May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
Madonna Ann Hansen, 84, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at her home on August 11, 2012.
Funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, August 14, at the Immanuel Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, August 13, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, just west of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, mausoleum. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Madonna was born on May 24, 1928, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Marvin and Bernice (Beecher) Dierks. She was a 1946 graduate of Clinton High School. Madonna married William Vogt, August 1946; she later married John “Louie” Hansen on November 2, 1980.
She was a member of the Immanuel Lutheran Church.
Madonna was an insurance agent for Prudential Insurance for many years. She enjoyed reading, traveling, listening to music and shopping. She loved spending time with her family. Throughout her life she worked at various restaurants as a waitress where she met many of her lifelong friends.
Madonna is survived by four daughters, Carol (Frank) Cincola of Rock Island, Ill., Linda (Patrick) Burke of Wichita Falls, TX, Sharon (James) Pieczynski of Goose Lake, IA, Debra (James) Pope of Thomson, IL; two sons, William (Regina) Vogt of Forest, OH, David (Cheryl) Vogt of Chandler, AZ; 2 stepdaughters, Becky (Dallas) Kissinger of Fond du Lac, WI, Lori Jean (Douglas) Brown of Seffner, FL; one stepdaughter in-law, Esther Hansen-LeGleux of Port Allen LA; one stepson, Kurt (Sherrill) Hansen of Blue Grass, IA; 16 grandchildren, nine stepgrandchildren; 22 great-grandchildren; 16 stepgreat-grandchildren; three sisters, Jean Smith of DeWitt IA, Norene Yopst of DeKalb, IL, Susie (Larry) Judd of Clinton, IA; one brother, James (Dalia) Dierks of Glendale CA; and one sister-in-law, Marlene Dierks of Phoenix, AZ.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Louie; one stepson, Mark; and two brothers, Jack and Marvin Dierks.
Memorials can be made to Mercy Home Care and Hospice, 638 South Bluff Blvd., Clinton, IA, 52732 (563-244-3766).
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
May 24, 1928 - Aug. 11, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines