Aug. 2, 1920 - March 18, 2013
Ella M. Sweeny, 92, of Clinton, died Monday, March 18, 2013, at the Bickford Cottage, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church in Clinton. Visitation will be Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Ella Marie Langschwager was born on August 2, 1920, in Olin, Iowa, the daughter of William and Mabel (Cave) Langschwager.
She was a 1939 graduate of Clinton High School. She married Harvey R. Fatchett on July 13, 1940. He was killed in action during World War II in the Philippines. She later married Kermit P. Sweeny Sr. on January 21, 1946, in Kansas City, Kansas; he died April 17, 1996.
During the war she worked for Luebers and Bell. She also managed the VFW in Savanna in1968.
Ella enjoyed watching her son coach basketball, football and track, enjoyed watching her grandchildren’s events, playing cards, keno and fishing. She was a former member of Grace Episcopal Church.
Ella is survived by one daughter, Sandra (Allan) Hartman of Clinton; one son, Kermit (Wendy) Sweeny of Worland, Wyoming; 7 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren; one sister, Eva (Charles) Hreha of Minneapolis, Minnesota; and several nieces and nephews.
Ella was preceded in death by her parents, both husbands and two brothers.
Memorials can be made to the Honor Flight of the Quad Cities or the Disabled American Veterans.
Death date: March 18, 2013
Aug. 2, 1920 - March 18, 2013
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines