Oct. 18, 1917 - Nov. 23, 2012
Raymond O. Eggers, age 95, of Clinton, died Friday Nov. 23, 2012 at Mercy Living Center North.
Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Monday Nov. 26th at Faith Lutheran Church in Andover. Visitation will be held Monday 9:30 a.m. until the service hour at the church. Burial will be at Oakland Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family. Casket bearers will be his nephews. Honorary pallbearers will be his grandchildren and special friends. Memorials may be given to the church. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Raymond Otto Eggers was born October 8, 1917, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Hans and Emma (Jones) Eggers. He was confirmed on November 30, 1934. Raymond was a charter member of Faith Lutheran Church in Andover, where he served on the church council.
He farmed his entire life on the family farm located south of Andover. On December 27, 1939, he married Jeanette Mommsen who was his devoted partner in farming, church work, playing cards, dancing and travelling with friends and family.
Raymond was admired for his dedicated work ethic and rejoiced with the dawning of each new day with chores to do and another farm task to complete. He was always the first to help a neighbor in need and would not leave until the last task was done. Threshing oats with his neighbors, making hay, filling silos, and building new sheds are lingering treasured memories of working together. Donating blood for others was also a very important part of Raymond’s life not only during the war but also for many, many years thereafter. He surpassed the five gallon donor achievement early in his life and continued to donate whenever the hospital called.
Surprisingly, Raymond appreciated a good joke from painting the dog’s tail to throwing off his grandsons’ shoes and having them catch them while baling hay. One of his famous euphemisms was “Age before beauty, wear out the old first” and then he would say, “Hey, kid get that gate open!!”
Lastly, he loved playing board games and cards with his grandchildren. His greatest loves and joys in later years were the babies he could hold and welcome on his lap. And finally, the sincere handshakes from his family and friends at Faith Lutheran Church were the most generous, appreciated. blessed gifts that he received during worship. What joy those hands gave him.
His family includes daughters; Janice Gray (Ron) of Miles, IA; Phyllis (Ed) Hazelhurst of Prescot, AZ; Laurie (Steve) Wood of Iowa City, IA; Marcia (Steve) Witt of Clinton, IA; and son Eugene (Virginia) Eggers of Clinton, IA. He will be missed by fourteen grandchildren and their families of twenty-nine great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife Jeanette, a sister, Erma Jorgensen and four brothers: Clifford, Peter, Leonard and Edward. Also preceding his death was grandson Michael Gray, great granddaughter Hannah Erickson, great grandchild Rene Ploeger, and son-in-law Ron Gray.
Death date: Nov. 23, 2012
Oct. 18, 1917 - Nov. 23, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks