FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 3, 1942 - Jan. 2, 2013
Nora K. Wood, age 70, of Fulton, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton, IA.
Nora was born November 3, 1942 in Rock Island, IL the daughter of Richard and Anna Louise (White) Kennedy. She was employed as a beautician early in her life and later retired from Swiss Colony Call Center in Clinton. She married James Wood on April 8, 1976 in Milan, IL. Nora was a loving and devoted wife, mother, grandmother “Nanni,” and a loyal friend to many. She was very talented artistically with her painting and drawing.
Survivors include her husband, James of Fulton; two daughters, Dana (William) Barnett-Owens of Evanston, IL and Bridget (Kevin) McRae-Kurtz of Clinton, IA; three sons, Christopher (Andrea) Barnett, Patrick Wood and James Wood all of Fulton; one sister, Bridget (Stephen) Hull of Winter Haven, FL; three brothers, Michael (Darlene) Kennedy of Bettendorf, IA, Patrick (Linda) Kennedy and Casey Kennedy both of Rock Island, IL; ten grandchildren, Katie Barnett, Alyssa Barnett and Brianna Barnett all of Morrison, IL; Larson Barnett and Connor Barnett both of Fulton, IL; Alexander Owens and Abigail Owens both of Evanston, IL; Anna Louise Kurtz and Brady James William Kurtz both of Clinton, IA; and Natalie Wood of Clinton, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her first husband, Lawrence Barnett; and her second husband, William McRae.
Visitation will be Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 1 – 3 p.m. and Sunday, January 6, 2013 from noon – 1 p.m. at the McDonald Funeral Home in Fulton. Funeral services will be Sunday at 1:00 p.m. with Deacon Michael Sheil officiating.
A memorial has been established to the Susan G. Koman Foundation for the cure.
Online condolences may be sent to www.mcdonaldfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 2, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 3, 1942 - Jan. 2, 2013
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines