Aug. 30, 1923 - Jan. 3, 2013
Marion C. Droste age 89 of Clinton passed away Thursday, January 3, 2013 at Eagle Point Nursing Home. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, January 7, 2013 at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. Sunday, January 6th at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery.
Marion was born in Orion, IL on August 30, 1923, the daughter of Clifford and Lillie (Anderson) Carlson. She graduated from Sherrard High School and attended Browns Business College in Rock Island. Marion married Arnold Droste on May 30, 1944 in St. Boniface Church, Clinton. Arnold passed away on March 25, 2003.
Marion was employed at Kresges and later at K-Mart, retiring in 1985. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and a former member of the Women of the Moose. She enjoyed crocheting, cooking, dancing, and all the social activities at Eagle Point.
Marion is survived by a son, Ronald (Marie) Droste of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada; a daughter, Marla (George) Pasdirtz of Egg Harbor, WI; three grandchildren, Shannon Dolan, Nicole (Chris) Russell and André Droste; three great grandchildren, Brandon, Jaydon and Ashton; a brother, Raymond (Betty) Carlson of Orion, IL and a sister-in-law, Mary Droste of Clinton.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, two sisters in infancy and a stepbrother.
The family would like to thank the staff at Eagle Point for their loving care of Marion. Memorials may be made to Masses or family wishes. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 3, 2013
Aug. 30, 1923 - Jan. 3, 2013
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines