Oct. 22, 1941 - March 13, 2013
Jack Peter Mojeiko, 71, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Mercy Living Center on March 13, 2013.
Cremation rights have been accorded with a celebration of his life to take place from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Monday, March 18, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will be at the Rock Island Arsenal. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Jack was born October 22, 1941, in Rock Island, Illinois, the son of Walter and Norma (Hink) Mojeiko. He was a 1959 graduate of Clinton High School. He entered the United States Air Force immediately following high school serving his country from 1959 to 1963 as an air traffic controller.
Upon returning from service, Jack worked with his Dad at Climax, formerly Waukesha Motors, in South Clinton as a pattern maker. Jack also owned and operated the “Brass Rail” in Clinton, Iowa. He retired from Dairy Pak after 20 plus years.
Jack was very involved in the Eagles Club, he was past president and a lifetime member. He was also a member of the AMVETS.
Jack is survived by his two daughters, Jodi (Ken) Housenga of Fulton, IL, and Vicki (John) Gruhn of Sabula, IA; two sons, Richard (Ann) Mojeiko of Clinton, IA, and Ryan (Angela) Mojeiko of Clinton, IA; nine grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; two sisters, Sandra Grobstick of Cummings, GA, and Lori (David) Espey of Camanche, IA; and one brother, Don (Carol) Mojeiko of Sarasota, FL.
He was preceded in death by his parents and one daughter, Debbie.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 13, 2013
Oct. 22, 1941 - March 13, 2013
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines