GRAND MOUND —
Sept. 16, 1936 - Jan. 1, 2013
Dale Henry Peters, 76, of Maquoketa, Iowa, formerly of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Tuesday morning, January 1, 2013, in his home.
Dale was born September 16, 1936, in Clinton, Iowa, to Lester George Fredrick and Mildred Fern (Bird) Peters. He was a graduate of Welton High School. On September 13, 1959, Dale was united in marriage to Judith Joy Petersen in the Low Moor United Methodist Church. Dale served in the Army in Stuttgart, Germany, for several years where his oldest daughter was born. Dale farmed for many years at rural Grand Mound, and was self-employed as a mechanic. He also had been employed by Eller Construction at Eldridge and Liqui Grow in DeWitt.
He was a member of the United Methodist Church of DeWitt and a former member of the school board for Central Community Schools. Dale raced stock cars in Maquoketa and Tipton for 14 years and was known as the “flying farmer.” He was an avid collector and restorer of antique tractors. Dale and Judy also enjoyed riding in tractorcades and traveling to many foreign countries together.
Surviving is the love of his life, Judy, of 53 years; daughters and sons-in-law, Jill and Randy Franzen of Maquoketa and Jayne and John Watters of Andrew, Iowa; grandchildren, Jarett (fiancee, Riley Diercks), Nathan Watters and Kyle Watters; sisters and brothers-in-law, Millicent and Donald Hunsaker of Casstown, Ohio, Madelyn and Steven Olsen of Marion, Iowa, Nancy and Lonnie Blackwell of Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and Nadine and Dick Sojka of Solon, Iowa; nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
Preceding Dale in death were his parents.
The family will greet relatives and friends at the United Methodist Church of DeWitt from 2 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. A Service of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, in the United Methodist Church, DeWitt. The Reverend Chuck Kelsey will officiate. Military rites and burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Pallbearers will be Alfred Casad, Tom Casad, Donnie Haack, Rick Ryan, Russell Rock, Doug Toenjes, Ray Flammang and Alan Stampe.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com. Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, is caring for the arrangements.
Death date: Jan. 1, 2013
GRAND MOUND —
Sept. 16, 1936 - Jan. 1, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines