Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
Sharon A. Meyer, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Monday, November 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, November 29, 2012, at the Community Congregational Church. A gathering of family and friends will start at 11:30 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Sharon was born in Clinton on August 26, 1942, the daughter of William P. and Arthera V. (Adams) Bauer. She married Harris Meyer on July 5, 1997, in Clinton. Harris passed away on January 16, 2003.
Sharon had been employed as a beautician at Barb’s Beauty Shop and later as kitchen supervisor at Clinton Retirement Village.
She was a very active member of the Community Congregational Church, as a volunteer, Bible School teacher, Diaconate and Missions group member and member of Church Women United. Sharon was a breast cancer survivor. She enjoyed reading, puzzles, spending time with her grandchildren and being outdoors in her garden.
Sharon is survived by two daughters, Susan (Jeffrey) Huling of Sabula and Sandra Leu of Clinton; four sons, Michael (Dawnna) DeVries of Jonesboro, AR, Mark (Josie) DeVries of Bellevue, Joel (Janine) DeVries of Anamosa and Neil (Angela) DeVries of Burbank, CA; two stepdaughters, Kay (Steve) Leary of Waterloo and Paula (James) Wilson of Castle Rock, CO; three stepsons, Eric (Sara) Meyer of Spring, TX, Clint (Debi) Meyer of Dallas and Neal (Cindy) Meyer of Centralia, MO; 22 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; a sister, Marcia (Joseph) Duval of Clinton; and many nieces, nephews and close friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son, Troy; a grandson, Michael; a great-grandson, Connor; a brother, Kai Bauer; a loving aunt, Wanda Adams; and grandmothers, Ava Adams and Anna Bauer. Memorials may be made to the Community Congregational Church or Breast Cancer Awareness. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 26, 2012
Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines