GOOSE LAKE —
Dec. 17, 1922 - Dec. 27, 2012
Alberta V. Young, age 90, of Goose Lake, Iowa, died Thursday, December 27, 2012.
A funeral service will be held 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013, at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston, with Pastor Greg Geier officiating. A visitation will be held from 9 to 10 a.m. prior to the service at the church. Burial will take place in the Center Grove Cemetery, rural Goose Lake. A visitation will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday. January 1, 2012, at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston.
Pallbearers will be her grandchildren and spouses, Dan and Sheila Bormann and Ryan and Marci Unruh; two grandchildren, Lance Bormann and Shelby Bormann; and two nephews, Steve Young and Lonnie Diercks.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Alberta’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Alberta was born on December 17, 1922, the daughter of John and Viola (Gielow) Stolk in rural Clinton, Iowa. She attended Goose Lake High School and graduated with the class of 1941. She married Meredith W. Young on February 3, 1942, in Kahoka, Missouri. Meredith died on August 31, 1993.
Alberta farmed with her husband for 30 years before retiring and moving to town in 1974. She also worked in the Goose Lake school lunchroom for 15 years. She was a member of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Preston, Iowa, where she taught Sunday school for over 40 years. Alberta was also a member of the Mary Circle and the Women of the Moose. Alberta loved playing card games and visiting with friends. Most of all, Alberta enjoyed spending time with family.
Alberta will be dearly missed by her daughter, Sandra Ann (Robert) Unruh of Charlotte, Iowa; two grandchildren, Sheila (Dan) Bormann of Clinton, Iowa, and Ryan (Marci) Unruh of DeWitt, Iowa; and two great-grandchildren, Lance and Shelby Bormann of Clinton.
Alberta was preceded in death by her parents John and Viola; and husband, Meredith.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
GOOSE LAKE —
Dec. 17, 1922 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines