Sept. 5, 1928 - Dec. 5, 2012
Phyllis A. Casperson, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, passed from this life on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 after being lovingly cared for in the home of her eldest daughter, Carol Davis.
Funeral services celebrating her life will be 11:00 a.m. Monday, December 10th at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton, Iowa. Family will greet friends and relatives at the visitation on Sunday, December 9th from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, Clinton. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Phyllis was born on September 5, 1928, in Davenport, Iowa, to John (Mac) and Verna (Gilbert) McDonald and later moved to Wheatland, Iowa, where she helped the family establish Mac’s Triangle Supper Club. She married Edward Casperson on Aug. 1, 1952, and made their home in Grand Mound, Iowa, where they raised four children. Her husband preceded her in death in 1996. Phyllis became a Certified Public Accountant, shared her knowledge with youth through Junior Achievement and worked for Clifton Gunderson, where she retired after many years. She enjoyed gardening, traveling, and reading. Phyllis loved life and enjoyed spending time outside at the family’s country camp.
Phyllis’ greatest joy was her large family of four children, 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grand children. She is survived and lovingly remembered by her children, Carol Davis of Moline, IL; John (Kathy) Casperson of Clinton; Cindy Sirna of Bettendorf, IA, and Christine Hensley of Clinton; and sisters Janet McDonald, Wheatland; and Judi (Dennis) Holdorf, Muscatine. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, and a great grandson.
Death date: Dec. 5, 2012
Sept. 5, 1928 - Dec. 5, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines