LE MARS —
Oct. 25, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2013
Henry Edenfield Jr., 90, of Le Mars, Iowa, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Friday, February 8, 2013, at the Good Samaritan Society in Le Mars, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, February 16, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, E.L.C.A. in Le Mars. Reverend Gary Landsness will officiate. Burial, with military rites, will be at a later date in Memorial Cemetery in Le Mars. Visitation with the family present will be after 4 p.m. Friday, February 15, 2013, with a Masonic service at 7 p.m., all at Carlsen Funeral Home in Le Mars. Visitation will resume one hour prior to the service on Saturday at the church. Expressions of sympathy can be extended to the family through www.carlsenfuneralhome.com.
Henry Otice Edenfield Jr. was born October 25, 1922, in Register, GA, the son of Henry and Mary “Mamie” (Lindsey) Edenfield. Henry grew up traveling with his father moving throughout the country helping build production factories for Dupont. During this time, Henry attended 43 different schools while gaining his education.
Following his schooling, he entered the United States Army in September of 1940. He served his country during the WWII era. During this time, he was united in marriage to Eleanor Norton on September 19, 1942, in Colorado Springs, CO. Following his medical discharge in May of 1943, they moved to Georgia. Henry worked for Southeastern Storage and Demerge for 3 years. They then moved to California, he worked for a company that repaired tools for the airline industry. In 1947, they moved to the Clinton, Iowa area. Henry went to work for Dupont, working in the cellophane plant near Clinton. In 1982, he retired after 35 years of service. They continued to live in Clinton until 1999 when they moved to Le Mars to be near their daughter, Carol.
While living in the Clinton area, he was a member of the Elvira Lutheran Church, having served on the church council and taught Sunday school and confirmation classes. He was active in the Junior Achievement program in Clinton. He was a member of the American Legion in Miles, IA for over 34 years. He was also active in the Masonic lodge, Scottish rites, and the Shrine. He was a “hospital dad” for the Shrine, taking children to Shrine hospitals. One of his greatest past times was woodworking, building furniture and toys. He enjoyed listening to jazz music, playing cards, and to go rock hunting. Later in life, he enjoyed doing genealogy and keeping in touch with his many friends through email. Through the years, he and Eleanor enjoyed traveling and taking road trips throughout the United States. He will be greatly missed.
Survivors include his wife of over 70 years, Eleanor, of Le Mars; his daughter, Carol (Ted) Hallberg of Le Mars and their daughter, Kajsa; a son-in-law, Chuck Mallory of Clinton, IA; a sister-in-law, Jan Norton of Fulton, IL, and her daughters, Suzanne Cruse and Katrina Norton and her children, Brennin and Conner; his cousins: Sally King Bloom of Seattle, WA, and her children, Lindsey Klecan (Matthew Slaughter) of New Hampshire and their children, Nicholas and Jacob, and Leslie Klecan (Fred Thieme) of Oregon and their children, Grace and Helen, and Marlys (Gerald) Smith of DeWitt, IA.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter, Faith Mallory; a sister, Mary Edenfield; a brother-in-law, Glenn Norton; and a cousin, James Harley.
Death date: Feb. 8, 2013
LE MARS —
Oct. 25, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines