Sept. 12, 1948-Aug. 29, 2012
John William Ryan, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away suddenly on Wednesday, August 29, 2012, at his home.
Funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 1, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. on Friday, August 31, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. Burial will take place, following the funeral service, at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements. Pallbearers will be Allen Ryan, Michael Gouty, Michael Powell, Ryan Taylor, Andrew Ryan, Brian Powell, Gary Ryan and Austin Taylor.
John was born September 12, 1948, in Cresco, Iowa, the son of Clarence and Florence (Miller) Ryan. John married Patricia Hayton-Proud on January 9, 1968.
John worked at Central Steele until the plant closed and currently worked at Collis for the past 25 years. He enjoyed working on cars and going to auctions and spending time with his family.
John is survived by his loving wife of 43 years, Pat; two daughters, Patty Taylor of Cedar Rapids, Penny (Bill) Wagoner of Clinton; two sons, Rodney Proud of Clinton, Jack (Jennifer) Ryan of Clinton; twelve grandchildren, Trisha Taylor, Austin (Jess) Taylor, Jenni (Brian) Johnson, Ryan (Amber) Taylor, Brian (Kayleigh) Powell, Michael (Nicole) Powell, Ashley Wagoner, Michael Gouty, Gracie Ramsey, A.J. and Andrew Ryan, Jessika Jones; seven great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 29, 2012
Sept. 12, 1948-Aug. 29, 2012
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- Promise Rose Honeywell Promise Rose HoneywellJuly 7, 1977 - July 13, 2014LA CROSSE, Wis. — Promise Rose Honeywell, DC, 37, of La Crosse, Wisconsin, died Sunday, July 13, 2014 at her sister’s home in Blaine, Minnesota.She was born on July 7, 1977, to Robert and Therese (Wal
- Ethan Adam Olsen-McAllister CORTLAND, Ill. — Ethan Adam Olsen-McAllister, newborn son of Kristi and Tracie Olsen-McAllister of Cortland, died Friday at Kishwaukee Hospital in DeKalb.All services will be private.Death date: July 18, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DeWittBrenda AikenBrenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Bernice Viola Sander CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday at home.Memorial services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the Clinton Church of Christ. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.Death date: July 17, 2014
- Bernice V. Sander ClintonBernice V. SanderBernice V. Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday at home.Services are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines