January 30, 1943 - December 17, 2012
William B. Barber, age 69, of Clinton, IA died on December 17, 2012 at 5:09pm in University Hospital, Iowa City, IA.
Bill was the oldest of three sons born to Washington Henry and Tracie (Brunk) Barber Schoenig.
His surviving brothers are Jay (Mel) Barber of Tuscola, IL and Tim (Nancy) Barber, of Champaign, IL, as well as many nieces, nephews and cousins.
At an early age, Bill accepted Jesus as Savior, along with his dad and was baptized in the Clinton Church of Christ on Comanche Avenue.
This began a long history of working, not only with his home congregation, but also with several others in various towns where he lived. He enjoyed studying, teaching, some preaching and serving in many other capacities where needed. He was ordained at Northwest Christian Church on 1/30/1994. He attended Lincoln Christian College for a semester in 1967.
Bill worked in a variety of places, including a gas station, several grocery stores, at Empty Tomb, Inc. in Champaign, IL as their furniture coordinator and self-employed producing rubber stamps and engraving, a security guard, and a nursing home chaplain until retiring.
He loved reading, watching the Waltons reruns, movies of all kinds, cooking, monthly family get togethers and the annual Barber reunion.
A memorial service is planned for Saturday, January 12, 2013, 11:00am at the Clinton Church of Christ with visitation an hour before service time.
Memorial gifts may be made to the Clinton Church of Christ, Clinton, IA.
January 30, 1943 - December 17, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines