FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
Mrs. Agnes M. Kinney, 92, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Saturday evening, July 7, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, DeWitt.
Mrs. Kinney, the former Agnes Mary Grubich, was born May 28, 1920, at Lake Benton, Minnesota, to Charles R. and Margaret V. (Peter) Grubich. Agnes was united in marriage to Edward Kinney on November 8, 1938, at Lake Benton. The couple farmed for many years, until retirement in 1986, when they moved to DeWitt. As well as being a mother and farm wife, Agnes also did housekeeping, baby-sitting and caregiving. She sorted seed corn seasonally for 58 years. Her husband, Ed, preceded her in death on October 6, 1996.
She was a former member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound., and the Altar and Rosary Society. Currently, Agnes was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt. She enjoyed cooking, baking, playing cards, family gatherings and especially the time she was able to spend with her many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Agnes loved trying new recipes out for her family, and if they liked it, she made more for others. She also was proud of the fact that she took her very first airplane ride at age 80 with her oldest grandson, Kevin, as pilot.
Surviving are daughters, Barb (Chuck) Easton of Davenport, Iowa; Loreen (Ted) Pestka and Janet (Ron) Goldensoph of DeWitt; a son, Steve (Cindy) Kinney of Kenney, Illinois; 16 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; 3 great-great-grandchildren; a daughter-in-law, Jane Kinney of Lost Nation, Iowa; sisters-in-law, Grace Kinney of Grand Mound and Lydia Kinney of Marion, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Agnes in death, in addition to her husband, were her parents; a son, Charles; brothers, Lawrence, Leo, Bernie and Chuck; and sisters, Lorraine Grubich, Leona Kinney and Florence Cahill.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 until 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 11, 2012, in St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt, with the Reverend Father Paul Connolly officiating. Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. A memorial fund has been established.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Kevin Kinney, Tom, Scott and Ryan Eastron, Ray Pestka and Chris and Cory Goldensoph. Honorary pallbearers will be granddaughters, Michelle Kinney, Joelle Stoddard, Charleen Kilburg, Robbi Olson, Amy Leasure, Katie Goldensoph, Kim James, Stacy Traver and Melanie Kinney.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 7, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines