Nov. 7, 1921 - July 8, 2012
Wayne C. Bruce, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 8, 2012 at Mercy Living Center – North after a short battle with pancreatic cancer.
Per his wishes there will be no services or visitation. The body has been cremated. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory assisted the family with the arrangements.
Wayne Currin Bruce was the oldest living child of Charles Edson and Inez G. Bruce. He was born in Hemet, California on November 7, 1921. He attended Buena Vista College at Storm Lake, Iowa for one and one-half years, enlisting in the United States Marine Corps in December, 1941. He spent the following four years in the South Pacific and returned to the United States and attended flight school at Wooster College. Took discharge after four and one-half years in the United States Marine Corps. He married Florine A. Wright on December 17, 1949.
Wayne enrolled at Simpson College and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Biology. He graduated from Drake University in Des Moines with a degree in Clinical Psychology in 1952.
Wayne worked as a School Psychologist and Director of Special Education Services in Clinton and Jackson counties in Iowa from August 1952 until July 1975. He joined the staff of the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency and served as the Coordinator of Special Education Services and School Psychologist until his retirement in 1988.
Wayne is survived by his wife: Florine of Clinton; two sisters: Lorraine Dunn of Rochester, Minnesota, and Eunice Duxburry of Scotland; and nieces and nephews.
Death date: July 8, 2012
Nov. 7, 1921 - July 8, 2012
- Dorothy C. Weber May 15, 1919 - March 13, 2014 CLINTON -- Dorothy C. Weber, age 94, of Clinton passed away Thursday, March 13, 2014 at Eagle Point Nursing Home. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 P.M. on Monday, March 17, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitatio
- Gust G. 'Bobby' Moraetes Sept. 4, 1935 - March 12, 2014 EAST MOLINE, Ill. -- Gust G. "Bobby" Moraetes, 78, East Moline, passed away on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at Mercy Hospital, Clinton, IA. Funeral services are 11 a.m. Monday at Van Hoe Funeral Home Ltd., East Moline. Bur
- Martha A. Johnson Martha A. Johnson May 7, 1912 - March 13, 2014 CLINTON -- Martha A. Johnson, 101, of Clinton, passed away, Thursday, March 13, 2014 at the Alverno in Clinton. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, March 15, 2014 at the Zion Lutheran Church, Clin
- Henry Francis Arkenberg Henry Francis Arkenberg March 2, 1939 - March 12, 2014 BETTENDORF -- Henry Francis Arkenberg, 75, of Clinton died Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Monday, March 17t
- Gust G. 'Bobby' Moraetes EAST MOLINE, Ill. -- Gust G. "Bobby" Moraetes, 78, of East Moline, died Wednesday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. Monday at Van Hoe Funeral Home in East Moline. Burial is in Rock Island National Cemetery. Visitatio
- Michael D. 'Mike' Stevens MAQUOKETA -- Michael D. "Mike" Stevens, 47, of Maquoketa, died Saturday at the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. A celebration of his life will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Pearson Hall in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 3 to 7 p
- Kathleen M. Petras Kathleen M. Petras June 20, 1951 - March 10, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Kathleen M. Petras, 62, of Camanche, died at her home on March 10, 2014. A Celebration of life will be from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Sunday, March 16, 2014, at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel 26
- Helen Louise Kerr DeWitt Helen Louise Kerr Helen Louise Kerr, 77, of DeWitt, died at Clarrisa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Henry F. Arkenberg Clinton Henry F. Arkenberg Henry F. Arkenberg, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Michael D. 'Mike' Stevens Maquoketa Michael D. 'Mike' Stevens Michael D. "Mike" Stevens, 47, of Maquoketa died Saturday at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines