Carol J. Dettner
March 18, 1926-Jan. 17, 2013
CLINTON — Carol J. Dettner, age 86, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, January 17, 2013, at Eagle Point Nursing Home.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 21, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, January 20, at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery.
Carol was born in Garden Plain, Illinois, on March 18, 1926, the daughter of Clifford and Joahanna (Wiersema) Parker. She graduated from Lyons High School. She married Herbert W. Dettner on June 16, 1946, in Clinton. Herb passed away on July 12, 2007. Carol was employed with Petersen Von Maur of Clinton, Brumer Dudley Jewelers and with her sister-in-law, Roberta, owned and operated Parker-Dettner Estate Sales. She was a member of the First Congregational Church UCC and the Red Hat Ladies. She enjoyed collecting antiques, gardening, making wreaths and crafting.
Carol is survived by two sons, Marty Dettner and William “Bill” Dettner, both of Fulton; two grandchildren, Bob Dettner and Elaine Dettner both of Fulton; two sisters, Elaine Shannon of Miles and Audrey Williams of Louisville, KY; four brothers, Bud (Lou) Parker of Clinton, Paul (Barb) Parker of Moline, IL, Cliff (Tina) Parker of Florida, and Walt Parker of Minneapolis, MN; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son Jim, three brothers Roland, Irvin and Bob, and a sister Marge.
Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 17, 2013
Carol J. Dettner
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines