March 15, 1965 - Nov. 14, 2012
Brent John Dierks, 47, of Clinton, died Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. November 19, 2012, at the Church of the Open Door. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Bob Dierks, Stan Dierks, Jeff Dierks, John Strunk, Rich Vining, and Erik Vining. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
Brent was born on March 15, 1965, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Herman and Sharon (Mulligan) Dierks. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1983. He then pursued an art degree from Iowa State University where he graduated in 1988.
Brent worked as a chef in Chicago for many years and upon returning to Clinton worked for River City Construction. He enjoyed playing his guitar, listening to music and reading. His cat, Molly, was the joy of his life.
Brent is survived by his parents, Herman and Sharon Dierks of Clinton; his sister, Kim Vining of Clinton; and his brother, Todd Dierks of Clinton; one nephew, Erik Vining of Chicago, IL; two nieces, Erin Vining of Iowa City and Hannah Dierks of Frankfurt, Germany; also many aunts, uncles and cousins.
Brent was preceded in death by his grandparents; his aunt, Patricia Lewandowski; and two cousins, Larry Luckritz and Christopher Joseph.
Death date: Nov. 14, 2012
March 15, 1965 - Nov. 14, 2012
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines