Patricia Sue Turney
Jan. 7, 1945 - Nov. 7, 2013
FAIRHAVEN, Ill. — Patricia Sue Turney loved to experience the United States by traveling throughout the country with her husband Gary. She went to be with the Lord Thursday, November 7, 2013 at the age of 68, at home in Fairhaven, after an 18-month battle with cancer.
Patricia enjoyed her retirement to the fullest by traveling with her husband, Gary, in their 5th-wheel trailer, visiting her daughter and grandchildren in Seattle, Washington, and also visiting her son and grandchildren in North Liberty, Iowa. They spent many summers at the Big-H Campground in Cassville, Wisconsin on the Mississippi River and winters at the Sunrise RV Park in Apache Junction, Arizona.
She also loved baking for her grandchildren and especially "lunching" with her girlfriends. Patricia liked gardening, shopping, collecting Pandas, watching Chicago sports and NASCAR, and just spending time with family and friends.
Patricia was born January 7, 1945 in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Arthur and Olive (Mackey) St. Clair. She is a graduate of the Chadwick High School with the Class of 1963. On February 18, 1967, Patricia married Gary Turney, they celebrated 46 years of marriage.
Patricia began working for General Electric in Morrison in 1966 and retired in 2003. During her years at GE, she worked the lines and then transferred to the Press Room. She attended Sauk Valley College to become a Quality Control Inspector for GE until her retirement. While at General Electric, she made a lifetime of dear friends.
Patricia was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, Morrison, where she was a member and past-president of the Catholic Women. Patricia also belonged to the General Electric Gem Club. When her children were young she served as a 4-H Leader and a Brownie Leader. During retirement, she enjoyed years as a board member of Advantage One Credit Union, Morrison.
Patricia will be dearly missed by her husband, Gary of Fairhaven; her daughter, Peggy Sue (Bret) Chase of Issaquah, Washington; her son Lee (Karla) Turney of North Liberty, Iowa; four grandchildren, Cole and Samantha Chase and Cooper and Paxton Turney; father in-law, Paul Turney; and brother in-law, Ray Burkholder. Patricia is preceded in death by both parents; her sister, Marlene Burkholder; two sisters in-infancy; mother in-law, Beth Turney; and brother in-law, David Turney.
A Funeral Mass will be held 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at the Church of St. Mary, Morrison with Father William Antillon as Celebrant. Burial will be in Fairhaven Cemetery. Visitation will be 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at the Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Mt. Carroll with a Rosary Service at 3:30 p.m.
You may share in Patricia's life atwww.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Nov. 7, 2013
Patricia Sue Turney
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines