FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
Kenneth L. Cooper, 91 of Fenton died Monday, July 30, 2012 at home.
Services will be 10:00 a.m. Friday at the Gibson Funeral Home, Erie. Burial will be in Fenton Cemetery. Visitation will be on Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Erie Ambulance Service.
Mr. Cooper was born June 27, 1921 in Albany, the son of Edward and Elizabeth “Bessie” Kennedy Cooper. He married Joyce Dennis on August 3, 1945 in Clinton.
He was employed at the Sterling Wire Mill until joining the U.S. Army on November 13, 1942. He served with Patton’s 3rd Army in Germany and received his discharge from the Army on February 13, 1946. He was in the C.C. Camp when he was young.
He was a lifetime farmer, had worked at Penberthy, Prophetstown and then worked at Deere Harvester Works, East Moline until he had to retire because of his health in 1986. Kenneth enjoyed the yard and buildings. He enjoyed the timber and cleaning it up.
He was a member of the American Legion for 64 years, currently a member of the Hillsdale American Legion. He was also a member of the UAW Local 65.
Survivors include his wife, sons, Gary (Andrea) Cooper, Morrison, David (Georgia) Cooper, Prophetstown, and John (Linda) Cooper, Erie, a daughter, Veneita Lynn (Rick) Shaffer, Erie, 10 grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren and 6 great great grandchildren. He is also survived by his buddy, George Hawk and special friends, Brian and Donna Douglas and their children, Jennifer and Katie.
He was preceded in death by 4 grandchildren including a granddaughter, Becky, his parents, a brother, Donald Cooper and sisters, Veronica Violet and Kathryn Anderson.
A special appreciation to granddaughter, Sherry Brackemyer who was his caregiver and allowed him to be at home.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.gibsonfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 30, 2012
FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines