Sept. 5, 1928 - Dec. 5, 2012
Phyllis A. Casperson, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, passed from this life on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 after being lovingly cared for in the home of her eldest daughter, Carol Davis.
Funeral services celebrating her life will be 11:00 a.m. Monday, December 10th at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton, Iowa. Family will greet friends and relatives at the visitation on Sunday, December 9th from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, Clinton. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Phyllis was born on September 5, 1928, in Davenport, Iowa, to John (Mac) and Verna (Gilbert) McDonald and later moved to Wheatland, Iowa, where she helped the family establish Mac’s Triangle Supper Club. She married Edward Casperson on Aug. 1, 1952, and made their home in Grand Mound, Iowa, where they raised four children. Her husband preceded her in death in 1996. Phyllis became a Certified Public Accountant, shared her knowledge with youth through Junior Achievement and worked for Clifton Gunderson, where she retired after many years. She enjoyed gardening, traveling, and reading. Phyllis loved life and enjoyed spending time outside at the family’s country camp.
Phyllis’ greatest joy was her large family of four children, 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grand children. She is survived and lovingly remembered by her children, Carol Davis of Moline, IL; John (Kathy) Casperson of Clinton; Cindy Sirna of Bettendorf, IA, and Christine Hensley of Clinton; and sisters Janet McDonald, Wheatland; and Judi (Dennis) Holdorf, Muscatine. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, and a great grandson.
Death date: Dec. 5, 2012
Sept. 5, 1928 - Dec. 5, 2012
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines