Sept. 23, 1920 - Feb. 15, 2013
Cleo “Mac” McDevitt, age 92, of Clinton, passed away Friday, February 15, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North.
In following Mac’s wishes, cremations rites have been accorded. A Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 22, 2013, at Prince of Peace Parish. A gathering of family and friends will take place from 9 a.m. until the service time Friday at the church. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Mac was born in DeWitt on September 23, 1920, the son of Frank and Loretta (Naughton) McDevitt. He graduated from Calamus High School in 1938. Mac married Irene “Tooty” Schanze on June 6, 1940, at St. James Catholic Church in Toronto, Iowa. Mac and Tooty farmed in the Clinton area. Mac retired from Carstensen Freight Lines after 37 years. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Fulton Country Club, Loyal Order of Moose and the AMVETS. While in high school, Mac was a Midwest Area Golden Gloves Boxing Champion. He enjoyed his family and many friends, swimming, golfing and was an avid sports fan, following both the Iowa Hawkeyes and Wisconsin Badgers.
Mac is survived by his wife, Tooty; two sons, Ronald (Ginger) McDevitt of Newport Beach, CA, and Patrick (Lorelei) McDevitt of Austin, TX; three grandchildren, Ron II (Nikki) McDevitt, Deborah McDevitt and Sean (Rena) McDevitt; two great-grandchildren, Sydney and Josh; a sister, Mildred Drummond of Davenport; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Gene; and five sisters, Veronica, Madonna, Geraldine, Kathleen and Betty.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that donations be sent to Clinton High School Boosters (Swimming) c/o R. Farwell at 343 5th Ave. S., Clinton, IA. 52732.
Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 15, 2013
Sept. 23, 1920 - Feb. 15, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines