Darlene W. Knapp
Nov. 5, 1945 - Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp, 67, of Sabula, Iowa, died on Wednesday, December 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center in Dubuque, Iowa.
A private graveside service and burial celebrating Darlene's life will be held from the Hickory Grove Cemetery, rural Monmouth, Iowa.
A public visitation and gathering for family and friends will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
Cremation will follow the visitation.
Darlene Wilma Heister was born on November 5, 1945, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Louis Lee and Wilma Helen (Carpenter) Heister.
She was a 1964 graduate of Delmar High School and married Frederick Knapp on January 14, 1967, in Iowa.
Upon her graduation, Darlene worked for the Speaker Factory in Sabula for several years until her marriage. She then worked for over 25 years at International Paper in Clinton, Iowa, as a machine operator until the plant closed in 2002. Lastly, she worked as a bartender for Orvas Hide-A-Way Tap in Preston until her retirement in 2010.
Darlene was an avid NASCAR fan with Dale Jarret being her favorite driver. She enjoyed reading and connecting with family and friends on Facebook as well playing games on her computer such as Jigsaw puzzles and Free Cell.
Those left to honor Darlene’s memory include her daughter, Pamela (Kevin Kinkaid) Knapp of Clinton, IA; a stepdaughter, Kerri Knapp of Camanche, IA; a brother, Donald (Linda Marcus) Heister of Davenport, IA; sisters, Joan Jones of Charlotte, IA, and Judy (Shack) Gardner of Carolina Beach, NC; 1 grandpuppy, Doodles; and several nieces and nephews and two great-great-nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers, Dan and Lewis Heister.
Online condolences may be left at www.CarsonAndSon.com.
Death date: Dec. 26, 2012
Darlene W. Knapp
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines