Aug. 2, 1920 - March 18, 2013
Ella M. Sweeny, 92, of Clinton, died Monday, March 18, 2013, at the Bickford Cottage, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church in Clinton. Visitation will be Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Ella Marie Langschwager was born on August 2, 1920, in Olin, Iowa, the daughter of William and Mabel (Cave) Langschwager.
She was a 1939 graduate of Clinton High School. She married Harvey R. Fatchett on July 13, 1940. He was killed in action during World War II in the Philippines. She later married Kermit P. Sweeny Sr. on January 21, 1946, in Kansas City, Kansas; he died April 17, 1996.
During the war she worked for Luebers and Bell. She also managed the VFW in Savanna in1968.
Ella enjoyed watching her son coach basketball, football and track, enjoyed watching her grandchildren’s events, playing cards, keno and fishing. She was a former member of Grace Episcopal Church.
Ella is survived by one daughter, Sandra (Allan) Hartman of Clinton; one son, Kermit (Wendy) Sweeny of Worland, Wyoming; 7 grandchildren, 10 great-grandchildren; one sister, Eva (Charles) Hreha of Minneapolis, Minnesota; and several nieces and nephews.
Ella was preceded in death by her parents, both husbands and two brothers.
Memorials can be made to the Honor Flight of the Quad Cities or the Disabled American Veterans.
Death date: March 18, 2013
Aug. 2, 1920 - March 18, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines