Nov. 7, 1921 - July 8, 2012
Wayne C. Bruce, 90, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 8, 2012 at Mercy Living Center – North after a short battle with pancreatic cancer.
Per his wishes there will be no services or visitation. The body has been cremated. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory assisted the family with the arrangements.
Wayne Currin Bruce was the oldest living child of Charles Edson and Inez G. Bruce. He was born in Hemet, California on November 7, 1921. He attended Buena Vista College at Storm Lake, Iowa for one and one-half years, enlisting in the United States Marine Corps in December, 1941. He spent the following four years in the South Pacific and returned to the United States and attended flight school at Wooster College. Took discharge after four and one-half years in the United States Marine Corps. He married Florine A. Wright on December 17, 1949.
Wayne enrolled at Simpson College and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Biology. He graduated from Drake University in Des Moines with a degree in Clinical Psychology in 1952.
Wayne worked as a School Psychologist and Director of Special Education Services in Clinton and Jackson counties in Iowa from August 1952 until July 1975. He joined the staff of the Mississippi Bend Area Education Agency and served as the Coordinator of Special Education Services and School Psychologist until his retirement in 1988.
Wayne is survived by his wife: Florine of Clinton; two sisters: Lorraine Dunn of Rochester, Minnesota, and Eunice Duxburry of Scotland; and nieces and nephews.
Death date: July 8, 2012
Nov. 7, 1921 - July 8, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines