Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
Glatha J. Ostert, 87, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at the Kahl Home in Davenport, Iowa, after a brief illness.
Memorial services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 17, 2012, at the Evangelical Free Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Her grandchildren will serve as honorary pallbearers. Per her wishes the body has been cremated. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Glatha Jean Ostert was born November 20, 1924, in Queen City, Missouri, the daughter of Irvin and Icye (Mulanix) Sidwell and grew up on the family farm. She married Robert E. Ostert on December 13, 1958, in Clinton; he died January 26, 2004. She worked as a bookkeeper for the city of Clinton for a few years and for Nielsen Clearing House for 20 years before retiring. Glatha was a member of Faith Community Church in Maquoketa. She enjoyed being with her family and friends, reading, quilting, researching family history and playing the piano.
Glatha is survived by six daughters and one son, Marilyn (Bill) Heiar of Charlotte, Carolyn (Dave) Livingston of Clinton, John Ostert of Olwein, Rosalie (Dick) Thomas of Davenport, Pamela (Dennis) Naeve of Andover, Cheryl (Eric) Schneck of Burlington, VT, Gwen Ostert (James Martinez) of Maquoketa; 8 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Donald (Kay) Sidwell of Queen City, MO; and nieces and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and a grandson.
Special thanks to the Kahl Home staff, Carmelite Sisters and Genesis Hospice for their loving care during her final days. Memorials can be made to the Kahl Home or Genesis Hospice.
Death date: Nov. 14, 2012
Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines