July 28, 1928 - Feb. 17, 2013
John E. Ward, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Sunday, February 17, 2013, at his home. Services will be private. There will be no visitation; the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
John was born July 28, 1928, in Noxie, OK, the son of John J. and Ruby (Hugaboom) Ward. He was educated in the Wann, OK, schools. John was a United States Air Force veteran. He was employed at Interstate Power for 34 years, retiring in 1988. He was a lifetime member of IBEW Local 949.
John married Mary Rose Darsidan in 1955 in Las Vegas, NV.
Survivors include his wife, Rose, of Clinton; sons, Terry L. Ward and John R. Ward of Lawrence, KS; daughters, Paula (Craig) Vulich of Kenosha, WI, and Patti (Brian) Brown of Clinton; grandchildren, Eric Brown of Davenport; Brooke Vulich of Kenosha, WI and Caitlin Vulich of Milwaukee, WI; sister, Beatrice Neill of West Bend, WI, half brothers, Dean Roberts of Shawnee, KS, and Allen (Kathy) Roberts of Bartlesville, OK; half sisters, Zella (Roy) Olson of Porter, Indiana, and Betty Paul of Independence, MO; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, mother, stepfather, sister, half sister and half brother.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 17, 2013
July 28, 1928 - Feb. 17, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines