FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 3, 1942 - Jan. 2, 2013
Nora K. Wood, age 70, of Fulton, passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton, IA.
Nora was born November 3, 1942 in Rock Island, IL the daughter of Richard and Anna Louise (White) Kennedy. She was employed as a beautician early in her life and later retired from Swiss Colony Call Center in Clinton. She married James Wood on April 8, 1976 in Milan, IL. Nora was a loving and devoted wife, mother, grandmother “Nanni,” and a loyal friend to many. She was very talented artistically with her painting and drawing.
Survivors include her husband, James of Fulton; two daughters, Dana (William) Barnett-Owens of Evanston, IL and Bridget (Kevin) McRae-Kurtz of Clinton, IA; three sons, Christopher (Andrea) Barnett, Patrick Wood and James Wood all of Fulton; one sister, Bridget (Stephen) Hull of Winter Haven, FL; three brothers, Michael (Darlene) Kennedy of Bettendorf, IA, Patrick (Linda) Kennedy and Casey Kennedy both of Rock Island, IL; ten grandchildren, Katie Barnett, Alyssa Barnett and Brianna Barnett all of Morrison, IL; Larson Barnett and Connor Barnett both of Fulton, IL; Alexander Owens and Abigail Owens both of Evanston, IL; Anna Louise Kurtz and Brady James William Kurtz both of Clinton, IA; and Natalie Wood of Clinton, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her first husband, Lawrence Barnett; and her second husband, William McRae.
Visitation will be Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 1 – 3 p.m. and Sunday, January 6, 2013 from noon – 1 p.m. at the McDonald Funeral Home in Fulton. Funeral services will be Sunday at 1:00 p.m. with Deacon Michael Sheil officiating.
A memorial has been established to the Susan G. Koman Foundation for the cure.
Online condolences may be sent to www.mcdonaldfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 2, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 3, 1942 - Jan. 2, 2013
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines