Carol J. Dettner
March 18, 1926-Jan. 17, 2013
CLINTON — Carol J. Dettner, age 86, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, January 17, 2013, at Eagle Point Nursing Home.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 21, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 3 to 5 p.m. Sunday, January 20, at the funeral home. Burial will be in Oakland Cemetery.
Carol was born in Garden Plain, Illinois, on March 18, 1926, the daughter of Clifford and Joahanna (Wiersema) Parker. She graduated from Lyons High School. She married Herbert W. Dettner on June 16, 1946, in Clinton. Herb passed away on July 12, 2007. Carol was employed with Petersen Von Maur of Clinton, Brumer Dudley Jewelers and with her sister-in-law, Roberta, owned and operated Parker-Dettner Estate Sales. She was a member of the First Congregational Church UCC and the Red Hat Ladies. She enjoyed collecting antiques, gardening, making wreaths and crafting.
Carol is survived by two sons, Marty Dettner and William “Bill” Dettner, both of Fulton; two grandchildren, Bob Dettner and Elaine Dettner both of Fulton; two sisters, Elaine Shannon of Miles and Audrey Williams of Louisville, KY; four brothers, Bud (Lou) Parker of Clinton, Paul (Barb) Parker of Moline, IL, Cliff (Tina) Parker of Florida, and Walt Parker of Minneapolis, MN; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son Jim, three brothers Roland, Irvin and Bob, and a sister Marge.
Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 17, 2013
Carol J. Dettner
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines