Sept. 5, 1928 - Dec. 5, 2012
Phyllis A. Casperson, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, passed from this life on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 after being lovingly cared for in the home of her eldest daughter, Carol Davis.
Funeral services celebrating her life will be 11:00 a.m. Monday, December 10th at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton, Iowa. Family will greet friends and relatives at the visitation on Sunday, December 9th from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, Clinton. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Phyllis was born on September 5, 1928, in Davenport, Iowa, to John (Mac) and Verna (Gilbert) McDonald and later moved to Wheatland, Iowa, where she helped the family establish Mac’s Triangle Supper Club. She married Edward Casperson on Aug. 1, 1952, and made their home in Grand Mound, Iowa, where they raised four children. Her husband preceded her in death in 1996. Phyllis became a Certified Public Accountant, shared her knowledge with youth through Junior Achievement and worked for Clifton Gunderson, where she retired after many years. She enjoyed gardening, traveling, and reading. Phyllis loved life and enjoyed spending time outside at the family’s country camp.
Phyllis’ greatest joy was her large family of four children, 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grand children. She is survived and lovingly remembered by her children, Carol Davis of Moline, IL; John (Kathy) Casperson of Clinton; Cindy Sirna of Bettendorf, IA, and Christine Hensley of Clinton; and sisters Janet McDonald, Wheatland; and Judi (Dennis) Holdorf, Muscatine. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, and a great grandson.
Death date: Dec. 5, 2012
Sept. 5, 1928 - Dec. 5, 2012
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines