Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
Glatha J. Ostert, 87, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, November 14, 2012, at the Kahl Home in Davenport, Iowa, after a brief illness.
Memorial services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, November 17, 2012, at the Evangelical Free Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 7 p.m. Friday, November 16, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Her grandchildren will serve as honorary pallbearers. Per her wishes the body has been cremated. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Glatha Jean Ostert was born November 20, 1924, in Queen City, Missouri, the daughter of Irvin and Icye (Mulanix) Sidwell and grew up on the family farm. She married Robert E. Ostert on December 13, 1958, in Clinton; he died January 26, 2004. She worked as a bookkeeper for the city of Clinton for a few years and for Nielsen Clearing House for 20 years before retiring. Glatha was a member of Faith Community Church in Maquoketa. She enjoyed being with her family and friends, reading, quilting, researching family history and playing the piano.
Glatha is survived by six daughters and one son, Marilyn (Bill) Heiar of Charlotte, Carolyn (Dave) Livingston of Clinton, John Ostert of Olwein, Rosalie (Dick) Thomas of Davenport, Pamela (Dennis) Naeve of Andover, Cheryl (Eric) Schneck of Burlington, VT, Gwen Ostert (James Martinez) of Maquoketa; 8 grandchildren and 5 great-grandchildren; and a brother, Donald (Kay) Sidwell of Queen City, MO; and nieces and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and a grandson.
Special thanks to the Kahl Home staff, Carmelite Sisters and Genesis Hospice for their loving care during her final days. Memorials can be made to the Kahl Home or Genesis Hospice.
Death date: Nov. 14, 2012
Nov. 20, 1924 - Nov. 14, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines