May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
Madonna Ann Hansen, 84, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at her home on August 11, 2012.
Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 14, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, August 13, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, just west of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, mausoleum. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Madonna was born on May 24, 1928, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Marvin and Bernice (Beecher) Dierks. She was a 1946 graduate of Clinton High School. Madonna married William Vogt, August 1946; she later married John “Louie” Hansen on November 2, 1980.
She was a member of the Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Madonna was an insurance agent for Prudential Insurance for many years. She enjoyed reading, traveling, listening to music and shopping. She loved spending time with her family. Throughout her life she worked at various restaurants as a waitress where she met many of her lifelong friends.
Madonna is survived by four daughters, Carol (Frank) Cincola of Rock Island, Ill., Linda (Patrick) Burke of Wichita Falls, TX, Sharon (James) Pieczynski of Goose Lake, IA, Debra (James) Pope of Thomson, IL; two sons, William (Regina) Vogt of Forest, OH, David (Cheryl) Vogt of Chandler, AZ; 2 stepdaughters, Becky (Dallas) Kissinger of Fond du Lac, WI, Lori Jean (Douglas) Brown of Seffner, FL; one stepdaughter in-law, Esther Hansen-LeGleux of Port Allen LA; one stepson, Kurt (Sherrill) Hansen of Blue Grass, IA; 16 grandchildren, nine stepgrandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; 16 stepgreat-grandchildren; three sisters, Jean Smith of DeWitt IA, Norene Yopst of DeKalb, IL, Susie (Larry) Judd of Clinton, IA; one brother, James (Dalia) Dierks of Glendale CA; and one sister-in-law, Marlene Dierks of Phoenix, AZ.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Louie; one stepson, Mark; and two brothers, Jack and Marvin Dierks.
Memorials can be made to Mercy Home Care and Hospice, 638 South Bluff Blvd., Clinton, IA, 52732 (563-244-3766).
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines