards, going to the casino, sewing, and gardening.
She is survived by her husband Dennis E. Schlarmann, to whom she was married for 45 years, two sons David Schlarmann (Shauneen Linton) and Steven Schlarmann (Sally), daughter Melissa Senyurekli (Ahmet), four grandchildren Kirsten, Rowan, Aydin, Leyla, and four brothers Dale (Judy), Darrell (Ellen), Stan (Rochelle), and John (Olinda).
Rose was preceded in death by her mother Marilyn Pataska (Roe) and William Pataska of rural Green Island, and two brothers Ronald and Donald Pataska.
The family would like to give a special thank you to the nurses at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton, especially Sarah and Shelby in CCU.
In lieu of flowers memorials will be donated to breast cancer research.
May Rose rest in peace and be an inspiration to all fighting cancer.
Death date: Nov. 8, 2013
Rose Marie Schlarmann
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines