Feb. 14, 1927 - Dec. 28, 2012
William F. “Uncle Willie” Reafsnider, age 85, of Clinton, passed away Friday, December 28, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2013, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday, January 1, at the funeral home. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Michael, Brian and James Reafsnider, Tom Dopson, Nate Kreinbrink and Steve Hartman.
Bill was born in Clinton on February 14, 1927, the son of Lester and Ruth (Cawley) Reafsnider. He graduated from Lyons High School in 1945. Bill served with the U.S. Army in the South Pacific during World War II. He was a painter with Herman Nelson Company in Morrison for several years and later worked as an operator with Collis Company. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Eagle Club and the former Odeon Club. He enjoyed socializing and bowling and had been a member of the Saturday Night Mixed bowling league at the Plaza for over 40 years. Bill was a Chicago Bear, Iowa Hawkeye and an avid Chicago Cub fan.
Bill is survived by his brother, David (Donna) Reafsnider of Clinton; nieces and nephews, Michael, Brian, Lois, James and Bruce Reafsnider, Debra Stewart, Patricia Bird, Joy Whitney and Del Lutz; and his extended family, Paula and Tom Dopson, Nate, Ashley, Alijah and Emerson Kreinbrink; Amber and Alysse Trenkamp and Joyce and Steve Hartman.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Paul; and two sisters, Elizabeth and Mary. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Dec. 28, 2012
Feb. 14, 1927 - Dec. 28, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines