October 16, 1918 - November 11, 2012
Bonnie Ruth Milligan, age 94 passed away Sunday, November 11, 2012 at Skaalen Retirement Home.
Bonnie was born in Dunkirk Township on October 16, 1918, the daughter of the late Martin and Leda (Burull) Sperle. Bonnie and her sister, Elsie, lived on the farm her grandparents, Norwegian immigrants, settled. That farm was lost in the Great Depression, but the family continued to farm. Bonnie graduated from Stoughton High School in 1936. Bonnie attended the University of Wisconsin, Madison, where she met Robert Edgar Milligan, who was a law student. Bonnie and Robert married in Stoughton on June 13, 1942, in a double wedding ceremony shared with her sister Elsie and Elsie’s husband Everet. Bonnie left the university during WW II to follow her husband, now a naval officer, from coast to coast.
Bonnie ad Robert lived in Madison and Milwaukee after the war. They settled in Clinton, Iowa, where they raised three children. Bonnie’s many activities included thousands of rounds of golf, numerous league wins (the last at age 83) and two holes-in-one (the last when she was 77 years old). She loved Sanibel Island, Florida and vacationed there for over 30 years. Bonnie was proud of her Norwegian heritage. She toured Norway and met her “Norski” cousins. Bonnie was a member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority and a 50+ year member of P.E.O.
Bonnie is survived by her daughters Cmdr. Martha Milligan, ret. (husband Capt. Albert Johnson, ret.) of Virginia Beach, VA., Christine Milligan-Ciha (husband Allan Ciha) of Clive, IA and Stoughton, WI. and son John Milligan (wife Debi) of Washington, D.C., nephew Patrick Wall (Amy), nieces Lisa Livingston, Mary Susan Cable (John), Tess Nechkash (Jerry), Sheila Pokriefke (John), and many great nieces and nephews and cousins. Bonnie was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her sister, and niece Francesca.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, November 16, 2012 at Cress Funeral Home, 206 W. Prospect Ave, Stoughton, with the Rev. Dick Halom officiating. Friends may greet the family from 10 a.m. until the time of service. Burial will follow in Riverside Cemetery. Memorials may be sent to the Stoughton Historical Society.
Please share your memories at www.cressfuneralservice.com Cress Funeral & Cremation Service 206 W. Prospect Stoughton (608) 873-9244
October 16, 1918 - November 11, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks