July 28, 1928 - Feb. 17, 2013
John E. Ward, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Sunday, February 17, 2013, at his home. Services will be private. There will be no visitation; the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
John was born July 28, 1928, in Noxie, OK, the son of John J. and Ruby (Hugaboom) Ward. He was educated in the Wann, OK, schools. John was a United States Air Force veteran. He was employed at Interstate Power for 34 years, retiring in 1988. He was a lifetime member of IBEW Local 949.
John married Mary Rose Darsidan in 1955 in Las Vegas, NV.
Survivors include his wife, Rose, of Clinton; sons, Terry L. Ward and John R. Ward of Lawrence, KS; daughters, Paula (Craig) Vulich of Kenosha, WI, and Patti (Brian) Brown of Clinton; grandchildren, Eric Brown of Davenport; Brooke Vulich of Kenosha, WI and Caitlin Vulich of Milwaukee, WI; sister, Beatrice Neill of West Bend, WI, half brothers, Dean Roberts of Shawnee, KS, and Allen (Kathy) Roberts of Bartlesville, OK; half sisters, Zella (Roy) Olson of Porter, Indiana, and Betty Paul of Independence, MO; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father, mother, stepfather, sister, half sister and half brother.
Memorials may be made to Mercy Hospice.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 17, 2013
July 28, 1928 - Feb. 17, 2013
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines