January 30, 1943 - December 17, 2012
William B. Barber, age 69, of Clinton, IA died on December 17, 2012 at 5:09pm in University Hospital, Iowa City, IA.
Bill was the oldest of three sons born to Washington Henry and Tracie (Brunk) Barber Schoenig.
His surviving brothers are Jay (Mel) Barber of Tuscola, IL and Tim (Nancy) Barber, of Champaign, IL, as well as many nieces, nephews and cousins.
At an early age, Bill accepted Jesus as Savior, along with his dad and was baptized in the Clinton Church of Christ on Comanche Avenue.
This began a long history of working, not only with his home congregation, but also with several others in various towns where he lived. He enjoyed studying, teaching, some preaching and serving in many other capacities where needed. He was ordained at Northwest Christian Church on 1/30/1994. He attended Lincoln Christian College for a semester in 1967.
Bill worked in a variety of places, including a gas station, several grocery stores, at Empty Tomb, Inc. in Champaign, IL as their furniture coordinator and self-employed producing rubber stamps and engraving, a security guard, and a nursing home chaplain until retiring.
He loved reading, watching the Waltons reruns, movies of all kinds, cooking, monthly family get togethers and the annual Barber reunion.
A memorial service is planned for Saturday, January 12, 2013, 11:00am at the Clinton Church of Christ with visitation an hour before service time.
Memorial gifts may be made to the Clinton Church of Christ, Clinton, IA.
January 30, 1943 - December 17, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines