Sept. 14, 1937 - Nov. 1, 2012
Kay S. Parchen-Wood, 75, of Clinton, died Thursday, November 1, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Monday, November 5, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Springdale Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Dru Legel, Vincenzo Mazzarisi, Tanner Jefferyes, Myron VanBuskirk, Dustin Templeton and Jeremiah Clark. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m. at the funeral home.
Kay Sharon Parchen was born on September 14, 1937, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Joseph and Dorles (Sexton) Parchen. She was a 1956 graduate of Clinton High School and also attended beauty college.
Kay owned and operated Woods Antiques for over 20 years. She also owned the Mane Event Salon for five years.
Kay was a slave of fashion, enjoying shopping, especially for antiques. She enjoyed reading and spending time with her grandchildren; she loved life.
Kay is survived by her son, Joseph (Theresa) Stevens of Bolingbrook, Illinois, four daughters: Kimberlee Dauphin of Clinton, Dori Liggins of Clinton, Bobbi Sue Legel of Clinton and Nichole (Gordon) Jefferyes of Clinton; 9 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
Kay was preceded in death by her parents; her grandson, Joseph; and her sister, Judith Michaelis.
Memorials can be made to the family. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 1, 2012
Sept. 14, 1937 - Nov. 1, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines