Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
Sharon A. Meyer, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Monday, November 26, 2012, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday, November 29, 2012, at the Community Congregational Church. A gathering of family and friends will start at 11:30 a.m. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Sharon was born in Clinton on August 26, 1942, the daughter of William P. and Arthera V. (Adams) Bauer. She married Harris Meyer on July 5, 1997, in Clinton. Harris passed away on January 16, 2003.
Sharon had been employed as a beautician at Barb’s Beauty Shop and later as kitchen supervisor at Clinton Retirement Village.
She was a very active member of the Community Congregational Church, as a volunteer, Bible School teacher, Diaconate and Missions group member and member of Church Women United. Sharon was a breast cancer survivor. She enjoyed reading, puzzles, spending time with her grandchildren and being outdoors in her garden.
Sharon is survived by two daughters, Susan (Jeffrey) Huling of Sabula and Sandra Leu of Clinton; four sons, Michael (Dawnna) DeVries of Jonesboro, AR, Mark (Josie) DeVries of Bellevue, Joel (Janine) DeVries of Anamosa and Neil (Angela) DeVries of Burbank, CA; two stepdaughters, Kay (Steve) Leary of Waterloo and Paula (James) Wilson of Castle Rock, CO; three stepsons, Eric (Sara) Meyer of Spring, TX, Clint (Debi) Meyer of Dallas and Neal (Cindy) Meyer of Centralia, MO; 22 grandchildren; 23 great-grandchildren; a sister, Marcia (Joseph) Duval of Clinton; and many nieces, nephews and close friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; a son, Troy; a grandson, Michael; a great-grandson, Connor; a brother, Kai Bauer; a loving aunt, Wanda Adams; and grandmothers, Ava Adams and Anna Bauer. Memorials may be made to the Community Congregational Church or Breast Cancer Awareness. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 26, 2012
Aug. 26, 1942 - Nov. 26, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines