FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
Kenneth L. Cooper, 91 of Fenton died Monday, July 30, 2012 at home.
Services will be 10:00 a.m. Friday at the Gibson Funeral Home, Erie. Burial will be in Fenton Cemetery. Visitation will be on Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Erie Ambulance Service.
Mr. Cooper was born June 27, 1921 in Albany, the son of Edward and Elizabeth “Bessie” Kennedy Cooper. He married Joyce Dennis on August 3, 1945 in Clinton.
He was employed at the Sterling Wire Mill until joining the U.S. Army on November 13, 1942. He served with Patton’s 3rd Army in Germany and received his discharge from the Army on February 13, 1946. He was in the C.C. Camp when he was young.
He was a lifetime farmer, had worked at Penberthy, Prophetstown and then worked at Deere Harvester Works, East Moline until he had to retire because of his health in 1986. Kenneth enjoyed the yard and buildings. He enjoyed the timber and cleaning it up.
He was a member of the American Legion for 64 years, currently a member of the Hillsdale American Legion. He was also a member of the UAW Local 65.
Survivors include his wife, sons, Gary (Andrea) Cooper, Morrison, David (Georgia) Cooper, Prophetstown, and John (Linda) Cooper, Erie, a daughter, Veneita Lynn (Rick) Shaffer, Erie, 10 grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren and 6 great great grandchildren. He is also survived by his buddy, George Hawk and special friends, Brian and Donna Douglas and their children, Jennifer and Katie.
He was preceded in death by 4 grandchildren including a granddaughter, Becky, his parents, a brother, Donald Cooper and sisters, Veronica Violet and Kathryn Anderson.
A special appreciation to granddaughter, Sherry Brackemyer who was his caregiver and allowed him to be at home.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.gibsonfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 30, 2012
FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines