FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 3, 1942 - Jan. 2, 2013
Nora K. Wood, age 70, of Fulton, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton, IA.
Nora was born November 3, 1942 in Rock Island, IL the daughter of Richard and Anna Louise (White) Kennedy. She was employed as a beautician early in her life and later retired from Swiss Colony Call Center in Clinton. She married James Wood on April 8, 1976 in Milan, IL. Nora was a loving and devoted wife, mother, grandmother “Nanni,” and a loyal friend to many. She was very talented artistically with her painting and drawing.
Survivors include her husband, James of Fulton; two daughters, Dana (William) Barnett-Owens of Evanston, IL and Bridget (Kevin) McRae-Kurtz of Clinton, IA; three sons, Christopher (Andrea) Barnett, Patrick Wood and James Wood all of Fulton; one sister, Bridget (Stephen) Hull of Winter Haven, FL; three brothers, Michael (Darlene) Kennedy of Bettendorf, IA, Patrick (Linda) Kennedy and Casey Kennedy both of Rock Island, IL; ten grandchildren, Katie Barnett, Alyssa Barnett and Brianna Barnett all of Morrison, IL; Larson Barnett and Connor Barnett both of Fulton, IL; Alexander Owens and Abigail Owens both of Evanston, IL; Anna Louise Kurtz and Brady James William Kurtz both of Clinton, IA; and Natalie Wood of Clinton, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her first husband, Lawrence Barnett; and her second husband, William McRae.
Visitation will be Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 1 – 3 p.m. and Sunday, January 6, 2013 from noon – 1 p.m. at the McDonald Funeral Home in Fulton. Funeral services will be Sunday at 1:00 p.m. with Deacon Michael Sheil officiating.
A memorial has been established to the Susan G. Koman Foundation for the cure.
Online condolences may be sent to www.mcdonaldfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 2, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 3, 1942 - Jan. 2, 2013
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- Mary Anne Knox Mary Anne Knox May 26, 1928 - Dec. 2, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Anne Knox, 85, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on December 2, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 7 at the Greater True Love Baptis
- Dorothy M. Schaver Dorothy M. Schaver Oct. 4, 1927 - Dec. 3, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Dorothy M. Schaver, 86, of Fulton, died Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 7, 2013, at the Trinity Reformed Church i
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines