Patricia Sue Turney
Jan. 7, 1945 - Nov. 7, 2013
FAIRHAVEN, Ill. — Patricia Sue Turney loved to experience the United States by traveling throughout the country with her husband Gary. She went to be with the Lord Thursday, November 7, 2013 at the age of 68, at home in Fairhaven, after an 18-month battle with cancer.
Patricia enjoyed her retirement to the fullest by traveling with her husband, Gary, in their 5th-wheel trailer, visiting her daughter and grandchildren in Seattle, Washington, and also visiting her son and grandchildren in North Liberty, Iowa. They spent many summers at the Big-H Campground in Cassville, Wisconsin on the Mississippi River and winters at the Sunrise RV Park in Apache Junction, Arizona.
She also loved baking for her grandchildren and especially "lunching" with her girlfriends. Patricia liked gardening, shopping, collecting Pandas, watching Chicago sports and NASCAR, and just spending time with family and friends.
Patricia was born January 7, 1945 in Savanna, Illinois, the daughter of Arthur and Olive (Mackey) St. Clair. She is a graduate of the Chadwick High School with the Class of 1963. On February 18, 1967, Patricia married Gary Turney, they celebrated 46 years of marriage.
Patricia began working for General Electric in Morrison in 1966 and retired in 2003. During her years at GE, she worked the lines and then transferred to the Press Room. She attended Sauk Valley College to become a Quality Control Inspector for GE until her retirement. While at General Electric, she made a lifetime of dear friends.
Patricia was a member of St. Mary's Catholic Church, Morrison, where she was a member and past-president of the Catholic Women. Patricia also belonged to the General Electric Gem Club. When her children were young she served as a 4-H Leader and a Brownie Leader. During retirement, she enjoyed years as a board member of Advantage One Credit Union, Morrison.
Patricia will be dearly missed by her husband, Gary of Fairhaven; her daughter, Peggy Sue (Bret) Chase of Issaquah, Washington; her son Lee (Karla) Turney of North Liberty, Iowa; four grandchildren, Cole and Samantha Chase and Cooper and Paxton Turney; father in-law, Paul Turney; and brother in-law, Ray Burkholder. Patricia is preceded in death by both parents; her sister, Marlene Burkholder; two sisters in-infancy; mother in-law, Beth Turney; and brother in-law, David Turney.
A Funeral Mass will be held 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 13, 2013 at the Church of St. Mary, Morrison with Father William Antillon as Celebrant. Burial will be in Fairhaven Cemetery. Visitation will be 4:00 - 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at the Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Mt. Carroll with a Rosary Service at 3:30 p.m.
You may share in Patricia's life atwww.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Nov. 7, 2013
Patricia Sue Turney
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines