GOOSE LAKE —
Dec. 17, 1922 - Dec. 27, 2012
Alberta V. Young, age 90, of Goose Lake, Iowa, died Thursday, December 27, 2012.
A funeral service will be held 10 a.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013, at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston, with Pastor Greg Geier officiating. A visitation will be held from 9 to 10 a.m. prior to the service at the church. Burial will take place in the Center Grove Cemetery, rural Goose Lake. A visitation will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. Tuesday. January 1, 2012, at St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church, Preston.
Pallbearers will be her grandchildren and spouses, Dan and Sheila Bormann and Ryan and Marci Unruh; two grandchildren, Lance Bormann and Shelby Bormann; and two nephews, Steve Young and Lonnie Diercks.
In lieu of flowers, a memorial fund has been established in Alberta’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Alberta was born on December 17, 1922, the daughter of John and Viola (Gielow) Stolk in rural Clinton, Iowa. She attended Goose Lake High School and graduated with the class of 1941. She married Meredith W. Young on February 3, 1942, in Kahoka, Missouri. Meredith died on August 31, 1993.
Alberta farmed with her husband for 30 years before retiring and moving to town in 1974. She also worked in the Goose Lake school lunchroom for 15 years. She was a member of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Preston, Iowa, where she taught Sunday school for over 40 years. Alberta was also a member of the Mary Circle and the Women of the Moose. Alberta loved playing card games and visiting with friends. Most of all, Alberta enjoyed spending time with family.
Alberta will be dearly missed by her daughter, Sandra Ann (Robert) Unruh of Charlotte, Iowa; two grandchildren, Sheila (Dan) Bormann of Clinton, Iowa, and Ryan (Marci) Unruh of DeWitt, Iowa; and two great-grandchildren, Lance and Shelby Bormann of Clinton.
Alberta was preceded in death by her parents John and Viola; and husband, Meredith.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
GOOSE LAKE —
Dec. 17, 1922 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines