Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
Nancy L. “Grammy” Schmitz, 75, of Camanche, Iowa passed away at Mercy Medical Center, on July 4th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11:00 a.m. on Monday, July 9th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (West side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery). A visitation will be held from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, July 8th, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Nancy was born December 4th, 1936 in Ann Arbor Michigan, the daughter of Elton and Ethel (Wood) Foster. She attended Maquoketa High School. Nancy was united in marriage to Charles Schmitz on September 26th, 1954 in Clinton, Iowa.
Nancy worked as a supervisor at the Clinton House for over 10 years. Nancy enjoyed putting together scrap books, crafts, bowling and watching boxing and Jeopardy. She had a passion for genealogy and was proud to trace and verify her lineage back to the Mayflower. Above all she loved her family and loved spending time with her grandchildren and great grandchildren, especially at family gatherings.
Nancy is survived by two daughters - Jody Wenzel of Louisville KY, Stacey (Kevin) Arms of Camanche; three sons - Richard Schmitz of Clinton, IA, Charlie (Maria) Schmitz Jr. of Crosby TX., Kenny Schmitz of Clinton, IA.; 28 grandchildren; 20 great grandchildren; three sisters - Norma Roup of Clinton, MI., Pat (Charlie) Mattis of Tecumseh, MI., Vicki (Mike) Delisle of Onsted, MI.; one-sister in-law - Joan Foster of Clinton, MI.; one brother - Danny Foster of Brooklyn, MI. and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, one son, Doni and one grandson, Christopher.
Memorials can be made to the American Cancer Society.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 4, 2012
Dec. 4, 1936 - July 4, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines