GOOSE LAKE —
Dec. 17, 1922 - Dec. 27, 2012
Alberta V. Young, age 90, of Goose Lake, Iowa, died Thursday, December 27, 2012.
A funeral service will be held 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013, at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston, with Pastor Greg Geier officiating. A visitation will be held from 9 to 10 a.m. prior to the service at the church. Burial will take place in the Center Grove Cemetery, rural Goose Lake. A visitation will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday. January 1, 2012, at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston.
Pallbearers will be her grandchildren and spouses, Dan and Sheila Bormann and Ryan and Marci Unruh; two grandchildren, Lance Bormann and Shelby Bormann; and two nephews, Steve Young and Lonnie Diercks.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Alberta’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Alberta was born on December 17, 1922, the daughter of John and Viola (Gielow) Stolk in rural Clinton, Iowa. She attended Goose Lake High School and graduated with the class of 1941. She married Meredith W. Young on February 3, 1942, in Kahoka, Missouri. Meredith died on August 31, 1993.
Alberta farmed with her husband for 30 years before retiring and moving to town in 1974. She also worked in the Goose Lake school lunchroom for 15 years. She was a member of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Preston, Iowa, where she taught Sunday school for over 40 years. Alberta was also a member of the Mary Circle and the Women of the Moose. Alberta loved playing card games and visiting with friends. Most of all, Alberta enjoyed spending time with family.
Alberta will be dearly missed by her daughter, Sandra Ann (Robert) Unruh of Charlotte, Iowa; two grandchildren, Sheila (Dan) Bormann of Clinton, Iowa, and Ryan (Marci) Unruh of DeWitt, Iowa; and two great-grandchildren, Lance and Shelby Bormann of Clinton.
Alberta was preceded in death by her parents John and Viola; and husband, Meredith.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
GOOSE LAKE —
Dec. 17, 1922 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines