LE MARS —
Oct. 25, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2013
Henry Edenfield Jr., 90, of Le Mars, Iowa, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Friday, February 8, 2013, at the Good Samaritan Society in Le Mars, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, February 16, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, E.L.C.A. in Le Mars. Reverend Gary Landsness will officiate. Burial, with military rites, will be at a later date in Memorial Cemetery in Le Mars. Visitation with the family present will be after 4 p.m. Friday, February 15, 2013, with a Masonic service at 7 p.m., all at Carlsen Funeral Home in Le Mars. Visitation will resume one hour prior to the service on Saturday at the church. Expressions of sympathy can be extended to the family through www.carlsenfuneralhome.com.
Henry Otice Edenfield Jr. was born October 25, 1922, in Register, GA, the son of Henry and Mary “Mamie” (Lindsey) Edenfield. Henry grew up traveling with his father moving throughout the country helping build production factories for Dupont. During this time, Henry attended 43 different schools while gaining his education.
Following his schooling, he entered the United States Army in September of 1940. He served his country during the WWII era. During this time, he was united in marriage to Eleanor Norton on September 19, 1942, in Colorado Springs, CO. Following his medical discharge in May of 1943, they moved to Georgia. Henry worked for Southeastern Storage and Demerge for 3 years. They then moved to California, he worked for a company that repaired tools for the airline industry. In 1947, they moved to the Clinton, Iowa area. Henry went to work for Dupont, working in the cellophane plant near Clinton. In 1982, he retired after 35 years of service. They continued to live in Clinton until 1999 when they moved to Le Mars to be near their daughter, Carol.
While living in the Clinton area, he was a member of the Elvira Lutheran Church, having served on the church council and taught Sunday school and confirmation classes. He was active in the Junior Achievement program in Clinton. He was a member of the American Legion in Miles, IA for over 34 years. He was also active in the Masonic lodge, Scottish rites, and the Shrine. He was a “hospital dad” for the Shrine, taking children to Shrine hospitals. One of his greatest past times was woodworking, building furniture and toys. He enjoyed listening to jazz music, playing cards, and to go rock hunting. Later in life, he enjoyed doing genealogy and keeping in touch with his many friends through email. Through the years, he and Eleanor enjoyed traveling and taking road trips throughout the United States. He will be greatly missed.
Survivors include his wife of over 70 years, Eleanor, of Le Mars; his daughter, Carol (Ted) Hallberg of Le Mars and their daughter, Kajsa; a son-in-law, Chuck Mallory of Clinton, IA; a sister-in-law, Jan Norton of Fulton, IL, and her daughters, Suzanne Cruse and Katrina Norton and her children, Brennin and Conner; his cousins: Sally King Bloom of Seattle, WA, and her children, Lindsey Klecan (Matthew Slaughter) of New Hampshire and their children, Nicholas and Jacob, and Leslie Klecan (Fred Thieme) of Oregon and their children, Grace and Helen, and Marlys (Gerald) Smith of DeWitt, IA.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter, Faith Mallory; a sister, Mary Edenfield; a brother-in-law, Glenn Norton; and a cousin, James Harley.
Death date: Feb. 8, 2013
LE MARS —
Oct. 25, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2013
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines