May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
Madonna Ann Hansen, 84, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at her home on August 11, 2012.
Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 14, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, August 13, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, just west of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, mausoleum. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Madonna was born on May 24, 1928, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Marvin and Bernice (Beecher) Dierks. She was a 1946 graduate of Clinton High School. Madonna married William Vogt, August 1946; she later married John “Louie” Hansen on November 2, 1980.
She was a member of the Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Madonna was an insurance agent for Prudential Insurance for many years. She enjoyed reading, traveling, listening to music and shopping. She loved spending time with her family. Throughout her life she worked at various restaurants as a waitress where she met many of her lifelong friends.
Madonna is survived by four daughters, Carol (Frank) Cincola of Rock Island, Ill., Linda (Patrick) Burke of Wichita Falls, TX, Sharon (James) Pieczynski of Goose Lake, IA, Debra (James) Pope of Thomson, IL; two sons, William (Regina) Vogt of Forest, OH, David (Cheryl) Vogt of Chandler, AZ; 2 stepdaughters, Becky (Dallas) Kissinger of Fond du Lac, WI, Lori Jean (Douglas) Brown of Seffner, FL; one stepdaughter in-law, Esther Hansen-LeGleux of Port Allen LA; one stepson, Kurt (Sherrill) Hansen of Blue Grass, IA; 16 grandchildren, nine stepgrandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; 16 stepgreat-grandchildren; three sisters, Jean Smith of DeWitt IA, Norene Yopst of DeKalb, IL, Susie (Larry) Judd of Clinton, IA; one brother, James (Dalia) Dierks of Glendale CA; and one sister-in-law, Marlene Dierks of Phoenix, AZ.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Louie; one stepson, Mark; and two brothers, Jack and Marvin Dierks.
Memorials can be made to Mercy Home Care and Hospice, 638 South Bluff Blvd., Clinton, IA, 52732 (563-244-3766).
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines