Sept. 12, 1948-Aug. 29, 2012
John William Ryan, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away suddenly on Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at his home.
Funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. on Friday, August 31, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements. Pallbearers will be Allen Ryan, Michael Gouty, Michael Powell, Ryan Taylor, Andrew Ryan, Brian Powell, Gary Ryan and Austin Taylor.
John was born September 12, 1948, in Cresco, Iowa, the son of Clarence and Florence (Miller) Ryan. John married Patricia Hayton-Proud on January 9, 1968.
John worked at Central Steele until the plant closed and currently worked at Collis for the past 25 years. He enjoyed working on cars and going to auctions and spending time with his family.
John is survived by his loving wife of 43 years, Pat; two daughters, Patty Taylor of Cedar Rapids, Penny (Bill) Wagoner of Clinton; two sons, Rodney Proud of Clinton, Jack (Jennifer) Ryan of Clinton; twelve grandchildren, Trisha Taylor, Austin (Jess) Taylor, Jenni (Brian) Johnson, Ryan (Amber) Taylor, Brian (Kayleigh) Powell, Michael (Nicole) Powell, Ashley Wagoner, Michael Gouty, Gracie Ramsey, A.J. and Andrew Ryan, Jessika Jones; seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 29, 2012
Sept. 12, 1948-Aug. 29, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines