LE MARS —
Oct. 25, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2013
Henry Edenfield Jr., 90, of Le Mars, Iowa, formerly of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Friday, February 8, 2013, at the Good Samaritan Society in Le Mars, Iowa.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Saturday, February 16, 2013, at St. John’s Lutheran Church, E.L.C.A. in Le Mars. Reverend Gary Landsness will officiate. Burial, with military rites, will be at a later date in Memorial Cemetery in Le Mars. Visitation with the family present will be after 4 p.m. Friday, February 15, 2013, with a Masonic service at 7 p.m., all at Carlsen Funeral Home in Le Mars. Visitation will resume one hour prior to the service on Saturday at the church. Expressions of sympathy can be extended to the family through www.carlsenfuneralhome.com.
Henry Otice Edenfield Jr. was born October 25, 1922, in Register, GA, the son of Henry and Mary “Mamie” (Lindsey) Edenfield. Henry grew up traveling with his father moving throughout the country helping build production factories for Dupont. During this time, Henry attended 43 different schools while gaining his education.
Following his schooling, he entered the United States Army in September of 1940. He served his country during the WWII era. During this time, he was united in marriage to Eleanor Norton on September 19, 1942, in Colorado Springs, CO. Following his medical discharge in May of 1943, they moved to Georgia. Henry worked for Southeastern Storage and Demerge for 3 years. They then moved to California, he worked for a company that repaired tools for the airline industry. In 1947, they moved to the Clinton, Iowa area. Henry went to work for Dupont, working in the cellophane plant near Clinton. In 1982, he retired after 35 years of service. They continued to live in Clinton until 1999 when they moved to Le Mars to be near their daughter, Carol.
While living in the Clinton area, he was a member of the Elvira Lutheran Church, having served on the church council and taught Sunday school and confirmation classes. He was active in the Junior Achievement program in Clinton. He was a member of the American Legion in Miles, IA for over 34 years. He was also active in the Masonic lodge, Scottish rites, and the Shrine. He was a “hospital dad” for the Shrine, taking children to Shrine hospitals. One of his greatest past times was woodworking, building furniture and toys. He enjoyed listening to jazz music, playing cards, and to go rock hunting. Later in life, he enjoyed doing genealogy and keeping in touch with his many friends through email. Through the years, he and Eleanor enjoyed traveling and taking road trips throughout the United States. He will be greatly missed.
Survivors include his wife of over 70 years, Eleanor, of Le Mars; his daughter, Carol (Ted) Hallberg of Le Mars and their daughter, Kajsa; a son-in-law, Chuck Mallory of Clinton, IA; a sister-in-law, Jan Norton of Fulton, IL, and her daughters, Suzanne Cruse and Katrina Norton and her children, Brennin and Conner; his cousins: Sally King Bloom of Seattle, WA, and her children, Lindsey Klecan (Matthew Slaughter) of New Hampshire and their children, Nicholas and Jacob, and Leslie Klecan (Fred Thieme) of Oregon and their children, Grace and Helen, and Marlys (Gerald) Smith of DeWitt, IA.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his daughter, Faith Mallory; a sister, Mary Edenfield; a brother-in-law, Glenn Norton; and a cousin, James Harley.
Death date: Feb. 8, 2013
LE MARS —
Oct. 25, 1922 - Feb. 8, 2013
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines