Oct. 30, 1939 - March 25, 2013
Harold Sander, 73, of Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, left this life and entered into eternal rest on Monday, March 25, 2013.
Harold was born October 30, 1939, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Ray and Evangeline Grace (Broderson) Sander.
Visitation will be held Saturday, March 30, 2013, from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery.
Harold was an innocent soul who cared lovingly for others including his mother with Parkinson’s disease and his father after a hip fracture. He always had a sparkle in his eye when allowed to spend time with children.
Harold will be sadly missed by the many friends he made at Eagle point Nursing and Rehabilitation.
Surviving Harold are sisters, Elizabeth Lindstrom of Delmar; Grace (Walter) Knapper of Camanche and Rachel Estes of Clinton; brother, John of Clinton who was his constant companion; plus many nieces and nephews whom he dearly loved.
Preceding him in death were his parents and two brothers, August and infant, William.
Memorials may be made to Genesis Hospice.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 25, 2013
Oct. 30, 1939 - March 25, 2013
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines