1916 - 2012
John Robert Detwiler, 96, of Clinton, died Saturday, July 21, 2012, at Mercy Living Center, North.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, July 26, 2012, at the First United Presbyterian Church, Clinton.
A Rose Croix service will precede the memorial service. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements. Interment will be held at a later date at the Bellerive Cemetery, Creve Coeur, MO.
John was born May 17, 1916, in St. Louis, MO, the son of Robert and Augusta (Boehmer) Detwiler. He was a graduate of Roosevelt High School, St. Louis, MO, and attended North Western University. He married Hortense “Hort” Vollmer on February June 2, 1937, in St. Louis, MO; she died February 26, 2004.
He was employed with the Frisco Railroad for 40 years, retiring in 1976 as assistant controller.
John was a member of the First United Presbyterian Church, the Association of American Railroads where he held several offices, was a member of the Masonic Temple in the St. Louis area for more than 60 years and Scottish Rite Bodies in Joplin, MO. John was very family oriented and loved his job.
He is survived by his daughters, Dianne C. (Jon) DeBruin of Clinton, IA, and Colette (John) Clark of Keokuk, IA; four grandchildren, Eric DeBruin, Erin Hulshizer, Sarah Clark-Huffman and Meg Clark-Rhodes; and five great-grandchildren.
In addition to his wife, he was preceded in death by his parents, three brothers, two sisters and a great-grandson, Nicholas Hulshizer.
Memorials may be made to First United Presbyterian Church in Clinton or to Mercy Living Center North.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: July 21, 2012
1916 - 2012
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines