Sept. 23, 1920 - Feb. 15, 2013
Cleo “Mac” McDevitt, age 92, of Clinton, passed away Friday, February 15, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North.
In following Mac’s wishes, cremations rites have been accorded. A Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. on Friday, February 22, 2013, at Prince of Peace Parish. A gathering of family and friends will take place from 9 a.m. until the service time Friday at the church. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Mac was born in DeWitt on September 23, 1920, the son of Frank and Loretta (Naughton) McDevitt. He graduated from Calamus High School in 1938. Mac married Irene “Tooty” Schanze on June 6, 1940, at St. James Catholic Church in Toronto, Iowa. Mac and Tooty farmed in the Clinton area. Mac retired from Carstensen Freight Lines after 37 years. He was a member of Prince of Peace Parish, Fulton Country Club, Loyal Order of Moose and the AMVETS. While in high school, Mac was a Midwest Area Golden Gloves Boxing Champion. He enjoyed his family and many friends, swimming, golfing and was an avid sports fan, following both the Iowa Hawkeyes and Wisconsin Badgers.
Mac is survived by his wife, Tooty; two sons, Ronald (Ginger) McDevitt of Newport Beach, CA, and Patrick (Lorelei) McDevitt of Austin, TX; three grandchildren, Ron II (Nikki) McDevitt, Deborah McDevitt and Sean (Rena) McDevitt; two great-grandchildren, Sydney and Josh; a sister, Mildred Drummond of Davenport; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother, Gene; and five sisters, Veronica, Madonna, Geraldine, Kathleen and Betty.
In lieu of flowers, the family has requested that donations be sent to Clinton High School Boosters (Swimming) c/o R. Farwell at 343 5th Ave. S., Clinton, IA. 52732.
Online condolences can be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Feb. 15, 2013
Sept. 23, 1920 - Feb. 15, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines