March 15, 1965 - Nov. 14, 2012
Brent John Dierks, 47, of Clinton, died Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. November 19, 2012, at the Church of the Open Door. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Bob Dierks, Stan Dierks, Jeff Dierks, John Strunk, Rich Vining, and Erik Vining. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
Brent was born on March 15, 1965, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Herman and Sharon (Mulligan) Dierks. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1983. He then pursued an art degree from Iowa State University where he graduated in 1988.
Brent worked as a chef in Chicago for many years and upon returning to Clinton worked for River City Construction. He enjoyed playing his guitar, listening to music and reading. His cat, Molly, was the joy of his life.
Brent is survived by his parents, Herman and Sharon Dierks of Clinton; his sister, Kim Vining of Clinton; and his brother, Todd Dierks of Clinton; one nephew, Erik Vining of Chicago, IL; two nieces, Erin Vining of Iowa City and Hannah Dierks of Frankfurt, Germany; also many aunts, uncles and cousins.
Brent was preceded in death by his grandparents; his aunt, Patricia Lewandowski; and two cousins, Larry Luckritz and Christopher Joseph.
Death date: Nov. 14, 2012
March 15, 1965 - Nov. 14, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines