Carol J. Dettner
March 18, 1926-Jan. 17, 2013
CLINTON — Carol J. Dettner, age 86, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, January 17, 2013, at Eagle Point Nursing Home.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 21, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, January 20, at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery.
Carol was born in Garden Plain, Illinois, on March 18, 1926, the daughter of Clifford and Joahanna (Wiersema) Parker. She graduated from Lyons High School. She married Herbert W. Dettner on June 16, 1946, in Clinton. Herb passed away on July 12, 2007. Carol was employed with Petersen Von Maur of Clinton, Brumer Dudley Jewelers and with her sister-in-law, Roberta, owned and operated Parker-Dettner Estate Sales. She was a member of the First Congregational Church UCC and the Red Hat Ladies. She enjoyed collecting antiques, gardening, making wreaths and crafting.
Carol is survived by two sons, Marty Dettner and William “Bill” Dettner, both of Fulton; two grandchildren, Bob Dettner and Elaine Dettner both of Fulton; two sisters, Elaine Shannon of Miles and Audrey Williams of Louisville, KY; four brothers, Bud (Lou) Parker of Clinton, Paul (Barb) Parker of Moline, IL, Cliff (Tina) Parker of Florida, and Walt Parker of Minneapolis, MN; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son Jim, three brothers Roland, Irvin and Bob, and a sister Marge.
Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 17, 2013
Carol J. Dettner
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines