Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
Sharon A. Meyer, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Monday, November 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, November 29, 2012, at the Community Congregational Church. A gathering of family and friends will start at 11:30 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Sharon was born in Clinton on August 26, 1942, the daughter of William P. and Arthera V. (Adams) Bauer. She married Harris Meyer on July 5, 1997, in Clinton. Harris passed away on January 16, 2003.
Sharon had been employed as a beautician at Barb’s Beauty Shop and later as kitchen supervisor at Clinton Retirement Village.
She was a very active member of the Community Congregational Church, as a volunteer, Bible School teacher, Diaconate and Missions group member and member of Church Women United. Sharon was a breast cancer survivor. She enjoyed reading, puzzles, spending time with her grandchildren and being outdoors in her garden.
Sharon is survived by two daughters, Susan (Jeffrey) Huling of Sabula and Sandra Leu of Clinton; four sons, Michael (Dawnna) DeVries of Jonesboro, AR, Mark (Josie) DeVries of Bellevue, Joel (Janine) DeVries of Anamosa and Neil (Angela) DeVries of Burbank, CA; two stepdaughters, Kay (Steve) Leary of Waterloo and Paula (James) Wilson of Castle Rock, CO; three stepsons, Eric (Sara) Meyer of Spring, TX, Clint (Debi) Meyer of Dallas and Neal (Cindy) Meyer of Centralia, MO; 22 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; a sister, Marcia (Joseph) Duval of Clinton; and many nieces, nephews and close friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son, Troy; a grandson, Michael; a great-grandson, Connor; a brother, Kai Bauer; a loving aunt, Wanda Adams; and grandmothers, Ava Adams and Anna Bauer. Memorials may be made to the Community Congregational Church or Breast Cancer Awareness. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 26, 2012
Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines