GRAND MOUND —
Sept. 16, 1936 - Jan. 1, 2013
Dale Henry Peters, 76, of Maquoketa, Iowa, formerly of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday morning, January 1, 2013, in his home.
Dale was born September 16, 1936, in Clinton, Iowa, to Lester George Fredrick and Mildred Fern (Bird) Peters. He was a graduate of Welton High School. On September 13, 1959, Dale was united in marriage to Judith Joy Petersen in the Low Moor United Methodist Church. Dale served in the Army in Stuttgart, Germany, for several years where his oldest daughter was born. Dale farmed for many years at rural Grand Mound, and was self-employed as a mechanic. He also had been employed by Eller Construction at Eldridge and Liqui Grow in DeWitt.
He was a member of the United Methodist Church of DeWitt and a former member of the school board for Central Community Schools. Dale raced stock cars in Maquoketa and Tipton for 14 years and was known as the “flying farmer.” He was an avid collector and restorer of antique tractors. Dale and Judy also enjoyed riding in tractorcades and traveling to many foreign countries together.
Surviving is the love of his life, Judy, of 53 years; daughters and sons-in-law, Jill and Randy Franzen of Maquoketa and Jayne and John Watters of Andrew, Iowa; grandchildren, Jarett (fiancee, Riley Diercks), Nathan Watters and Kyle Watters; sisters and brothers-in-law, Millicent and Donald Hunsaker of Casstown, Ohio, Madelyn and Steven Olsen of Marion, Iowa, Nancy and Lonnie Blackwell of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Nadine and Dick Sojka of Solon, Iowa; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Preceding Dale in death were his parents.
The family will greet relatives and friends at the United Methodist Church of DeWitt from 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. A Service of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, in the United Methodist Church, DeWitt. The Reverend Chuck Kelsey will officiate. Military rites and burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Alfred Casad, Tom Casad, Donnie Haack, Rick Ryan, Russell Rock, Doug Toenjes, Ray Flammang and Alan Stampe.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com. Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, is caring for the arrangements.
Death date: Jan. 1, 2013
GRAND MOUND —
Sept. 16, 1936 - Jan. 1, 2013
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines