May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
Madonna Ann Hansen, 84, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at her home on August 11, 2012.
Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 14, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, August 13, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, just west of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, mausoleum. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Madonna was born on May 24, 1928, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Marvin and Bernice (Beecher) Dierks. She was a 1946 graduate of Clinton High School. Madonna married William Vogt, August 1946; she later married John “Louie” Hansen on November 2, 1980.
She was a member of the Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Madonna was an insurance agent for Prudential Insurance for many years. She enjoyed reading, traveling, listening to music and shopping. She loved spending time with her family. Throughout her life she worked at various restaurants as a waitress where she met many of her lifelong friends.
Madonna is survived by four daughters, Carol (Frank) Cincola of Rock Island, Ill., Linda (Patrick) Burke of Wichita Falls, TX, Sharon (James) Pieczynski of Goose Lake, IA, Debra (James) Pope of Thomson, IL; two sons, William (Regina) Vogt of Forest, OH, David (Cheryl) Vogt of Chandler, AZ; 2 stepdaughters, Becky (Dallas) Kissinger of Fond du Lac, WI, Lori Jean (Douglas) Brown of Seffner, FL; one stepdaughter in-law, Esther Hansen-LeGleux of Port Allen LA; one stepson, Kurt (Sherrill) Hansen of Blue Grass, IA; 16 grandchildren, nine stepgrandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; 16 stepgreat-grandchildren; three sisters, Jean Smith of DeWitt IA, Norene Yopst of DeKalb, IL, Susie (Larry) Judd of Clinton, IA; one brother, James (Dalia) Dierks of Glendale CA; and one sister-in-law, Marlene Dierks of Phoenix, AZ.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Louie; one stepson, Mark; and two brothers, Jack and Marvin Dierks.
Memorials can be made to Mercy Home Care and Hospice, 638 South Bluff Blvd., Clinton, IA, 52732 (563-244-3766).
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines