Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
Nancy L. “Grammy” Schmitz, 75, of Camanche, Iowa passed away at Mercy Medical Center, on July 4th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, July 9th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (West side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery). A visitation will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 8th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Nancy was born December 4th, 1936 in Ann Arbor Michigan, the daughter of Elton and Ethel (Wood) Foster. She attended Maquoketa High School. Nancy was united in marriage to Charles Schmitz on September 26th, 1954 in Clinton, Iowa.
Nancy worked as a supervisor at the Clinton House for over 10 years. Nancy enjoyed putting together scrap books, crafts, bowling and watching boxing and Jeopardy. She had a passion for genealogy and was proud to trace and verify her lineage back to the Mayflower. Above all she loved her family and loved spending time with her grandchildren and great grandchildren, especially at family gatherings.
Nancy is survived by two daughters - Jody Wenzel of Louisville KY, Stacey (Kevin) Arms of Camanche; three sons - Richard Schmitz of Clinton, IA, Charlie (Maria) Schmitz Jr. of Crosby TX., Kenny Schmitz of Clinton, IA.; 28 grandchildren; 20 great grandchildren; three sisters - Norma Roup of Clinton, MI., Pat (Charlie) Mattis of Tecumseh, MI., Vicki (Mike) Delisle of Onsted, MI.; one-sister in-law - Joan Foster of Clinton, MI.; one brother - Danny Foster of Brooklyn, MI. and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, one son, Doni and one grandson, Christopher.
Memorials can be made to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Robert J. Wolf Sr. Robert J. Wolf Sr. Sept. 26, 1935 - April 13, 2014 ELDRIDGE -- Funeral services and Mass of Christian Burial for Robert J. Wolf, Sr., 78, a resident of Eldridge, Iowa will be 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Our Lady of the River Catholic Chur
- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Jan. 13, 1923 - April 9, 2014 ROANOKE, Ill. -- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth, 91, formerly of Roanoke, Illinois, died peacefully in her sleep at the Robin Johnson Hospice House in Dallas, North Carolina at 9:29p.m. on Wednesday, April
- Dolores Mae Struve Dolores Mae Struve May 1, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Dolores Mae Struve, age 82, of Clinton, died Saturday Apr. 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, Apr. 16th, at St. Joh
- Virginia M. A. Petersen Virginia M. A. Petersen Oct. 27, 1910 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Virginia M. A. Petersen, 103, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the Alverno. Graveside Services will be 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- More Obituaries Headlines