GOOSE LAKE —
Dec. 17, 1922 - Dec. 27, 2012
Alberta V. Young, age 90, of Goose Lake, Iowa, died Thursday, December 27, 2012.
A funeral service will be held 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013, at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston, with Pastor Greg Geier officiating. A visitation will be held from 9 to 10 a.m. prior to the service at the church. Burial will take place in the Center Grove Cemetery, rural Goose Lake. A visitation will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday. January 1, 2012, at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston.
Pallbearers will be her grandchildren and spouses, Dan and Sheila Bormann and Ryan and Marci Unruh; two grandchildren, Lance Bormann and Shelby Bormann; and two nephews, Steve Young and Lonnie Diercks.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Alberta’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Alberta was born on December 17, 1922, the daughter of John and Viola (Gielow) Stolk in rural Clinton, Iowa. She attended Goose Lake High School and graduated with the class of 1941. She married Meredith W. Young on February 3, 1942, in Kahoka, Missouri. Meredith died on August 31, 1993.
Alberta farmed with her husband for 30 years before retiring and moving to town in 1974. She also worked in the Goose Lake school lunchroom for 15 years. She was a member of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Preston, Iowa, where she taught Sunday school for over 40 years. Alberta was also a member of the Mary Circle and the Women of the Moose. Alberta loved playing card games and visiting with friends. Most of all, Alberta enjoyed spending time with family.
Alberta will be dearly missed by her daughter, Sandra Ann (Robert) Unruh of Charlotte, Iowa; two grandchildren, Sheila (Dan) Bormann of Clinton, Iowa, and Ryan (Marci) Unruh of DeWitt, Iowa; and two great-grandchildren, Lance and Shelby Bormann of Clinton.
Alberta was preceded in death by her parents John and Viola; and husband, Meredith.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
GOOSE LAKE —
Dec. 17, 1922 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines