Eila J. Payson
Jan. 20, 1921-Feb. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Eila J. Payson, 92, of Clinton, died Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Eila Johanna Meader was born on January 20, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Johanna (Luckritz) Meader. She was a 1939 graduate of Lyons High School. She married Robert L. Payson on April 18, 1943, in Clinton; he died April 27, 1975.
Eila was a secretary at Abstract & Title Guaranty Company and attorneys Petersen & Petersen, O.M Halsrud, Petersen, Petersen & Eddy, and Mayer, Mayer, & Mayer.
Eila was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aide and Altar Guild. A former member of Phi Sima Alpha Sorority, Tri-S Women’s Club, the Clinton Humane Society, Daughter of the American Revolution, Mercy Medical Auxiliary and a volunteer at its thrift shop, the American Legion Auxiliary, the Clinton Women’s Club, charter member of the Women’s Club Foundation, Camanche Reading Circle, the Camanche VFW Auxiliary and Clinton Republican Women. In earlier years, she had been a den mother for Cub Scouts and a Brownie and Girl Scout leader.
She is survived by a son, Michael (Sharon) Payson of Spokane Valley, Washington; a daughter, Patricia Payson of Fennimore, Wisconsin; one grandchild; three great-grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and twelve stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and three brothers and four sisters.
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to Mary Jessen for her care of Eila over the past few years.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to Trinity Lutheran Church, the Clinton Humane Society, the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
Death date: Feb. 5, 2013
Eila J. Payson
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines