FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
Mrs. Agnes M. Kinney, 92, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Saturday evening, July 7, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, DeWitt.
Mrs. Kinney, the former Agnes Mary Grubich, was born May 28, 1920, at Lake Benton, Minnesota, to Charles R. and Margaret V. (Peter) Grubich. Agnes was united in marriage to Edward Kinney on November 8, 1938, at Lake Benton. The couple farmed for many years, until retirement in 1986, when they moved to DeWitt. As well as being a mother and farm wife, Agnes also did housekeeping, baby-sitting and caregiving. She sorted seed corn seasonally for 58 years. Her husband, Ed, preceded her in death on October 6, 1996.
She was a former member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound., and the Altar and Rosary Society. Currently, Agnes was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt. She enjoyed cooking, baking, playing cards, family gatherings and especially the time she was able to spend with her many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Agnes loved trying new recipes out for her family, and if they liked it, she made more for others. She also was proud of the fact that she took her very first airplane ride at age 80 with her oldest grandson, Kevin, as pilot.
Surviving are daughters, Barb (Chuck) Easton of Davenport, Iowa; Loreen (Ted) Pestka and Janet (Ron) Goldensoph of DeWitt; a son, Steve (Cindy) Kinney of Kenney, Illinois; 16 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; 3 great-great-grandchildren; a daughter-in-law, Jane Kinney of Lost Nation, Iowa; sisters-in-law, Grace Kinney of Grand Mound and Lydia Kinney of Marion, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Agnes in death, in addition to her husband, were her parents; a son, Charles; brothers, Lawrence, Leo, Bernie and Chuck; and sisters, Lorraine Grubich, Leona Kinney and Florence Cahill.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 until 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 11, 2012, in St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt, with the Reverend Father Paul Connolly officiating. Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. A memorial fund has been established.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Kevin Kinney, Tom, Scott and Ryan Eastron, Ray Pestka and Chris and Cory Goldensoph. Honorary pallbearers will be granddaughters, Michelle Kinney, Joelle Stoddard, Charleen Kilburg, Robbi Olson, Amy Leasure, Katie Goldensoph, Kim James, Stacy Traver and Melanie Kinney.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 7, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks