Darlene W. Knapp
Nov. 5, 1945 - Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp, 67, of Sabula, Iowa, died on Wednesday, December 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque, Iowa.
A private graveside service and burial celebrating Darlene's life will be held from the Hickory Grove Cemetery, rural Monmouth, Iowa.
A public visitation and gathering for family and friends will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
Cremation will follow the visitation.
Darlene Wilma Heister was born on November 5, 1945, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Louis Lee and Wilma Helen (Carpenter) Heister.
She was a 1964 graduate of Delmar High School and married Frederick Knapp on January 14, 1967, in Iowa.
Upon her graduation, Darlene worked for the Speaker Factory in Sabula for several years until her marriage. She then worked for over 25 years at International Paper in Clinton, Iowa, as a machine operator until the plant closed in 2002. Lastly, she worked as a bartender for Orvas Hide-A-Way Tap in Preston until her retirement in 2010.
Darlene was an avid NASCAR fan with Dale Jarret being her favorite driver. She enjoyed reading and connecting with family and friends on Facebook as well playing games on her computer such as Jigsaw puzzles and Free Cell.
Those left to honor Darlene’s memory include her daughter, Pamela (Kevin Kinkaid) Knapp of Clinton, IA; a stepdaughter, Kerri Knapp of Camanche, IA; a brother, Donald (Linda Marcus) Heister of Davenport, IA; sisters, Joan Jones of Charlotte, IA, and Judy (Shack) Gardner of Carolina Beach, NC; 1 grandpuppy, Doodles; and several nieces and nephews and two great-great-nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Dan and Lewis Heister.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
Death date: Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines