Aug. 2, 1920 - March 18, 2013
Ella M. Sweeny, 92, of Clinton, died Monday, March 18, 2013, at the Bickford Cottage, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church in Clinton. Visitation will be Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Ella Marie Langschwager was born on August 2, 1920, in Olin, Iowa, the daughter of William and Mabel (Cave) Langschwager.
She was a 1939 graduate of Clinton High School. She married Harvey R. Fatchett on July 13, 1940. He was killed in action during World War II in the Philippines. She later married Kermit P. Sweeny Sr. on January 21, 1946, in Kansas City, Kansas; he died April 17, 1996.
During the war she worked for Luebers and Bell. She also managed the VFW in Savanna in1968.
Ella enjoyed watching her son coach basketball, football and track, enjoyed watching her grandchildren’s events, playing cards, keno and fishing. She was a former member of Grace Episcopal Church.
Ella is survived by one daughter, Sandra (Allan) Hartman of Clinton; one son, Kermit (Wendy) Sweeny of Worland, Wyoming; 7 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren; one sister, Eva (Charles) Hreha of Minneapolis, Minnesota; and several nieces and nephews.
Ella was preceded in death by her parents, both husbands and two brothers.
Memorials can be made to the Honor Flight of the Quad Cities or the Disabled American Veterans.
Death date: March 18, 2013
Aug. 2, 1920 - March 18, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines