Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
Glatha J. Ostert, 87, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at the Kahl Home in Davenport, Iowa, after a brief illness.
Memorial services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 17, 2012, at the Evangelical Free Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Her grandchildren will serve as honorary pallbearers. Per her wishes the body has been cremated. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Glatha Jean Ostert was born November 20, 1924, in Queen City, Missouri, the daughter of Irvin and Icye (Mulanix) Sidwell and grew up on the family farm. She married Robert E. Ostert on December 13, 1958, in Clinton; he died January 26, 2004. She worked as a bookkeeper for the city of Clinton for a few years and for Nielsen Clearing House for 20 years before retiring. Glatha was a member of Faith Community Church in Maquoketa. She enjoyed being with her family and friends, reading, quilting, researching family history and playing the piano.
Glatha is survived by six daughters and one son, Marilyn (Bill) Heiar of Charlotte, Carolyn (Dave) Livingston of Clinton, John Ostert of Olwein, Rosalie (Dick) Thomas of Davenport, Pamela (Dennis) Naeve of Andover, Cheryl (Eric) Schneck of Burlington, VT, Gwen Ostert (James Martinez) of Maquoketa; 8 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Donald (Kay) Sidwell of Queen City, MO; and nieces and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and a grandson.
Special thanks to the Kahl Home staff, Carmelite Sisters and Genesis Hospice for their loving care during her final days. Memorials can be made to the Kahl Home or Genesis Hospice.
Death date: Nov. 14, 2012
Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Sandra L. Jones Sandra L. Jones Dec. 6, 1955 - Dec. 2, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Sandra L. Jones, 57, of Fulton, died Monday, December 2, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2013 at the Albany Uni
- Harlo Henningsen Harlo Henningsen Jan. 19, 1959 - Dec. 1, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Harlo Henningsen, 54, of Bettendorf, died suddenly on Sunday, December 1, 2013 at Trinity Unity Point in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Veronica C. Determan Veronica C. Determan July 8, 1917 - Dec. 3, 2013 PRESTON -- Veronica C. Determan, age 96, of Preston, Iowa died Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at the Alverno in Clinton, Iowa. A Funeral Mass will be held 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 6, 2013 at St. Joseph
- Alfonso "Al" Antonio Cantu Jr. ELIZABETH, Ill. -- Alfonso "Al" Antonio Cantu Jr., 74, of Mt. Carroll, Ill. died Saturday, at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Ill. A memorial service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, at Law-Jones Funeral Home, 107 N. Main Street, Elizabeth. B
- Mary Knox Clinton Mary Knox Mary Knox, 85, of Clinton, died Tuesday, at The Alverno. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Home. Mary Knox
- More Obituaries Headlines