Darlene W. Knapp
Nov. 5, 1945 - Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp, 67, of Sabula, Iowa, died on Wednesday, December 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque, Iowa.
A private graveside service and burial celebrating Darlene's life will be held from the Hickory Grove Cemetery, rural Monmouth, Iowa.
A public visitation and gathering for family and friends will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
Cremation will follow the visitation.
Darlene Wilma Heister was born on November 5, 1945, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Louis Lee and Wilma Helen (Carpenter) Heister.
She was a 1964 graduate of Delmar High School and married Frederick Knapp on January 14, 1967, in Iowa.
Upon her graduation, Darlene worked for the Speaker Factory in Sabula for several years until her marriage. She then worked for over 25 years at International Paper in Clinton, Iowa, as a machine operator until the plant closed in 2002. Lastly, she worked as a bartender for Orvas Hide-A-Way Tap in Preston until her retirement in 2010.
Darlene was an avid NASCAR fan with Dale Jarret being her favorite driver. She enjoyed reading and connecting with family and friends on Facebook as well playing games on her computer such as Jigsaw puzzles and Free Cell.
Those left to honor Darlene’s memory include her daughter, Pamela (Kevin Kinkaid) Knapp of Clinton, IA; a stepdaughter, Kerri Knapp of Camanche, IA; a brother, Donald (Linda Marcus) Heister of Davenport, IA; sisters, Joan Jones of Charlotte, IA, and Judy (Shack) Gardner of Carolina Beach, NC; 1 grandpuppy, Doodles; and several nieces and nephews and two great-great-nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Dan and Lewis Heister.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
Death date: Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines