Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
Glatha J. Ostert, 87, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at the Kahl Home in Davenport, Iowa, after a brief illness.
Memorial services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 17, 2012, at the Evangelical Free Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Her grandchildren will serve as honorary pallbearers. Per her wishes the body has been cremated. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Glatha Jean Ostert was born November 20, 1924, in Queen City, Missouri, the daughter of Irvin and Icye (Mulanix) Sidwell and grew up on the family farm. She married Robert E. Ostert on December 13, 1958, in Clinton; he died January 26, 2004. She worked as a bookkeeper for the city of Clinton for a few years and for Nielsen Clearing House for 20 years before retiring. Glatha was a member of Faith Community Church in Maquoketa. She enjoyed being with her family and friends, reading, quilting, researching family history and playing the piano.
Glatha is survived by six daughters and one son, Marilyn (Bill) Heiar of Charlotte, Carolyn (Dave) Livingston of Clinton, John Ostert of Olwein, Rosalie (Dick) Thomas of Davenport, Pamela (Dennis) Naeve of Andover, Cheryl (Eric) Schneck of Burlington, VT, Gwen Ostert (James Martinez) of Maquoketa; 8 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Donald (Kay) Sidwell of Queen City, MO; and nieces and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and a grandson.
Special thanks to the Kahl Home staff, Carmelite Sisters and Genesis Hospice for their loving care during her final days. Memorials can be made to the Kahl Home or Genesis Hospice.
Death date: Nov. 14, 2012
Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines