Nov. 7, 1921 - July 8, 2012
Wayne C. Bruce, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 8, 2012 at Mercy Living Center – North after a short battle with pancreatic cancer.
Per his wishes there will be no services or visitation. The body has been cremated. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory assisted the family with the arrangements.
Wayne Currin Bruce was the oldest living child of Charles Edson and Inez G. Bruce. He was born in Hemet, California on November 7, 1921. He attended Buena Vista College at Storm Lake, Iowa for one and one-half years, enlisting in the United States Marine Corps in December, 1941. He spent the following four years in the South Pacific and returned to the United States and attended flight school at Wooster College. Took discharge after four and one-half years in the United States Marine Corps. He married Florine A. Wright on December 17, 1949.
Wayne enrolled at Simpson College and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Biology. He graduated from Drake University in Des Moines with a degree in Clinical Psychology in 1952.
Wayne worked as a School Psychologist and Director of Special Education Services in Clinton and Jackson counties in Iowa from August 1952 until July 1975. He joined the staff of the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency and served as the Coordinator of Special Education Services and School Psychologist until his retirement in 1988.
Wayne is survived by his wife: Florine of Clinton; two sisters: Lorraine Dunn of Rochester, Minnesota, and Eunice Duxburry of Scotland; and nieces and nephews.
Death date: July 8, 2012
Nov. 7, 1921 - July 8, 2012
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines