Eila J. Payson
Jan. 20, 1921-Feb. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Eila J. Payson, 92, of Clinton, died Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Eila Johanna Meader was born on January 20, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Johanna (Luckritz) Meader. She was a 1939 graduate of Lyons High School. She married Robert L. Payson on April 18, 1943, in Clinton; he died April 27, 1975.
Eila was a secretary at Abstract & Title Guaranty Company and attorneys Petersen & Petersen, O.M Halsrud, Petersen, Petersen & Eddy, and Mayer, Mayer, & Mayer.
Eila was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aide and Altar Guild. A former member of Phi Sima Alpha Sorority, Tri-S Women’s Club, the Clinton Humane Society, Daughter of the American Revolution, Mercy Medical Auxiliary and a volunteer at its thrift shop, the American Legion Auxiliary, the Clinton Women’s Club, charter member of the Women’s Club Foundation, Camanche Reading Circle, the Camanche VFW Auxiliary and Clinton Republican Women. In earlier years, she had been a den mother for Cub Scouts and a Brownie and Girl Scout leader.
She is survived by a son, Michael (Sharon) Payson of Spokane Valley, Washington; a daughter, Patricia Payson of Fennimore, Wisconsin; one grandchild; three great-grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and twelve stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and three brothers and four sisters.
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to Mary Jessen for her care of Eila over the past few years.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to Trinity Lutheran Church, the Clinton Humane Society, the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
Death date: Feb. 5, 2013
Eila J. Payson
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines