FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
Mrs. Agnes M. Kinney, 92, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Saturday evening, July 7, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, DeWitt.
Mrs. Kinney, the former Agnes Mary Grubich, was born May 28, 1920, at Lake Benton, Minnesota, to Charles R. and Margaret V. (Peter) Grubich. Agnes was united in marriage to Edward Kinney on November 8, 1938, at Lake Benton. The couple farmed for many years, until retirement in 1986, when they moved to DeWitt. As well as being a mother and farm wife, Agnes also did housekeeping, baby-sitting and caregiving. She sorted seed corn seasonally for 58 years. Her husband, Ed, preceded her in death on October 6, 1996.
She was a former member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound., and the Altar and Rosary Society. Currently, Agnes was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt. She enjoyed cooking, baking, playing cards, family gatherings and especially the time she was able to spend with her many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Agnes loved trying new recipes out for her family, and if they liked it, she made more for others. She also was proud of the fact that she took her very first airplane ride at age 80 with her oldest grandson, Kevin, as pilot.
Surviving are daughters, Barb (Chuck) Easton of Davenport, Iowa; Loreen (Ted) Pestka and Janet (Ron) Goldensoph of DeWitt; a son, Steve (Cindy) Kinney of Kenney, Illinois; 16 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; 3 great-great-grandchildren; a daughter-in-law, Jane Kinney of Lost Nation, Iowa; sisters-in-law, Grace Kinney of Grand Mound and Lydia Kinney of Marion, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Agnes in death, in addition to her husband, were her parents; a son, Charles; brothers, Lawrence, Leo, Bernie and Chuck; and sisters, Lorraine Grubich, Leona Kinney and Florence Cahill.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 until 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 11, 2012, in St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt, with the Reverend Father Paul Connolly officiating. Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. A memorial fund has been established.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Kevin Kinney, Tom, Scott and Ryan Eastron, Ray Pestka and Chris and Cory Goldensoph. Honorary pallbearers will be granddaughters, Michelle Kinney, Joelle Stoddard, Charleen Kilburg, Robbi Olson, Amy Leasure, Katie Goldensoph, Kim James, Stacy Traver and Melanie Kinney.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 7, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines