Oct. 22, 1941 - March 13, 2013
Jack Peter Mojeiko, 71, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Mercy Living Center on March 13, 2013.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a celebration of his life to take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, March 18, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will be at the Rock Island Arsenal. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Jack was born October 22, 1941, in Rock Island, Illinois, the son of Walter and Norma (Hink) Mojeiko. He was a 1959 graduate of Clinton High School. He entered the United States Air Force immediately following high school serving his country from 1959 to 1963 as an air traffic controller.
Upon returning from service, Jack worked with his Dad at Climax, formerly Waukesha Motors, in South Clinton as a pattern maker. Jack also owned and operated the “Brass Rail” in Clinton, Iowa. He retired from Dairy Pak after 20 plus years.
Jack was very involved in the Eagles Club, he was past president and a lifetime member. He was also a member of the AMVETS.
Jack is survived by his two daughters, Jodi (Ken) Housenga of Fulton, IL, and Vicki (John) Gruhn of Sabula, IA; two sons, Richard (Ann) Mojeiko of Clinton, IA, and Ryan (Angela) Mojeiko of Clinton, IA; nine grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two sisters, Sandra Grobstick of Cummings, GA, and Lori (David) Espey of Camanche, IA; and one brother, Don (Carol) Mojeiko of Sarasota, FL.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one daughter, Debbie.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 13, 2013
Oct. 22, 1941 - March 13, 2013
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Robert J. Wolf Sr. Robert J. Wolf Sr. Sept. 26, 1935 - April 13, 2014 ELDRIDGE -- Funeral services and Mass of Christian Burial for Robert J. Wolf, Sr., 78, a resident of Eldridge, Iowa will be 6:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at Our Lady of the River Catholic Chur
- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Sarena Dickey Weyeneth Jan. 13, 1923 - April 9, 2014 ROANOKE, Ill. -- Sarena Dickey Weyeneth, 91, formerly of Roanoke, Illinois, died peacefully in her sleep at the Robin Johnson Hospice House in Dallas, North Carolina at 9:29p.m. on Wednesday, April
- Dolores Mae Struve Dolores Mae Struve May 1, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Dolores Mae Struve, age 82, of Clinton, died Saturday Apr. 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, Apr. 16th, at St. Joh
- Virginia M. A. Petersen Virginia M. A. Petersen Oct. 27, 1910 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Virginia M. A. Petersen, 103, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the Alverno. Graveside Services will be 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- More Obituaries Headlines