LE MARS —
Oct. 25, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2013
Henry Edenfield Jr., 90, of Le Mars, Iowa, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Friday, February 8, 2013, at the Good Samaritan Society in Le Mars, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, February 16, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, E.L.C.A. in Le Mars. Reverend Gary Landsness will officiate. Burial, with military rites, will be at a later date in Memorial Cemetery in Le Mars. Visitation with the family present will be after 4 p.m. Friday, February 15, 2013, with a Masonic service at 7 p.m., all at Carlsen Funeral Home in Le Mars. Visitation will resume one hour prior to the service on Saturday at the church. Expressions of sympathy can be extended to the family through www.carlsenfuneralhome.com.
Henry Otice Edenfield Jr. was born October 25, 1922, in Register, GA, the son of Henry and Mary “Mamie” (Lindsey) Edenfield. Henry grew up traveling with his father moving throughout the country helping build production factories for Dupont. During this time, Henry attended 43 different schools while gaining his education.
Following his schooling, he entered the United States Army in September of 1940. He served his country during the WWII era. During this time, he was united in marriage to Eleanor Norton on September 19, 1942, in Colorado Springs, CO. Following his medical discharge in May of 1943, they moved to Georgia. Henry worked for Southeastern Storage and Demerge for 3 years. They then moved to California, he worked for a company that repaired tools for the airline industry. In 1947, they moved to the Clinton, Iowa area. Henry went to work for Dupont, working in the cellophane plant near Clinton. In 1982, he retired after 35 years of service. They continued to live in Clinton until 1999 when they moved to Le Mars to be near their daughter, Carol.
While living in the Clinton area, he was a member of the Elvira Lutheran Church, having served on the church council and taught Sunday school and confirmation classes. He was active in the Junior Achievement program in Clinton. He was a member of the American Legion in Miles, IA for over 34 years. He was also active in the Masonic lodge, Scottish rites, and the Shrine. He was a “hospital dad” for the Shrine, taking children to Shrine hospitals. One of his greatest past times was woodworking, building furniture and toys. He enjoyed listening to jazz music, playing cards, and to go rock hunting. Later in life, he enjoyed doing genealogy and keeping in touch with his many friends through email. Through the years, he and Eleanor enjoyed traveling and taking road trips throughout the United States. He will be greatly missed.
Survivors include his wife of over 70 years, Eleanor, of Le Mars; his daughter, Carol (Ted) Hallberg of Le Mars and their daughter, Kajsa; a son-in-law, Chuck Mallory of Clinton, IA; a sister-in-law, Jan Norton of Fulton, IL, and her daughters, Suzanne Cruse and Katrina Norton and her children, Brennin and Conner; his cousins: Sally King Bloom of Seattle, WA, and her children, Lindsey Klecan (Matthew Slaughter) of New Hampshire and their children, Nicholas and Jacob, and Leslie Klecan (Fred Thieme) of Oregon and their children, Grace and Helen, and Marlys (Gerald) Smith of DeWitt, IA.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter, Faith Mallory; a sister, Mary Edenfield; a brother-in-law, Glenn Norton; and a cousin, James Harley.
Death date: Feb. 8, 2013
LE MARS —
Oct. 25, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines