FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
Kenneth L. Cooper, 91 of Fenton died Monday, July 30, 2012 at home.
Services will be 10:00 a.m. Friday at the Gibson Funeral Home, Erie. Burial will be in Fenton Cemetery. Visitation will be on Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Erie Ambulance Service.
Mr. Cooper was born June 27, 1921 in Albany, the son of Edward and Elizabeth “Bessie” Kennedy Cooper. He married Joyce Dennis on August 3, 1945 in Clinton.
He was employed at the Sterling Wire Mill until joining the U.S. Army on November 13, 1942. He served with Patton’s 3rd Army in Germany and received his discharge from the Army on February 13, 1946. He was in the C.C. Camp when he was young.
He was a lifetime farmer, had worked at Penberthy, Prophetstown and then worked at Deere Harvester Works, East Moline until he had to retire because of his health in 1986. Kenneth enjoyed the yard and buildings. He enjoyed the timber and cleaning it up.
He was a member of the American Legion for 64 years, currently a member of the Hillsdale American Legion. He was also a member of the UAW Local 65.
Survivors include his wife, sons, Gary (Andrea) Cooper, Morrison, David (Georgia) Cooper, Prophetstown, and John (Linda) Cooper, Erie, a daughter, Veneita Lynn (Rick) Shaffer, Erie, 10 grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren and 6 great great grandchildren. He is also survived by his buddy, George Hawk and special friends, Brian and Donna Douglas and their children, Jennifer and Katie.
He was preceded in death by 4 grandchildren including a granddaughter, Becky, his parents, a brother, Donald Cooper and sisters, Veronica Violet and Kathryn Anderson.
A special appreciation to granddaughter, Sherry Brackemyer who was his caregiver and allowed him to be at home.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.gibsonfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 30, 2012
FENTON, Ill. —
June 27, 1921 - July 30, 2012
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines