January 30, 1943 - December 17, 2012
William B. Barber, age 69, of Clinton, IA died on December 17, 2012 at 5:09pm in University Hospital, Iowa City, IA.
Bill was the oldest of three sons born to Washington Henry and Tracie (Brunk) Barber Schoenig.
His surviving brothers are Jay (Mel) Barber of Tuscola, IL and Tim (Nancy) Barber, of Champaign, IL, as well as many nieces, nephews and cousins.
At an early age, Bill accepted Jesus as Savior, along with his dad and was baptized in the Clinton Church of Christ on Comanche Avenue.
This began a long history of working, not only with his home congregation, but also with several others in various towns where he lived. He enjoyed studying, teaching, some preaching and serving in many other capacities where needed. He was ordained at Northwest Christian Church on 1/30/1994. He attended Lincoln Christian College for a semester in 1967.
Bill worked in a variety of places, including a gas station, several grocery stores, at Empty Tomb, Inc. in Champaign, IL as their furniture coordinator and self-employed producing rubber stamps and engraving, a security guard, and a nursing home chaplain until retiring.
He loved reading, watching the Waltons reruns, movies of all kinds, cooking, monthly family get togethers and the annual Barber reunion.
A memorial service is planned for Saturday, January 12, 2013, 11:00am at the Clinton Church of Christ with visitation an hour before service time.
Memorial gifts may be made to the Clinton Church of Christ, Clinton, IA.
January 30, 1943 - December 17, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines