Jan. 22, 1942 - June 27, 2012
Carolyn Kay Roling, age 70, of Bryant, IA passed away Wednesday, June 27th at Mercy Medical Center North.
A Mass of the Christian Burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, July 2nd at the Prince of Peace Church. Visitation will be from 2:00 to 7:00 p.m. Sunday, July 1st at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be at St. Joseph’s Cemetery in Sugar Creek.
Carolyn was born January 22, 1942 in Clinton, to Ernest and Lorraine (Jensen) Lueders. She graduated Goose Lake High School.
She married Leo “Pete” Roling in Sugar Creek in 1963. Carolyn was a receptionist at Dr. Cahill’s office for several years, later working in homecare for the VNA in DeWitt as well as selling Avon for over 30 years. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and the Farm Bureau Homemakers. She enjoyed sewing, going to auctions, flea markets, and collecting cook books.
Carolyn is survived by her husband “Pete,” her son Scott of Clinton, three daughters, Susan (Lee) McCutcheon of Clinton, Kristen (Scott Brundage) Roling of Sabula, Kathy (Jerry) Williams of Danville, KY; six sisters, Jan (Jim) Young of Clinton, Margie Maura of Las Vegas, NV, Eileen (Paul) Spehr of San Antonio, TX, Luwana (Roy) Hansen of Oakdale, NY, Janelle (Russell) Horton of Thermopolis, WY, and Joan Petersen of Clinton; a brother, Alan (Linda) Lueders of Clinton; and brothers and sisters-in-law, Kenneth (Diane) Roling of Dewitt, Clarence (Bertha) Pfab of Bernard, Gene (Karen) Pfab of Dubuque, Jim Roling (Marietta Trenkamp) of Preston, Dan (Doris) Lawrence of Miles, Delores Woods of DeWitt, Darrell (Lois) Trenkamp of Preston, Terry (Annie) Hahn of Charlotte, Larry (Joan) Roling of Preston; and many nieces and nephews.
Carolyn was preceded in death by her parents and two nephews, Mark and Carl Roling.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: June 27, 2012
Jan. 22, 1942 - June 27, 2012
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines