Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
Nancy L. “Grammy” Schmitz, 75, of Camanche, Iowa passed away at Mercy Medical Center, on July 4th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, July 9th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (West side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery). A visitation will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 8th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Nancy was born December 4th, 1936 in Ann Arbor Michigan, the daughter of Elton and Ethel (Wood) Foster. She attended Maquoketa High School. Nancy was united in marriage to Charles Schmitz on September 26th, 1954 in Clinton, Iowa.
Nancy worked as a supervisor at the Clinton House for over 10 years. Nancy enjoyed putting together scrap books, crafts, bowling and watching boxing and Jeopardy. She had a passion for genealogy and was proud to trace and verify her lineage back to the Mayflower. Above all she loved her family and loved spending time with her grandchildren and great grandchildren, especially at family gatherings.
Nancy is survived by two daughters - Jody Wenzel of Louisville KY, Stacey (Kevin) Arms of Camanche; three sons - Richard Schmitz of Clinton, IA, Charlie (Maria) Schmitz Jr. of Crosby TX., Kenny Schmitz of Clinton, IA.; 28 grandchildren; 20 great grandchildren; three sisters - Norma Roup of Clinton, MI., Pat (Charlie) Mattis of Tecumseh, MI., Vicki (Mike) Delisle of Onsted, MI.; one-sister in-law - Joan Foster of Clinton, MI.; one brother - Danny Foster of Brooklyn, MI. and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, one son, Doni and one grandson, Christopher.
Memorials can be made to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines