FENTON, Ill. —
June 22, 1921 - Oct. 27, 2012
Dean A. Bealer, 91, of Fenton, died Saturday, October 27, at his home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m Saturday, Nov. 3, at Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, with Ken Renkes, director of congregational care at Ebenezer Reformed Church in Morrison, and the Rev. Donald Barnes, retired pastor of Wheaton, Ill., officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Graveside committal service and interment will be 1:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3, at the Fenton Cemetery, Fenton, Ill., with military funeral honors.
Memorials may be made to The King’s Closet in Erie, Ill., and The Salvation Army.
He was born June 22, 1921, in Fenton, Ill., to Wayne E. and Alice E. (Pyse) Bealer.
Dean was educated in the rural Fenton Grade School and was a 1939 graduate of Erie High School in Erie, Ill.
He first married Jacqueline I. “Jackie” Kier on Feb. 20, 1944, in Morrison, Ill.; she died Dec. 12, 2001. He then married Kathy A. Dykema on Sept. 11, 2004, in Morrison; she survives.
Dean’s earliest employment was at a gas station in Morrison. He also worked for his uncle, Ross Bealer, at the Chevrolet auto dealership in Morrison. In 1940, Dean joined the U.S. Navy during World War II and was stationed at the Great Lakes Naval Training Station. He attended flight school at the Naval Aviation School in San Diego, CA, where he was certified as a flight aviation radioman. He then served as a radio specialist for search and rescue missions. During one of his missions, Dean’s plane went down while over water. In that experience, Dean acquired a greater insight into the importance of his job. He was awarded the Purple Heart medal. Upon completion of his “tour of duty,” Dean was hired by the U.S. Postal Service as a rural letter carrier. He worked in that capacity for 35 years.
Dean was a baptized member of the Evangelical Brethren Church. He was “born again” at Iona Lake, IN, in 1967. Dean is a member of the Ebenezer Reformed Church, Morrison, Ill. Dean is a member of the Buzzard’s Club and enjoyed the 8:30 a.m. daily meetings in “the shop.”
In 1955, Dean bought the Fenton School and remodeled it into a home for himself and his family. Dean served his Lord, served his country and served his fellow man.
Survivors include his wife, Kathy; two daughters, Marcia (Randall) Hekman of Grand Rapids, MI, and Patricia MacDonald of Laguna Beach, CA; eighteen grandchildren; and thirty-three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, first wife, Jackie; one daughter, Susan Ritzenthaler; and one sister, Evelyn Cocking.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Oct. 27, 2012
FENTON, Ill. —
June 22, 1921 - Oct. 27, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines