Sept. 5, 1928 - Dec. 5, 2012
Phyllis A. Casperson, 84, of Clinton, Iowa, passed from this life on Wednesday, December 5, 2012 after being lovingly cared for in the home of her eldest daughter, Carol Davis.
Funeral services celebrating her life will be 11:00 a.m. Monday, December 10th at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton, Iowa. Family will greet friends and relatives at the visitation on Sunday, December 9th from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery, Clinton. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Phyllis was born on September 5, 1928, in Davenport, Iowa, to John (Mac) and Verna (Gilbert) McDonald and later moved to Wheatland, Iowa, where she helped the family establish Mac’s Triangle Supper Club. She married Edward Casperson on Aug. 1, 1952, and made their home in Grand Mound, Iowa, where they raised four children. Her husband preceded her in death in 1996. Phyllis became a Certified Public Accountant, shared her knowledge with youth through Junior Achievement and worked for Clifton Gunderson, where she retired after many years. She enjoyed gardening, traveling, and reading. Phyllis loved life and enjoyed spending time outside at the family’s country camp.
Phyllis’ greatest joy was her large family of four children, 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grand children. She is survived and lovingly remembered by her children, Carol Davis of Moline, IL; John (Kathy) Casperson of Clinton; Cindy Sirna of Bettendorf, IA, and Christine Hensley of Clinton; and sisters Janet McDonald, Wheatland; and Judi (Dennis) Holdorf, Muscatine. She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, and a great grandson.
Death date: Dec. 5, 2012
Sept. 5, 1928 - Dec. 5, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines