January 30, 1943 - December 17, 2012
William B. Barber, age 69, of Clinton, IA died on December 17, 2012 at 5:09pm in University Hospital, Iowa City, IA.
Bill was the oldest of three sons born to Washington Henry and Tracie (Brunk) Barber Schoenig.
His surviving brothers are Jay (Mel) Barber of Tuscola, IL and Tim (Nancy) Barber, of Champaign, IL, as well as many nieces, nephews and cousins.
At an early age, Bill accepted Jesus as Savior, along with his dad and was baptized in the Clinton Church of Christ on Comanche Avenue.
This began a long history of working, not only with his home congregation, but also with several others in various towns where he lived. He enjoyed studying, teaching, some preaching and serving in many other capacities where needed. He was ordained at Northwest Christian Church on 1/30/1994. He attended Lincoln Christian College for a semester in 1967.
Bill worked in a variety of places, including a gas station, several grocery stores, at Empty Tomb, Inc. in Champaign, IL as their furniture coordinator and self-employed producing rubber stamps and engraving, a security guard, and a nursing home chaplain until retiring.
He loved reading, watching the Waltons reruns, movies of all kinds, cooking, monthly family get togethers and the annual Barber reunion.
A memorial service is planned for Saturday, January 12, 2013, 11:00am at the Clinton Church of Christ with visitation an hour before service time.
Memorial gifts may be made to the Clinton Church of Christ, Clinton, IA.
January 30, 1943 - December 17, 2012
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines