Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
Sharon A. Meyer, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Monday, November 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, November 29, 2012, at the Community Congregational Church. A gathering of family and friends will start at 11:30 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Sharon was born in Clinton on August 26, 1942, the daughter of William P. and Arthera V. (Adams) Bauer. She married Harris Meyer on July 5, 1997, in Clinton. Harris passed away on January 16, 2003.
Sharon had been employed as a beautician at Barb’s Beauty Shop and later as kitchen supervisor at Clinton Retirement Village.
She was a very active member of the Community Congregational Church, as a volunteer, Bible School teacher, Diaconate and Missions group member and member of Church Women United. Sharon was a breast cancer survivor. She enjoyed reading, puzzles, spending time with her grandchildren and being outdoors in her garden.
Sharon is survived by two daughters, Susan (Jeffrey) Huling of Sabula and Sandra Leu of Clinton; four sons, Michael (Dawnna) DeVries of Jonesboro, AR, Mark (Josie) DeVries of Bellevue, Joel (Janine) DeVries of Anamosa and Neil (Angela) DeVries of Burbank, CA; two stepdaughters, Kay (Steve) Leary of Waterloo and Paula (James) Wilson of Castle Rock, CO; three stepsons, Eric (Sara) Meyer of Spring, TX, Clint (Debi) Meyer of Dallas and Neal (Cindy) Meyer of Centralia, MO; 22 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; a sister, Marcia (Joseph) Duval of Clinton; and many nieces, nephews and close friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son, Troy; a grandson, Michael; a great-grandson, Connor; a brother, Kai Bauer; a loving aunt, Wanda Adams; and grandmothers, Ava Adams and Anna Bauer. Memorials may be made to the Community Congregational Church or Breast Cancer Awareness. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 26, 2012
Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines