MORRISON, Ill. —
Jan. 14, 1915 - Dec. 25, 2012
John S. Boland, 97, of Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison, died Tuesday, December 25, 2012, at the nursing home.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, January 5, 2013, at the Morrison United Methodist Church. The Rev. Dan Schenck, pastor of Morrison United Methodist Church, and Pastor Steve Harmon, pastor of Open Bible Fellowship in Morrison, will officiate.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in Grove Hill Cemetery, Morrison.
Memorials may be made to Morrison United Methodist Church and Harmony Foundation International, Inc., which supports Youth in Harmony in schools and summer camps, 110 Seventh Ave. North Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37203.
He was born January 14, 1915, in Paris, Ill., to Chester Risser and Olive (Swank) Boland.
John was educated in the Paris Grade Schools and was a graduate of Paris High School, Paris, IL. He received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois.
He married Marjorie Hammer on June 4, 1939, in Morrison; she died February 12, 1995.
John was first employed by the Farm Bureau Extension Service in Monmouth, IL. He later worked as an assistant farm advisor for the Whiteside County Farm Bureau in Morrison, IL. He then farmed in Whiteside County and Clark County, IL.
John was a member of the Morrison United Methodist Church, the S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. Barbershop Chorus in Sterling, IL, the Whiteside County Farm Bureau and the Republican party.
His special interests included barbershop harmony singing.
Survivors include one son, John Richard (Diane) Boland of Coarsegold, CA; one daughter-in-law, Mary K. (Don) Heinzel of Peoria, IL; five grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, one son, Roger Lee Boland; and one brother, Howard Chester Boland.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Dec. 25, 2012
MORRISON, Ill. —
Jan. 14, 1915 - Dec. 25, 2012
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines