FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
Mrs. Agnes M. Kinney, 92, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Saturday evening, July 7, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, DeWitt.
Mrs. Kinney, the former Agnes Mary Grubich, was born May 28, 1920, at Lake Benton, Minnesota, to Charles R. and Margaret V. (Peter) Grubich. Agnes was united in marriage to Edward Kinney on November 8, 1938, at Lake Benton. The couple farmed for many years, until retirement in 1986, when they moved to DeWitt. As well as being a mother and farm wife, Agnes also did housekeeping, baby-sitting and caregiving. She sorted seed corn seasonally for 58 years. Her husband, Ed, preceded her in death on October 6, 1996.
She was a former member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound., and the Altar and Rosary Society. Currently, Agnes was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt. She enjoyed cooking, baking, playing cards, family gatherings and especially the time she was able to spend with her many grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Agnes loved trying new recipes out for her family, and if they liked it, she made more for others. She also was proud of the fact that she took her very first airplane ride at age 80 with her oldest grandson, Kevin, as pilot.
Surviving are daughters, Barb (Chuck) Easton of Davenport, Iowa; Loreen (Ted) Pestka and Janet (Ron) Goldensoph of DeWitt; a son, Steve (Cindy) Kinney of Kenney, Illinois; 16 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; 3 great-great-grandchildren; a daughter-in-law, Jane Kinney of Lost Nation, Iowa; sisters-in-law, Grace Kinney of Grand Mound and Lydia Kinney of Marion, Iowa; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Agnes in death, in addition to her husband, were her parents; a son, Charles; brothers, Lawrence, Leo, Bernie and Chuck; and sisters, Lorraine Grubich, Leona Kinney and Florence Cahill.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 4 until 7 p.m. Tuesday, July 10, 2012, with a vigil service at 7 p.m. The Liturgy of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, July 11, 2012, in St. Joseph Catholic Church, DeWitt, with the Reverend Father Paul Connolly officiating. Burial will follow in Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. A memorial fund has been established.
Pallbearers will be grandsons, Kevin Kinney, Tom, Scott and Ryan Eastron, Ray Pestka and Chris and Cory Goldensoph. Honorary pallbearers will be granddaughters, Michelle Kinney, Joelle Stoddard, Charleen Kilburg, Robbi Olson, Amy Leasure, Katie Goldensoph, Kim James, Stacy Traver and Melanie Kinney.
Condolences are welcomed and a photo tribute may be viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 7, 2012
FULTON, Ill. —
May 28, 1920 - July 7, 2012
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines