Patricia Sue Turney
Jan. 7, 1945 - Nov. 7, 2013
FAIRHAVEN, Ill. — Patricia Sue Turney loved to experience the United States by traveling throughout the country with her husband Gary. She went to be with the Lord Thursday, November 7, 2013 at the age of 68, at home in Fairhaven, after an 18-month battle with cancer.
Patricia enjoyed her retirement to the fullest by traveling with her husband, Gary, in their 5th-wheel trailer, visiting her daughter and grandchildren in Seattle, Washington, and also visiting her son and grandchildren in North Liberty, Iowa. They spent many summers at the Big-H Campground in Cassville, Wisconsin on the Mississippi River and winters at the Sunrise RV Park in Apache Junction, Arizona.
She also loved baking for her grandchildren and especially "lunching" with her girlfriends. Patricia liked gardening, shopping, collecting Pandas, watching Chicago sports and NASCAR, and just spending time with family and friends.
Patricia was born January 7, 1945 in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Arthur and Olive (Mackey) St. Clair. She is a graduate of the Chadwick High School with the Class of 1963. On February 18, 1967, Patricia married Gary Turney, they celebrated 46 years of marriage.
Patricia began working for General Electric in Morrison in 1966 and retired in 2003. During her years at GE, she worked the lines and then transferred to the Press Room. She attended Sauk Valley College to become a Quality Control Inspector for GE until her retirement. While at General Electric, she made a lifetime of dear friends.
Patricia was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, Morrison, where she was a member and past-president of the Catholic Women. Patricia also belonged to the General Electric Gem Club. When her children were young she served as a 4-H Leader and a Brownie Leader. During retirement, she enjoyed years as a board member of Advantage One Credit Union, Morrison.
Patricia will be dearly missed by her husband, Gary of Fairhaven; her daughter, Peggy Sue (Bret) Chase of Issaquah, Washington; her son Lee (Karla) Turney of North Liberty, Iowa; four grandchildren, Cole and Samantha Chase and Cooper and Paxton Turney; father in-law, Paul Turney; and brother in-law, Ray Burkholder. Patricia is preceded in death by both parents; her sister, Marlene Burkholder; two sisters in-infancy; mother in-law, Beth Turney; and brother in-law, David Turney.
A Funeral Mass will be held 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at the Church of St. Mary, Morrison with Father William Antillon as Celebrant. Burial will be in Fairhaven Cemetery. Visitation will be 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at the Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Mt. Carroll with a Rosary Service at 3:30 p.m.
You may share in Patricia's life atwww.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Nov. 7, 2013
Patricia Sue Turney
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines