Darlene W. Knapp
Nov. 5, 1945 - Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp, 67, of Sabula, Iowa, died on Wednesday, December 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque, Iowa.
A private graveside service and burial celebrating Darlene's life will be held from the Hickory Grove Cemetery, rural Monmouth, Iowa.
A public visitation and gathering for family and friends will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
Cremation will follow the visitation.
Darlene Wilma Heister was born on November 5, 1945, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Louis Lee and Wilma Helen (Carpenter) Heister.
She was a 1964 graduate of Delmar High School and married Frederick Knapp on January 14, 1967, in Iowa.
Upon her graduation, Darlene worked for the Speaker Factory in Sabula for several years until her marriage. She then worked for over 25 years at International Paper in Clinton, Iowa, as a machine operator until the plant closed in 2002. Lastly, she worked as a bartender for Orvas Hide-A-Way Tap in Preston until her retirement in 2010.
Darlene was an avid NASCAR fan with Dale Jarret being her favorite driver. She enjoyed reading and connecting with family and friends on Facebook as well playing games on her computer such as Jigsaw puzzles and Free Cell.
Those left to honor Darlene’s memory include her daughter, Pamela (Kevin Kinkaid) Knapp of Clinton, IA; a stepdaughter, Kerri Knapp of Camanche, IA; a brother, Donald (Linda Marcus) Heister of Davenport, IA; sisters, Joan Jones of Charlotte, IA, and Judy (Shack) Gardner of Carolina Beach, NC; 1 grandpuppy, Doodles; and several nieces and nephews and two great-great-nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Dan and Lewis Heister.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
Death date: Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks