FULTON, Ill. —
Feb. 2, 1944 - Feb. 11, 2013
Vernon R. Collins, 69, of Fulton, died Monday, February 11, 2013, at the Alverno health care facility, Clinton.
Vern was born on February 2, 1944, in Savanna, IL, the son of Radke V. and Gladys L. (Petersen) Collins. He graduated from Sabula High School, Sabula, IA, in 1962, and earned his BA degree from Western Illinois University in 1980. He served in the U.S. Navy during the Vietnam Conflict era; he was stationed in Pensacola, FL, and was assigned to the U.S.S. Cambria. He served in Adak, AK, and was deployed to San Miguel, Philippines.
He married Suzanne Richman on April 22, 1967, in Miles, IA.
He was employed by Ralston Purina (Clinton) for 31 years, retiring on September 25, 2001. Vern was a member of the Second Reformed Church, Fulton, and was a member of the choir. He was a former member and past commander of the Fulton American Legion, former member and worshipful master of the Sabula Masonic Lodge AF&AM, the Shriners Lodge of Clinton, IA. He was also an avid hunter. He was a member of the Clinton Municipal Band where he played the tuba. He was the former auctioneer for the Clinton County Heart Association annual fundraiser. He was the former chairman of the Fulton Zoning Committee. When he was junior high age he also worked as a commercial fisherman in Sabula, IA. He was an outstanding husband, father and grandfather of whom was gifted with his love and generosity. He was a hard worker and loved life.
Survivors include his wife, Sue, of Fulton, IL; 1 daughter, Rhonda (Paul) Mussmann of Clinton, IA; a son, Daniel V. (Lisa) Collins of Eldridge, IA; 5 grandchildren: Hunter Daniel Collins, Alexander Paul Mussmann, Riley Danielle Collins, Nicholas Paul Mussmann and Alisha Renee Mussmann; and 1 sister, Karen (Lee) Foxworthy of Kansas City, MO.
He is preceded in death by his parents.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, February 13, 2013, in the McDonald Funeral Home, Fulton, IL. Funeral services will be 10 a.m. Thursday, February 14, 2013, in the McDonald Funeral Home, Fulton, IL, with Reverend Tom Loyola of the Evangelical Free Church, Clinton, IA, officiating. Burial will be in the Fulton Township Cemetery, Fulton, IL. A memorial has been established to Second Reformed Church, Fulton, or to Medical Associates, Clinton, IA, Diabetic Forum.
To leave online condolences visit mcdonaldfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Feb. 11, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Feb. 2, 1944 - Feb. 11, 2013
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen