Sept. 12, 1948-Aug. 29, 2012
John William Ryan, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away suddenly on Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at his home.
Funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. on Friday, August 31, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements. Pallbearers will be Allen Ryan, Michael Gouty, Michael Powell, Ryan Taylor, Andrew Ryan, Brian Powell, Gary Ryan and Austin Taylor.
John was born September 12, 1948, in Cresco, Iowa, the son of Clarence and Florence (Miller) Ryan. John married Patricia Hayton-Proud on January 9, 1968.
John worked at Central Steele until the plant closed and currently worked at Collis for the past 25 years. He enjoyed working on cars and going to auctions and spending time with his family.
John is survived by his loving wife of 43 years, Pat; two daughters, Patty Taylor of Cedar Rapids, Penny (Bill) Wagoner of Clinton; two sons, Rodney Proud of Clinton, Jack (Jennifer) Ryan of Clinton; twelve grandchildren, Trisha Taylor, Austin (Jess) Taylor, Jenni (Brian) Johnson, Ryan (Amber) Taylor, Brian (Kayleigh) Powell, Michael (Nicole) Powell, Ashley Wagoner, Michael Gouty, Gracie Ramsey, A.J. and Andrew Ryan, Jessika Jones; seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 29, 2012
Sept. 12, 1948-Aug. 29, 2012
- Ida Mae Balk Ida Mae Balk July 5, 1921 - Dec. 18, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Ida Mae Balk, 92, of Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison; formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison. A funeral service will be held at
- David "Dave" L. Brinkmeier SAVANNA, Ill. -- David "Dave" L. Brinkmeier, 62, of Savanna, died Wednesday, at his home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the First United Methodist Church in Savanna, with Reverend Sejoon Jang officiating. Burial will take pla
- John Mark Maddy John Mark Maddy March 17, 1950 - Dec. 13, 2013 GHENT, Ky. -- John Mark Maddy, 63 of Ghent, Kentucky and formerly of Clinton, Iowa, passed away December 13, 2013. He was a loving husband, an amazing father, a caring brother, proud grandpa and trusted
- Gordon L. 'Gordie' Milroy Gordon L. "Gordie" Milroy Sept. 26, 1935 - Dec. 19, 2013 CLINTON -- Gordon L. "Gordie" Milroy, age 78, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, December 19, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. In following Gordon's wishes cremation rites have been accorded.
- Lisa A. Snodgrass OXFORD JUNCTION -- Lisa A. Snodgrass, 52, of Oxford Junction, died Wednesday, at her home in Oxford Junction. Friends and family may gather in remembrance of Lisa on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the bistro at the Carson Celebration of Life Center
- Kathryn Faye Patch MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Kathryn Faye Patch, 65, of Mount Carroll, died Wednesday at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount C
- Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter 1921 - Dec. 2, 2013 SALT LAKE CITY -- Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter, known to a generation of Webster Groves, Mo., and Chicago-area high school students as an inspirational and demanding English teacher and journalism advisor, di
- Ida Mae Balk MORRISON, Ill. -- Ida Mae Balk, 92, of Morrison, formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday, at Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. Visit
- Charles L. Allen Maquoketa Charles L. Allen Charles L. Allen, 89, of Maquoketa, died Wednesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Paul F. Christian Mount Carroll, Ill. Paul F. Christian Paul F. Christian, 54, of Mount Carroll, formerly of Pinole, Calif., died Tuesday, at Morrison Community Hospital. Arrangements are pending at the Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mt. Carroll.
- More Obituaries Headlines