Eila J. Payson
Jan. 20, 1921-Feb. 5, 2013
CLINTON — Eila J. Payson, 92, of Clinton, died Tuesday, February 5, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 1 p.m. Saturday, February 9, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Eila Johanna Meader was born on January 20, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Johanna (Luckritz) Meader. She was a 1939 graduate of Lyons High School. She married Robert L. Payson on April 18, 1943, in Clinton; he died April 27, 1975.
Eila was a secretary at Abstract & Title Guaranty Company and attorneys Petersen & Petersen, O.M Halsrud, Petersen, Petersen & Eddy, and Mayer, Mayer, & Mayer.
Eila was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aide and Altar Guild. A former member of Phi Sima Alpha Sorority, Tri-S Women’s Club, the Clinton Humane Society, Daughter of the American Revolution, Mercy Medical Auxiliary and a volunteer at its thrift shop, the American Legion Auxiliary, the Clinton Women’s Club, charter member of the Women’s Club Foundation, Camanche Reading Circle, the Camanche VFW Auxiliary and Clinton Republican Women. In earlier years, she had been a den mother for Cub Scouts and a Brownie and Girl Scout leader.
She is survived by a son, Michael (Sharon) Payson of Spokane Valley, Washington; a daughter, Patricia Payson of Fennimore, Wisconsin; one grandchild; three great-grandchildren; four stepgrandchildren; and twelve stepgreat-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband and three brothers and four sisters.
The family wishes to extend their gratitude to Mary Jessen for her care of Eila over the past few years.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to Trinity Lutheran Church, the Clinton Humane Society, the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.
Death date: Feb. 5, 2013
Eila J. Payson
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines