Sept. 14, 1937 - Nov. 1, 2012
Kay S. Parchen-Wood, 75, of Clinton, died Thursday, November 1, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Monday, November 5, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Springdale Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Dru Legel, Vincenzo Mazzarisi, Tanner Jefferyes, Myron VanBuskirk, Dustin Templeton and Jeremiah Clark. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m. at the funeral home.
Kay Sharon Parchen was born on September 14, 1937, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Joseph and Dorles (Sexton) Parchen. She was a 1956 graduate of Clinton High School and also attended beauty college.
Kay owned and operated Woods Antiques for over 20 years. She also owned the Mane Event Salon for five years.
Kay was a slave of fashion, enjoying shopping, especially for antiques. She enjoyed reading and spending time with her grandchildren; she loved life.
Kay is survived by her son, Joseph (Theresa) Stevens of Bolingbrook, Illinois, four daughters: Kimberlee Dauphin of Clinton, Dori Liggins of Clinton, Bobbi Sue Legel of Clinton and Nichole (Gordon) Jefferyes of Clinton; 9 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
Kay was preceded in death by her parents; her grandson, Joseph; and her sister, Judith Michaelis.
Memorials can be made to the family. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 1, 2012
Sept. 14, 1937 - Nov. 1, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines