FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 3, 1942 - Jan. 2, 2013
Nora K. Wood, age 70, of Fulton, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton, IA.
Nora was born November 3, 1942 in Rock Island, IL the daughter of Richard and Anna Louise (White) Kennedy. She was employed as a beautician early in her life and later retired from Swiss Colony Call Center in Clinton. She married James Wood on April 8, 1976 in Milan, IL. Nora was a loving and devoted wife, mother, grandmother “Nanni,” and a loyal friend to many. She was very talented artistically with her painting and drawing.
Survivors include her husband, James of Fulton; two daughters, Dana (William) Barnett-Owens of Evanston, IL and Bridget (Kevin) McRae-Kurtz of Clinton, IA; three sons, Christopher (Andrea) Barnett, Patrick Wood and James Wood all of Fulton; one sister, Bridget (Stephen) Hull of Winter Haven, FL; three brothers, Michael (Darlene) Kennedy of Bettendorf, IA, Patrick (Linda) Kennedy and Casey Kennedy both of Rock Island, IL; ten grandchildren, Katie Barnett, Alyssa Barnett and Brianna Barnett all of Morrison, IL; Larson Barnett and Connor Barnett both of Fulton, IL; Alexander Owens and Abigail Owens both of Evanston, IL; Anna Louise Kurtz and Brady James William Kurtz both of Clinton, IA; and Natalie Wood of Clinton, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her first husband, Lawrence Barnett; and her second husband, William McRae.
Visitation will be Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 1 – 3 p.m. and Sunday, January 6, 2013 from noon – 1 p.m. at the McDonald Funeral Home in Fulton. Funeral services will be Sunday at 1:00 p.m. with Deacon Michael Sheil officiating.
A memorial has been established to the Susan G. Koman Foundation for the cure.
Online condolences may be sent to www.mcdonaldfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 2, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 3, 1942 - Jan. 2, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines