FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
Kenneth L. Cooper, 91 of Fenton died Monday, July 30, 2012 at home.
Services will be 10:00 a.m. Friday at the Gibson Funeral Home, Erie. Burial will be in Fenton Cemetery. Visitation will be on Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Erie Ambulance Service.
Mr. Cooper was born June 27, 1921 in Albany, the son of Edward and Elizabeth “Bessie” Kennedy Cooper. He married Joyce Dennis on August 3, 1945 in Clinton.
He was employed at the Sterling Wire Mill until joining the U.S. Army on November 13, 1942. He served with Patton’s 3rd Army in Germany and received his discharge from the Army on February 13, 1946. He was in the C.C. Camp when he was young.
He was a lifetime farmer, had worked at Penberthy, Prophetstown and then worked at Deere Harvester Works, East Moline until he had to retire because of his health in 1986. Kenneth enjoyed the yard and buildings. He enjoyed the timber and cleaning it up.
He was a member of the American Legion for 64 years, currently a member of the Hillsdale American Legion. He was also a member of the UAW Local 65.
Survivors include his wife, sons, Gary (Andrea) Cooper, Morrison, David (Georgia) Cooper, Prophetstown, and John (Linda) Cooper, Erie, a daughter, Veneita Lynn (Rick) Shaffer, Erie, 10 grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren and 6 great great grandchildren. He is also survived by his buddy, George Hawk and special friends, Brian and Donna Douglas and their children, Jennifer and Katie.
He was preceded in death by 4 grandchildren including a granddaughter, Becky, his parents, a brother, Donald Cooper and sisters, Veronica Violet and Kathryn Anderson.
A special appreciation to granddaughter, Sherry Brackemyer who was his caregiver and allowed him to be at home.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.gibsonfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 30, 2012
FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines