Sept. 14, 1937 - Nov. 1, 2012
Kay S. Parchen-Wood, 75, of Clinton, died Thursday, November 1, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Monday, November 5, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Springdale Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Dru Legel, Vincenzo Mazzarisi, Tanner Jefferyes, Myron VanBuskirk, Dustin Templeton and Jeremiah Clark. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 6 p.m. at the funeral home.
Kay Sharon Parchen was born on September 14, 1937, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Joseph and Dorles (Sexton) Parchen. She was a 1956 graduate of Clinton High School and also attended beauty college.
Kay owned and operated Woods Antiques for over 20 years. She also owned the Mane Event Salon for five years.
Kay was a slave of fashion, enjoying shopping, especially for antiques. She enjoyed reading and spending time with her grandchildren; she loved life.
Kay is survived by her son, Joseph (Theresa) Stevens of Bolingbrook, Illinois, four daughters: Kimberlee Dauphin of Clinton, Dori Liggins of Clinton, Bobbi Sue Legel of Clinton and Nichole (Gordon) Jefferyes of Clinton; 9 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren.
Kay was preceded in death by her parents; her grandson, Joseph; and her sister, Judith Michaelis.
Memorials can be made to the family. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Nov. 1, 2012
Sept. 14, 1937 - Nov. 1, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines