Eila J. Payson
Jan. 20, 1921-Feb. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Eila J. Payson, 92, of Clinton, died Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Eila Johanna Meader was born on January 20, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Johanna (Luckritz) Meader. She was a 1939 graduate of Lyons High School. She married Robert L. Payson on April 18, 1943, in Clinton; he died April 27, 1975.
Eila was a secretary at Abstract & Title Guaranty Company and attorneys Petersen & Petersen, O.M Halsrud, Petersen, Petersen & Eddy, and Mayer, Mayer, & Mayer.
Eila was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aide and Altar Guild. A former member of Phi Sima Alpha Sorority, Tri-S Women’s Club, the Clinton Humane Society, Daughter of the American Revolution, Mercy Medical Auxiliary and a volunteer at its thrift shop, the American Legion Auxiliary, the Clinton Women’s Club, charter member of the Women’s Club Foundation, Camanche Reading Circle, the Camanche VFW Auxiliary and Clinton Republican Women. In earlier years, she had been a den mother for Cub Scouts and a Brownie and Girl Scout leader.
She is survived by a son, Michael (Sharon) Payson of Spokane Valley, Washington; a daughter, Patricia Payson of Fennimore, Wisconsin; one grandchild; three great-grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and twelve stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and three brothers and four sisters.
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to Mary Jessen for her care of Eila over the past few years.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to Trinity Lutheran Church, the Clinton Humane Society, the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
Death date: Feb. 5, 2013
Eila J. Payson
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines